Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

Just because there isn't any new rides doesn't mean there is nothing new or something to be excited about. There's a whole new range of characters to meet like Shrek, Alex etc and a new show to enjoy. I mean, for the kids it's not all about rides it's mostly about the experience of meeting the characters and seeing the big animals is always amazing as a young kid, or even older haha. It's just a starter to get ready for the new Kung Fu Panda land as Cruiseshipfan mentioned.

Yeah I'm actually getting really sick of just reading everything so negative about what the parks are doing. Even positive comments get an added "but, followed by something negative." Remember everyone, this is not Disney and attractions do not have 100 million plus budgets. Be happy we get SOMETHING.

^djrappa if you keep letting the comments bug you like this you are going to have a mental breakdown. I think the parks get plenty of compliments when they are doing things right, but also plenty of criticism and constructive comments too. That's never going to change. This is a forum for park discussion, not unadulterated worship and obsessive fandom (although there may be a bit of that too)

I think the main thing to remember is that when the parks are doing poorly, we're all full of criticism - when they are doing something right (in our eyes) we're all loaded with praise, but many still have a critique. More a case of 'nothing is ever good enough?' syndrome? I love that WVTP and DreamWorld are both investing money, for whatever reasons they are, into existing attractions, rather than just lavishing the newest kid on the block, and letting the old ones deteriorate: Nickelodeon\Dreamworks, Sea Viper\Corkscrew, Lethal\Arkham. I'm sure we'll see revamps (not necessarily rethemes in every case) for our other older attractions - BATR, LTRR, Wild West, Scooby, Bermuda.. Cyclone could do with a new train - maybe Ardent could talk to the guys who built Viper\Arkham trains...

On another note - was anyone else selected to attend the 'Dreamworks Experience night this thursday at Dreamworld?

Congratulations! You were one of the winning entries in our exclusive DreamWorks Experience competition! You and four guests (must be valid passholders) are invited to experience our new DreamWorks worlds! Please print this RSVP and bring it with you on Thursday 5 April to Dreamworld, along with your Pass, to gain entry. The evening begins at 5:30pm and finishes at 8pm. We look forward to you experiencing our two new worlds! ** You and your guests MUST be a valid passholder and will need to show your pass and RSVP upon arrival for entry. ***No other rides or attractions other than the DreamWorks Worlds will be open.

I also agree that the TVC is crap.... They should go back the the great "So Many Worlds In One" slogan/TVC ; Besides thats kinda what made me love the park so much in the first place...... Now i say go elsewhere....... Maybe to the place that has a coster themed to one of my favorite "current-gen" console games.

This is the only other post I'll make on the matter but I'm not saying the parks don't get the good with the bad comments, I'm saying that lately there is absolutely nothing positive being said about the parks, unless it's also followed up with a backhanded criticism. Ask you're girlfriends, they'll tell you that a compliment WITH a negative as well completely cancels out the compliment. I just think the parks do need a bit of a break and that the Disney and Universal standards really shouldn't be what they are held to and we should from time to time be happy they are producing good, nice additions to the parks.

Worth noting too, but even if this area doesn't have a new ride (yet) its' still got a new show. And new show = new attraction. Maybe not as good to us enthusiasts as a new flat ride, but we're not the target audience. From the looks of the area, I'm not sure how any kid could possibly be dissapointed with it.

Edited by Gazza

On another note - was anyone else selected to attend the 'Dreamworks Experience night this thursday at Dreamworld?

Has anyone gotten an email yet for the Dreamworks VIP experience, I'm kinda upset I didn't get one (a winning email).

Yes. On that note - My invite is for 4 people, and we're two... so if there are two other pass holders out there that would like to come along - i'm happy to let you through the gates with my invite. PM me if you're interested - preference will be given to those older, more established members of the forums though...

After finally seeing a proper in depth update (the parkz one, much better than all the FB pages) of the two and a half new areas at Dreamworld, I am very pleased to say I am VERY impressed. I honestly think there cannot be any negative attitude towards this area re theme. Of course anyone can find a few little things here and there to criticize but compared to Dreamworlds recent standards the area looks absolutely fantastic. In recent years I have been more of a MW fan with the introduction of a poorly rethemed TOT2 and a good gimmick, but bad rollercoaster (Buzzsaw). Yet the level of detail and standard of theming that has gone into this is absolutely fantastic. That area of the park went from being a generic nickelodeon themed area to a high standard LAND. I believe the most important part of the theming is to immerse the parkgo-er, something which this does well. Yes there may not be any new attractions (for now) but who cares? No one is complaining about the fact that with the new Lethal Weapon retheme to Arkham Asylum about why they haven't added a new rollercoaster, much like they don't need to add new rides or flats. Just like someone said earlier, this isn't Universal or Disneyland and if you want that standard of theme parks, go to Universal or Disneyland.... Or send a very angry letter to our parks, I'm sure that'll work!! Anyway end of rant, I am not a DW fanboy as I have MUCH preferred MW in recent years, yet I believe the current criticism of the parks isn't warranted, as we have just been given a world class themed area from DW and a number of things from MW. Congrats DW on winning back another customer

just got back from this. Photo wise - it wasn't worth it. Daylight photos already posted show it off much better than night time. Rides had 'some' lighting - including a little orange neon on the bottom of the Gingy gliders, but other than that, standard flood-wash around. Check the parkz update - they're better. Dronkeys were still missing ( i think about every second one), but everything else was pretty good. The carousel needs more themed characters rather than a bunch of 'hooded horses'. I did get one photo - of the 'latin' sign near the food outlet. This has now been replaced (and made larger?) with the same 'theme', except the words are now in english, and are the ride names (with the arrows obviously pointing in the right direction of each) - i'll post tomorrow if no-one else does. there was no pomp-and-ceremony - just a night-time ride experience. Thanks to Warren who made 'escape from madagascar (5 times in a row) a more enjoyable experience than usual. Not sure if it has been mentioned yet - but EFM now has an on-ride photo. Simple 'big-shot' camera, in a similar position to the original camera on lethal weapon (ie: you get a great photo of your feet). One thing I must mention though is that Dreamworld did this 'exclusive launch' VERY well. WVTP take note! By my estimate, there were about 200 people (including children). Each ride was well staffed, and after seeing the theming in person, DW has pulled this off extremely well. I could picture myself standing in Madagascar land at USH. Even little touches - like spatter-painting all of the ride fencing, as opposed to the standard 'one-colour' fence we've grown so used to over there. Every attraction was either walk-on, or wait-for-the-current-cycle-to-finish. This is what night-time events should be like. The other photo I managed to get should satisfy Gazza - the 'sad-puss-in-boots-eyes' has been included in merchandising - there is a key-ring using the image (and it is of course also used in the theming surrounding sword-swing).

Has anyone noticed that they still have the commercial on TV where they are like '... are coming to Dreamworld, well soon...' It seems kinda dumb that they made the add like that. They really should've done it like 'Dreamworks are coming to Dreamworld these school holidays', not this stupid 'well soon, we can't wait'.

Has anyone noticed that they still have the commercial on TV where they are like '... are coming to Dreamworld, well soon...' It seems kinda dumb that they made the add like that. They really should've done it like 'Dreamworks are coming to Dreamworld these school holidays', not this stupid 'well soon, we can't wait'.

lol they just tried to make it sound posh with the magestic Dreamworks voice