Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

It is the same show as posted above, I took the photo shown on Outsiders Facebook however shortly after I took that they announced no photos/video of the show itself as it was a preview. The show went off without a hitch and works much better than the video posted above did, possibly due to the small stage and better lighting.

Well it's now open but dronkey flyers is closes as there are no dronkeys and the merry go round is open but they are still waiting on half the ride objects as they haven't turned up yet and escape from Madagascar is a mud pit under the ride so some work to be done there but overal the place is amazing alot better then anything the pack has ever done pohs garden is small which has a ooh statue and the jumping fountains which now have a large rock case over them which make them look alot better. Photos will be up tonight as I'm going to how to train your dragon tonight but the outsiders on Facebook are posting photos now

This area looks fantastic! Seriously, FANTASTIC! If it looks half as good as it does on screen, I'll be happy! Seems that Dreamworld/works had their heads screwed on right for this one! No more of this crappy "it only looks good from this angle" themeing! Yes, it's not Disney or Universal standard, but I do get a huge Disney vibe when I scroll through the photos. It's more tacky than say, Animal Kingdom/Disneyland/TMK, but the atmosphere really does give off that vibe (to me, anyway). Far better than what Movie World is throwing at them... Photoshopped facades, simple repaint and a few billboards tacked on the side of the ride stage. Oh, and a train that may or may not help improve the ride's awful design.

Looking at the photos posted by the Outsiders the park has done really well with the change and surprised me. It is kind of ironic that Dreamworld currently are installing attractions with a higher level of theming than their competition (unfortunately the ride experience hasn't matched that of the competition). I am waiting a few weeks until holidays are over and they have had a chance to get everything up and running properly before visiting. Sure they are kids rides which I won't ride awaiting components but I would prefer to see how the area looks with everything complete.

I agree with you guys! I am really impressed. When I was looking through the construction pics I thought it was going to be really average. Now that it's finished and all the details are completed it looks excellent, especially for Dreamworld standards. The overall design, colour scheme, theming and little details like stonework on buildings, bamboo, cargo crates and actual decorations on ceilings all makes it work really well. I really like all the sculptured characters such as Shrek having a bath and the Madagascar animals all around the place (especially the spray fountain!). Has Dreamworld hired a new theming company? If so, I really think Movie World needs to get in touch with them. I am horrified to see that Dreamworld now appears be creating BETTER THEMING THAN MOVIE WORLD, as pin142 mentioned above. Step up Movie World, your new budget approach to theming won't cut it! The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that there aren't any new rides. A great new concept area and decent theming like this deserves new attractions! Would have been great to see some sort of Madagascar jungle cruise similar to Universal. Hopefully something decent will open up later this year, as they have suggested

While I agree the theming looks great, don't be misled to think that Dreamworld would have just decided to step it up. This would be Dreamworks all the way and part of the contract. It would be a case of them allowing Dreamworld to have the license but then being very strict on how their brand was represented and how the land was created. You have to also keep in mind that DW built a great Nick land and then let it deteriorate so bad they lost their license... Lets hope this doesn't happen again.

Yes Dreamworks would have pushed them alot as there was two official Dreamworks bosses there inspecting everything so I'm guessing Dreamworld were push to make this perfect. Now we move on to September and king fu panda land and the new rides which seems to have space for two maybe three rides if they remove the old nick shop we have the avalanche and the spot where kite flyers was also a new bit of area up the side of the sword spin and merry go round and the old shop so what kids rides are they that Dreamworld might look to buy, could the vortex finally be making a comeback what do you think

I agree it will be interesting to see if they maintain it, There is a lot of "Plastic" themeing going on in the Dreamworks Experience which no doubt will begin to fade in the constant QLD sun (though it has been very wet as of late). But in my opinion I don't mind the 2D themeing of Movie World, Thats one thing i always found interesting going there as a child, seeing something that looks real from a distance but up close it isn't (Much like actual Movie Making- its all illusions) - its not like this is new look at Wayne Manor, the Forced Perspective Alley in main st., the mural in Wild West area. All 2d effects which show the illusion of movie making and the later two are very popular photo ops for tourists.

While I agree the theming looks great, don't be misled to think that Dreamworld would have just decided to step it up. This would be Dreamworks all the way and part of the contract. It would be a case of them allowing Dreamworld to have the license but then being very strict on how their brand was represented and how the land was created. You have to also keep in mind that DW built a great Nick land and then let it deteriorate so bad they lost their license... Lets hope this doesn't happen again.

agreed. Nick central was also great at the start but then eventually got run down. The spongebob show was a real dissapointment in the lack of theming. But overall dreamworks looks fantastic and will look spot on when its finished in a week with dronkey flyers and the merry go round done and will look even better when kung fu panda land is finished. I especially love the new statues of the characters been put around, great detail, even if they aren't completely realistic. Great to get photos with.

While I agree the theming looks great, don't be misled to think that Dreamworld would have just decided to step it up. This would be Dreamworks all the way and part of the contract. It would be a case of them allowing Dreamworld to have the license but then being very strict on how their brand was represented and how the land was created.

Great point. Thanks for bringing us back to reality

Hey look I hope they just keep going from strength to strength, competition is only good for the parks. If one parks steps up the theming the others will too, it's just like when white water world opened. If you look at the past 6 months things are looking very bright for all our parks.

Yea I've got to agree... by just looking at these photos the new area is looking great!!! Hats off to DW and I hope they realise how much positive feedback they're getting from something so simple in theming that all the little things are what make the big difference. It creates a great atmosphere. Can't wait to check the new area out, hopefully I can get there around June!