1. 1. Superman Escape

• Front
    • Middle
    • Back
  2. 2. Lethal Weapon

• Front
    • Middle
    • Back

Just as the title says, front middle or back gives a different ride experience for these coasters. I've seen posts here and there mentioning where people enjoy sitting on these rides but I just thought I'd make a thread and poll about it. Personally for SE I prefer the very last two seats as it gives much more airtime over the camelbacks, other than that I prefer the very front because it's just cool having nothing but track in front of you. For LW I again prefer the very back because I feel the g forces through the elements are much more intense. Your thoughts?

On Superman I like both the front and back seats. Front because of the unobstructed views and airtime as you crest the top hat. Back because it provides a much more intense ride; you're practically thrown out of your seat down the first drop :D Lethal Weapon I would only ride in the front seat because it is the smoothest at the front. As you move down the train the ride gets progressively rougher. Plus I like the unobstructed views.

Edited by Luke

Also if you ask nicely the ride ops usually let you sit where you ask.

yep this works. With Superman, when you reach the top of the queue, just ask the grouper politely "can I wait for the next train?" That way the ride attendant will let everyone behind you through and you become the top of the queue for the next train. It's worked all the time for me :) With Lethal, it's easy to pick which seat you want. They let through a load of people from the queue and then your allowed to choose which air gate to line up behind. Although it did get a bit messy sometimes. I wonder if the queueing style will change when lethal re-opens hmm Not sure if GL is the same as these rides. How does Green Lantern's queueing work, is it similar to Lethal?

Front on superman, back can be (only slightly) rough. Also, the view the front supplies is unbeatable. Lethal weapon seems to be kind of ok in the middle, still painful, but not as bad as the back. The front seems rough too for some reason, but the middle is almost bearable.

We try for the front of Superman. Sometime it's luck to get there, but other times we ask. As for Leathal Weapon, it doesn't really matter because after the first 50 metres of track your head is bashed so much that the rest of the ride is all blurry and you can't hear anything other than ringing in your ears!!!!

I usually ask for front seat on Superman. Unfortunately, last time I was there we got stuck in back row as a grumpy ride op condescendingly told me and my friend we had to go on order. She treated us like a teacher would treat a 6 year old and it really pissed me off. The line was only about 30 minutes long too, so its not like we'd hold up the line. The people behind us were willing to swap to let us be at the front too, but the evil ride op wouldnt have it as she told us we had to stay in order with a "smile".

Edited by alex_1

I usually ask for front seat on Superman. Unfortunately, last time I was there we got stuck in back row as a grumpy ride op condescendingly told me and my friend we had to go on order. She treated us like a teacher would treat a 6 year old and it really pissed me off. The line was only about 30 minutes long too, so its not like we'd hold up the line. The people behind us were willing to swap to let us be at the front too, but the evil ride op wouldnt have it as she told us we had to stay in order with a "smile".

I really think it is time Australian parks started to incorporate front row queues on their coasters. There is nothing more frustrating than waiting up to an hour for a ride only to end up with some dodgy middle seats. If people are willing to wait an extra couple of trains to experience the front of the coaster, then they should be able to. It's not something I feel I need to do every ride, but it is great to experience a coaster from the front (especially if it's your first ride), and considering our parks seem to be focusing so heavily on 'thrilling' coasters, I think it is time they started catering to coaster lovers with this option. It works flawlessly in most OS parks, and even Wonderland (back in the day) had you queue behind the carriage you wanted so that if you wanted the front and were willing to wait a few extra loads, you could. Edited by strop

Motocoaster at Dreamworld had a front line up, anywhere line up and sidecar and after awhile the pole position (front) was removed as having a line like that you do wait alot longer and people in the end didn't want to wait plus it's a crap ride too

I really wish our Aussie coasters would incorporate front-row queue lines. I noticed when I was in USA that many of their rides has a separate front queue. Always thought it would be a good idea here too.

"Forever alone" seats are the best, especially when jumping a large portion of the queue.

agreed. single rider spots can also be very useful when you're with someone. Once on Batwing, my bro and I were in the third switchback of the queue and we both told each other that if they called for single riders, we would take the opportunity (we were fine with not riding with each other, or on different cycles). But to our luck, on the next cycle they called for two single riders; we both put our hands up. They picked both of us, and we ended up sitting on the edges of two different rows. But we could see each other, so it felt like we were riding together anyway lol plus we saved a good 15-20 mins of queueing. The people in the queue didn't understand what was going on and you could sense a couple people were angry, as we waltzed to the front.....someone even called out: "they aren't single riders, that's not fair!". Stupid people, it was very fair :P Edited by Luke