Zoomerang (The Demon) up for sale again !

That POS is well past it's use by date. I shudder at the stories some of the maintenance guys have told about that attraction. A Vekoma Boomerang isn't really something we want back here. I doubt they'll recover the funds they spent on it though - so potentially it could be a cheap ride to pick up - and AW would be the ideal purchaser - but the money they would spend on that would by far, be better spent on a newer, fresher attraction without all the problems this has... it's already third hand, having been at World Expo, then Wonderland, and then Alabama... One has to wonder why they're getting rid of it so quickly?

One has to wonder why they're getting rid of it so quickly?

This might help...

Alabama Adventure's Ride Liquidation Since being recently purchased by a company that is comprised of former owners of the property, Alabama Adventure has seen a healthy amount of rumors that the ride side of the park would cease to exist. Unfortunately, it appears as though the rumors were indeed true - Intermark Ride Group has a large selection of Alabama Adventures' rides currently listed for sale. From small to large, it seems as though enough rides are being liquidated that keeping the ride side of the park open would be quite a task.

Picture+8.png

Among the rides offered is the park's Vekoma Boomerang, which had two previous homes in Australia. The park's large (and popular) CCI wooden ride, Rampage, is not currently listed. Someone could, however, snatch up rides such as a Chance Carousel, Zierer Wave Swinger, Huss Pirate Ship, and a large Mondial Giant Wheel. Alabama Adventures has struggled for many years now, passing through different owners but never really seeming to find its place - Cedar Fair almost started managing the property years ago. It's adjacent water park has seen success, however, and it appears as though that will remain open. The park's last addition was this past season's Buzzsaw Falls, which also does not appear to be listed as for sale.

http://newsplusnotes...iquidation.html

Lol who do they think they are trying to flog a ride that they picked up for roughly $1.4 million US (back when our dollar was much lower than theirs) for $400, 000 more and its 7 years older? The cheek... And no, I do not want this thing at Aussie World. It has nostalgia value only for people in NSW, it would have zero impact on AW. Plus it looks crap.

Well it was only in QLD for a few months wasn't it? And that was back in the 80s lol. I doubt anyone but a handful would travel to Aussie World to ride it (most of the ones being on this forum).

Its was opened a lot longer then that if you consider expo 88 ran for 6 months and the expo fun park stayed open after Expo 88 as a stand alone park. If you turned up at 5pm on a Saturday it cost you $5.00 to ride all the rides to 10pm that night. I liked the ad when it moved http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqiS2eaGgwE Thinking it would be great when I went to Knotts last year, I rode the Boomerang. (f#*king rough) Edited by skeetafly

Aussie world?

I honestly reckon with the progress AW is making, they would be lowering their standards to build a Boomerang. The park is really finding its feet, and I reckon it would be detrimental for them to put in a worn out ride that isn't actually fun at this stage. Edited by Gazza

Well it was only in QLD for a few months wasn't it? And that was back in the 80s lol. I doubt anyone but a handful would travel to Aussie World to ride it (most of the ones being on this forum).

World Expo Park operated for another 11 months after the close of Expo 88 (30 October 1988) closing late September 1989!

I think a Vekoma Boomerang would be a great addition to a park like Aussie World if it was fitted with the new trains as seen on Carolina Cobra at Carowinds. Think about it. It'd be the parks star attraction, it would be big and turn riders upside down 6 times PLUS go backwards which the General Public would find OMFG amazing. The only issue is with maintenance, it could easily drive a park like Aussie World to bankruptcy.

I think a Vekoma Boomerang would be a great addition to a park like Aussie World if it was fitted with the new trains as seen on Carolina Cobra at Carowinds. Think about it. It'd be the parks star attraction, it would be big and turn riders upside down 6 times PLUS go backwards which the General Public would find OMFG amazing. The only issue is with maintenance, it could easily drive a park like Aussie World to bankruptcy.

People wouldn't find it amazing once they ride it. Just like many people gain a hatred of Lethal Weapon, only this ride is much worse. Once it starts to gain a bad reputation for the ride, so other will work out that it isn't amazing.

It would give them a unique attraction but you have to consider what you can do with the amount of space that a Boomerang takes up and what alternatives there are. To put into into perspective you can build a GCI Big Fun into the same amount of space and I know I would rather what looks like a fun wooden coaster over a boomerang. Sure there is the awesome feeling of going through a loop backwards but I feel for re-ride ability there are many other much better alternatives.

In my opinion, a great second hand ride for Aussie World would be a Schwarzkopf Looping Star. Its cheap, compact and a fairly fun and it features a loop which the GP always love, and AW could market as their big new thrill ride as, despite the fact it'd be a small coaster, would dwarf anything Aussie World has currently. I'd love to see a Gerstlauer Eurofighter at Aussie World but it may be a bit too expensive for the park. And Gazza, I meant the combination of being inverted 6 times combined with the fact it goes backwards would make it seem OMFG amazing.

GCI Big Fun >> Any of the other ideas presented. Think about it - it would fit right in with the AW theme plus Australia doesn't have a wooden coaster to my knowledge so they'd have bragging rights. And people would travel from Bris/Gold Coast/North QLD/maybe even interstate to ride it as opposed to a 25 year old rough vekoma boomerang that's like a 2nd rate Lethal Weapon.