Parkz Creative Challenge 1 Round 3 V2

mba2012

Ok. Onto round 3, are same as always. Ok, your job is to finish off the DC Comics area of Movie World and to re-theme Lethal Weapon and China Town and to improve Superman Escape Themeing and add another ride to that area. You must also add a new dark ride into the Batman Building. These are your requirements:

• [*]You must create a dark ride to put into the Batman Building [*]Your dark ride must be themed to DC Comics [*]You must add theming such as metropolis facades to Superman Escape [*]You must also add a new ride behind superman escape [*]You must re-theme Lethal Weapon [*]You don't have to re-theme LW into DC [*]China Town must be re-themed to whatever theme you are making LW.
post-29114-0-65663400-1328997736_thumb.p You have an extra week for this challenge so that means it is due on Saturday 3rd of March at midnight. Good luck to everyone participating and hopefully we get some good quality entries like last time.

I would create a dark ride themed to the DC movie Watchmen (2009) to be put in the old batman building. For the new ride i would add a Giant HUSS Topspin, which will be themed to the movie Batman: The Dark Knight (2008) And I would retheme Lethal weapon to the Harry Potter series. With China Town being rethemed into Hogsmeade.

post-3422-0-44244300-1330774223_thumb.jp

post-3422-0-48330500-1330774238_thumb.jp

post-3422-0-63291300-1330774258_thumb.jp

post-3422-0-53083800-1330774273_thumb.gi

post-3422-0-66660600-1330774287_thumb.jp

Hi All, My submission is attached. I know I have strayed a little by adding the Planet Hollywood to the park but I thought it would be a great way to add something completely new to Movie World and is part of my solution for re-use of the Batman Adventure Ride Building. It is also opening the park for reguar night events :-) Part of my solution is to create a new access to Superman Escape, Arkham (I like the MW idea) and two new rides next to superman. I have reused the existing batman ride in two section. 1st Section is the Planet Hollywood Bar & Grill and Hollywood Museum and 2nd section is the new Dark Ride (Justice League Adventure Ride). Thanks.

Parkz Creative Challenge 1 - Round 3 - Presentation Panel.pdf

You can now post for who you want to win. Coming later today. Round 4. This round will be the biggest yet and will make all of your previous design efforts seem small. But wait. Round 5 will be even bigger. So get excited guys as the biggest and best round is yet to come. Good Luck!!! :D My vote once again goes for MikeMac but I really liked Trillrulz idea of a Harry Potter themed ride. Maybe the two entries combined together in some way would be awesome for the park!

Edited by mba2012

I'm gonna have to vote for MikeMac, I love the idea of the drop tower. However its a shame it'd dwarf Superman and Batwing so severely. But thats the only thing I don't like about the design. Thrillrulz, I like your idea of the top spin, with water effects and stuff it'd be an awesome addition. Also, MikeMac, next time I think it'd be more useful to give more technical information about the ride. For example, in your last entry you said that you'd like to put an "accelerator type" coaster. We have no way of knowing if it'd be a Premier Rides, Intamin or Vekoma launcher, and there is a great space of quality between the three. Also this time with the drop tower, it'd be more useful to say what the manufacturer is, though were assuming its Intamin it could easily be made by a less awesome company like Fabbri or Zamperla (though they'd never go that ambitious lol). Just something to consider.

Edited by alex_1

I vote for Mikemac, love all the ideas you had but maybe instead of Planet Hollywood it could be named something else. The justice league simulator is an awesome idea and i would love to ride that one day. The drop tower idea is awesome and i think it would add to the effect of superman escape as the coaster would go around the tower. I like the idea Thrillrulz had with the harry potter themeing to china town but don't think the Lethal weapon would be a very good choice for Harry Potter. Maybe they could extend out the back of Scooby-Doo for a harry potter ride and have thee queue for lethal weapon as the Arkham theme.