Sea World Weekend Trip

Richard

Thought it'd be good to mention to everyone that I'll be going tomorrow morning down to the Gold Coast, to pay Sea World a visit. I was planning on going to a gig tomorrow night, but the blasted thing sold out (all 1,200 tickets), and we had booked into Sea World Nara, making use of some reasonably priced accommodation deals. I'm going to spend two lazy days down there - Friday and Saturday, probably both at the park. I'll bring a new Shark Bay update, and I want to take a lot more photos around the park - last time the weather was overcast (still took 260 photos of course). Mostly for the "new site" (I haven't forgotten about that if you're wondering :)), so it'll have all new photographs... nothing you've seen here before. joz, keep an eye out for me both days, I'll do the same. :cool:

Bummer, I'm back home now, so I guess not. :) Good weekend - I'd never stayed there before and it wasn't too bad. It's overpriced - you're paying for a slightly fancy (yet outdated) foyer and a monorail station. Once you're in your room, it's the same as any hotel out there. The park's good, the Pirate Ship was down for maintenance, and Shark Bay is nearing completion and looking very fine. Corkscrew's running very nicely with some reasonably fresh wheels.