Sign in to follow this  
MikeMac

Movie Park Germany Photo Comparison

7 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a better forum to post this image comparison I created...since where talking about international film theme parks I thought it might be appropriate. Has anyone notice that there is a theme park in Germany VERY similar to our Movie World on the Gold Coast!!! I think at one time it was a Warner Bos. establishment but not anymore. It's amazing how the template can be cut and paste so easily. Whilst ours was constructed first I think theirs is probably more thrilling and slightly bigger. You can check out their website on: http://www.movieparkgermany.de/en/

post-29082-0-45774200-1328572783_thumb.j

The german version of WWF looks more like a wild west version of Bermuda Triangle, based on where the ride goes into the mountain

The German version IS Bermuda triangle. The park opened in 1996 with Bermuda, as well as batman adventure, looney turns river ride, and gremlins. For a while, Germany looked liked the version of Movie World that we wish we got, but speaking for myself, I think our Movie World is by far the better of the two these days.

Mabye the German translation is better but the name "Movie Park" does nothing for me..... One thing I do like is that Movie Park has a few more flat rides. I get a great kick out of flat rides like 'The Claw' at DW and Movie World could do with some more. :)

They seem to have a lot more rides than we do, especially in terms of flat rides. And plus they have a wooden coaster...slightly jealous.

I think our coaster lineup is a lot better. Their wooden coaster is apparently pretty average, and has no chance against Superman, one of the greatest Intamin Accelerators on Earth. But I'm jealous of their flat rides. There's a third Warner Bros park which was originally managed by Six Flags called Parque Warner Madrid. They have a B&M Floorless Coaster, B&M Inverted Coaster and a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang. (They also have a quite terrible wooden coaster).