Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

Laid back? Hard to chill the hell out when all I keep reading on here day after day is a million 'moderators' , what seems like a competition for who can be the most informed and very little theme park discussion.

• 1 month later...

Just thinking of it then, when DW builds a section like this to there park, does it cost DW the entire amount to build it? Or does/can Dreamworks contribute to the cost? Same with Wiggles world too. I'm really not sure how this type of thing works. I can understand rides being a one sided payment, but Dreamworks gets something out of this too.

Edited by Grantus

Just thinking of it then, when DM builds a section like this to there park, does it cost DM the enitre amount to build it? Or does/can Dreamworks contribute to the cost? Same with Wiggles world too. I'm really not sure how this type of thing works. I can understand rides being a one sided payment, but Dreamworks gets something out of this too.

For starters, I still don't get people who speak English, don't understand how abbreviations work. You take the first letter of each word eg.... ABC - Australian Broadcasting Comission SW - Sea World ATM - Automatic Teller Machine LOL - Laughing out Loud WA - Western Australia PG - Parental Guidance Etc etc So its DW for Dream World. You don't abbreviate by doing DM, where you have taken the first and last letters of Dream, and forgotten 'world' all together. It's just as bad as the people who call Movie World MV... FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! Imagine if we took your method , it would be stupid for everything: ANC - Australian Broadcasting Comission SA - Sea World ACR- Automatic Teller Machine LGL - Laughing out Loud WN - Western Australia PL - Parental Guidance So, When DW builds this, DW pays the full cost of construction, plus a licencing fee to Dreamworks. Dreamworks are the ones who created the characters and own the IP. The characters are popular with Children, so it's Dreamworld who gets the benefit from using them to attract families to the park. It's not the same as as a sponsorship deal where the 3rd party approaches the park and slaps their name on something (Eg remember it was called the Kodak Skylink Chairlift) and gives the park money for doing so. Edited by Gazza

• 4 weeks later...