Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

yes the area is starting to look great but like yesterday(sunday) there was maybe 4 workers working on stuff yesterday and being so close and with the weather up and down yesterday was a good day that they should have really got into it and it seem to be wasted so im guessing its going to be like the shockwave when it opened half assed. They really should have pushed it back like movieworld has before setting a hard date

As a general rule, construction workers aren't permitted to work on sundays - it's usually against council by-laws. Presumably, the park would have been granted a permit to do such work on sundays, but most construction workers DON'T work on sundays - they usually like to have SOME time with their families. GCCC are assholes - so nothing would surprise me.

Dear ***, In the most exciting launch of any Australian theme park, DreamWorks comes to life at Dreamworld on March 31st! As a valued pass holder, we are giving you the chance to win one of 200 family passes to attend an exclusive DreamWorks Experience evening on Thursday 5th April from 5:30pm – 8pm. For your chance to win, simply click on the link below and complete the entry form to go into the draw. ENTER HERE: www.dreamworld.com.au/dreamworksexclusive Good luck and we look forward to seeing you experience our new Worlds very soon! Kenny Koala

Interesting in the t and c's that

Each winner will receive an invitation (valid for 4 pass holders) to the DreamWorks VIP launch Event on Thursday 5th April 2012 to be held at 5.30pm.

They hold launches after the publicised opening now :S Edited by One day holiday

I spoke to a family member who is doing some of the painting there and he said they're behind because of the weather. (This was about a week ago)

Which is funny - because in my partner's construction company, the latest release they're building has gone up 3x faster than the release prior. When I remarked on this (it's across the road from our house) I was told they have been lucky to get things done so fast because the weather has been so good!

Thats not an uncommon practice. Very rarely is the official opening of something before it actually opens to it's firsts, guests, shoppers, customers, whatever.

I got the impression from the email I received that it was to be a 'sneak peek' event - to see it before everyone else.

I got the impression from the email I received that it was to be a 'sneak peek' event - to see it before everyone else.

I also was under that impression until I read the terms and conditions...

Thats not an uncommon practice. Very rarely is the official opening of something before it actually opens to it's firsts, guests, shoppers, customers, whatever.

Well the TOT 2 private launch event if memory serves was the day before Screamworld when the first public riders experienced TOT 2. GL had soft openings prior to official public launch but they were not publicised nor on the park map Unlike the opening date of the DreamWorks Experience that has been heavily publicised (including on bus shelter advertising along the Gold Coast Highway)

Interesting in the t and c's that They hold launches after the publicised opening now :S

I usually get Dreamworld emails, why didn't I get this one? I have a pass. Never mind i got it now. Btw, is the pass number the numbers underneath the barcode? eg. P4354----... Edited by kujotess

Which is funny - because in my partner's construction company, the latest release they're building has gone up 3x faster than the release prior. When I remarked on this (it's across the road from our house) I was told they have been lucky to get things done so fast because the weather has been so good!

This was the weekend of the last v8 race/melb gp so whenever that was, he was saying how he had to work the next day with the deadline of "yesterday" due to all the rain they had at the time.

The whole 'world' is really coming together. It looks to be fairly well themed. The Madagascar Madness area looks 'lush' and colourful, and Shrek's area looks in keeping with the film's. Initially I wasn't holding out a lot of hope for this, but it looks like it is going to be a really solid family-friendly area. Kids WB Zone just keeps looking sadder and sadder.... BTW, nice photo update Randy.

looking closely at the photos you can see only a little bit of the whole area but the old kite flyers has a bit of work todo as it has no themeing or anything at the moment same with the merry go round where are the onion carriages and other things mentioned also it only has a few items on it and other rides not in photos are still in need of alot of work but i will say this is still at the same level it was at on sunday so not looking good time wise i guess 10am saturday we will find out when i get there

nah i'm saying where gingy moved near reptar

What are you talking about kid I was being sarcastic about everyone saying it won't open on time..

looking closely at the photos you can see only a little bit of the whole area but the old kite flyers has a bit of work todo as it has no themeing or anything at the moment same with the merry go round where are the onion carriages and other things mentioned also it only has a few items on it and other rides not in photos are still in need of alot of work but i will say this is still at the same level it was at on sunday so not looking good time wise i guess 10am saturday we will find out when i get there

You worry too much mate it'll open fine Dreamworld knows what they are doing and they are definitely sure as they post the status every day

What's up with the big blank spot where Spongebob used to be? Hopefully they are going to put some sort of Dreamworks design in the big circle and maybe do the same with the old Nickelodeon store. And also, completely forgot about the old Angry Beavers ride.. What's going on there? They really should've designed that to Kung fu Panda and put the Kung fu Garden where the big blank spot is.

Edited by kujotess