Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

Okay okay. I'm probably being unreasonable lol I appreciate that it's a great ride that's a lot more technically advanced and well themed than anything we have or have ever had here. I just really hope Movieworld don't live up to their reputation of letting rides deteriorate.

I'm actually curious to know what rides MW or VRTP have let deteriorate? LW was given a refresh by getting a new theme and trains. Both Batman and Gremlins were closed to make way for great new rides, with LT presumably next to follow. Sure, Batman and LT weren't looking great by the end of their life BUT they were at the end of their life, they could have kept them going with less people visiting and let them fall apart even more, same goes for BT which is now getting replaced. WWF just went through a major rehab, sure the lift hill isn't quite what it used to be since the fire but that was a long time ago, and at its current standard all effects are always going to the best of their ability. Anytime something wasn't quite right with Scooby people on here would mention this and it would seem the next time someone visited the problem was fixed. The flooding on SE broke, that was fixed. Corkscrew was given a new lease of life as SV and when problems occurred with that the park spent a considerable amount of money fixing it to keep it going. I've the flume go down numerous times as well for a well deserved rehab. So, really I'm curious what rides then has the park "let go" to deteriorate, as is apparently their reputation, other than ones that are getting ear marked for replacements? Edited by Original

I was just comparing the POV of the ride with John Wood with some of the others and it seems to me like there were far more sound effects (including dialogue and ambient noises) in the John Wood version. It also seemed like there were far more active animatronics and the timing all seemed to be in better synch. Does anyone who has been on the ride recently have any thoughts on this? It'd be a shame if they'd already lost some of the effects!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G4HjbnzhI&feature=related

when i filmed this everything was working but rode a few days later and the timing was way off.

I was sort of referring to WWF. I haven't ridden WWF since the refurb so it's probably much better now, but it definitely looked a bit worn when I was last there. I was unaware of the refurb though, so that's good to hear. I'm just going to admit my comment was stupid and exaggerated so I don't have to bother arguing. I hate arguing over the internet, especially when Im wrong.

Can some of you people please stop complaining about the ride? It's still being worked on to fine tune the bugs, can't you just for once appreciate the work and money they're putting into Australian parks.

The complaints do wear thin, but an attraction that was announced months and months ago for September, that was used extensively in annual pass renewal campaigns should not be in "technical rehearsals" still in October. That should have been happening in August.

The complaints do wear thin, but an attraction that was announced months and months ago for September, that was used extensively in annual pass renewal campaigns should not be in "technical rehearsals" still in October. That should have been happening in August.

Movie World seem to have a real issue in terms of getting their new attractions opened in time and operating effectively

I think Movie World have done themselves a disservice by opening the ride before it was properly timed and ready to go. Having said that, I remember riding Bermuda right after it opened. I remember the boats brig banked up 2 deep in front of the alien guard post,. I remember seeing rooms reset in front of me, and hearing the same audio multiple times on the same ride. That was in the opening months, and that ride went on to become an Aussie classic. If this gets it's timing issues sorted out it too will be an Aussie classic and few will remember the issues from the opening weeks. The ride is in my mind at the same level as Gremlins for theming, but with an interactive element added. Can't wait to ride when all is working as it should..

I get that it probably should have had a month or so of open testing (maybe gold passholders only or something) but just like most things, you're going to get bugs and issues that just wont appear without mass testing. Plus with a lot of people having passes til june next year, there's plenty of time to go back once it's fully working. Not only that, but the GP probably wouldn't even care about the issues, they just appreciate that Australia got something so good.

Not only that, but the GP probably wouldn't even care about the issues, they just appreciate that Australia got something so good.

So you're saying Australians in general think like coaster enthusiasts?

but the GP probably wouldn't even care about the issues

Yeah, but if your gun isn't working..... I'm sure it will all be fixed up very shortly, I guess in a way the ride is like a giant video game, and the guests are kinda "Beta Testers" at the moment. I think this would be a prime time to have exit surveys, to pick up on recurring problems.

Plus with a lot of people having passes til june next year, there's plenty of time to go back once it's fully working. Not only that, but the GP probably wouldn't even care about the issues, they just appreciate that Australia got something so good.

VRTP have built nothing but good rides for the past decade... the idea that paying customers should consider themselves blessed or lucky to be paying for a good product is a bit like saying that I should be thankful that David Jones have my pant size in stock. They've all been good attractions... the main issue is that they're consistently late. Working out bugs should happen before press releases announcing it open are sent out to the media. Before they invite news crews along to hype it. I don't see any mention of "technical rehearsals" on their website, nor were there any asterisks in the press release saying it's open but not really open. Soft openings are standard practice at major parks around the world... and with a September opening they should have been ramping this up throughout August. No, there's probably never been a ride -- certainly not as technical as Justice League -- that has opened glitch free with or without a soft opening, but at the opposite end of the spectrum when you're training staff less than 24 hours before it officially opens while paint dries then of course you're simply asking for issues.

after an hour and 10 minutes i finally got to ride the new justice league ride last week. The ride has massive POTENTIAL as a real doozie. However i have to agree that technical rehearsals should not be something done post opening. I dont understand why there could have been a stand down period prior to opening that they could adequatley run through and rehearse the ride. The storyline of the ride seemed disjointed as the last 2 screens on our ride through wernt even going. The technical faults in my opinion were too high to have the ride open to the public. I also think that Movieworld has to re-evaluate their definition of 'THRILL RIDE'. Given the area it is in (right next to space shot and Green lantern), and that it is listed under thrill ride, the ride is not meeting peoples expectations. My step father refused to go on it because he assumed the ride would be fast with a lot of motion, where its as gentle as a lamb and he probably would have enjoyed it. I think this ride should be advertised as a gentle family ride. And lets all be honest here, we all think this ride would be a lot cooler with some sort of motion enhancement (a spin, a drop, something) in between the 3D segments. Overall rating. 6/10

Im happy to report I got two pretty much perfect runs on this around 3pm or so today. Only issue I could find was that there was no audio on the Flash's 3D scene. On one ride I was with a ride crew member, they do periodical runs through the ride to make sure everything was working. Spotted John Wood in the control booth, so Sally must still be finalising things. A few more thing's have changed that I don't think have been there from the start: -Megaphone speaker on pole outside ride has dissapeared, but the control box at the bottom is still there, so it looks like a random toolbox sitting by the walkway lol. -Emergency barricades in the Hall of Justice, noticeably to stop people getting to the side of the alien scanner, also a few at the ride exit. -Puff of smoke as you pass into the first scene. -In the window to the left in the first scene, there is a chef that pops up, when I had ridden before you could see the spores on him, but the character wasn't lit. -Around the dumpster on the next turn, there are a couple of forced perspective buildings with backlit windows. -The car crushed under the spaceship has better lighting, and a car alarm sound effect. Was getting around 70,000 points each time so no problems with the gun. Only short waits each time (about half the switchbacks in the "Lego Wall" room full, and they have got on top of loading now, to the point that they cant load them quick enough they stack up on that first curve out of the station, waiting to enter the first set of doors. I counted it as being a 30 second interval between cars, which gives an hourly capacity of 480.

Edited by Gazza

-Puff of smoke as you pass into the first scene. Was getting around 70,000 points each time so no problems with the gun. Only short waits each time (about half the switchbacks in the "Lego Wall" room full, and they have got on top of loading now, to the point that they cant load them quick enough they stack up on that first curve out of the station, waiting to enter the first set of doors.

I went on the Monday after the Saturday JL came out and the puff of smoke was working then. So they must have put it in after the opening day or it just wasnt working when you went. When I rode the cars were banked up around the corner before the first scene, so seems like they are good at getting people on and ready to go quickly. 70 000? You seem to be good at this <_<

70 000? You seem to be good at this <_<

I've yet to confirm it by taking a ride and comparing, but there is a definite mindset to the target scoring in these sorts of rides....Smaller targets, and ones in awkward locations tend to have a lot of points, so I try my best to clean those ones up before everyone else.

I've yet to confirm it by taking a ride and comparing, but there is a definite mindset to the target scoring in these sorts of rides....Smaller targets, and ones in awkward locations tend to have a lot of points, so I try my best to clean those ones up before everyone else.

I found that you can ideally hit 5 targets before the first lights up again so just get in a pattern and good to go. That's how I got 73,000. (That and I think a couple of targets did not go out and I scored some bonus points for just hitting it over and over.) Are the lasers staying on for the final "showdown" with Starro yet?

Im happy to report I got two pretty much perfect runs on this around 3pm or so today. Only issue I could find was that there was no audio on the Flash's 3D scene. On one ride I was with a ride crew member, they do periodical runs through the ride to make sure everything was working. Spotted John Wood in the control booth, so Sally must still be finalising things. A few more thing's have changed that I don't think have been there from the start: -Megaphone speaker on pole outside ride has dissapeared, but the control box at the bottom is still there, so it looks like a random toolbox sitting by the walkway lol. -Emergency barricades in the Hall of Justice, noticeably to stop people getting to the side of the alien scanner, also a few at the ride exit. -Puff of smoke as you pass into the first scene. -In the window to the left in the first scene, there is a chef that pops up, when I had ridden before you could see the spores on him, but the character wasn't lit. -Around the dumpster on the next turn, there are a couple of forced perspective buildings with backlit windows. -The car crushed under the spaceship has better lighting, and a car alarm sound effect. Was getting around 70,000 points each time so no problems with the gun. Only short waits each time (about half the switchbacks in the "Lego Wall" room full, and they have got on top of loading now, to the point that they cant load them quick enough they stack up on that first curve out of the station, waiting to enter the first set of doors. I counted it as being a 30 second interval between cars, which gives an hourly capacity of 480.

How were the animatronics in the city scenes? Were they functioning properly as in the John Wood video or were they frozen again? And have they activated the pop-out door in the main building in the city scene yet?

I went to MovieWorld over the school holidays and was really excited about this new ride. Thrilling 3D Interactive JL shooter, YAY!!! So after the 8 of us (20, 21, 24, 24, 25, 26, 50 and 67 years old) lined up for an hour and a half, we sat through the buggiest, slowest, most disappointing experience I have had to memory. I love all things DC/Marvel, but lining up for that long for something half-baked really left a shitty taste in my mouth. I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed if I didn't have to wait that long, or if the ride had actually worked properly (a few screens didn't work, the guns didn't seem to work all the time), but I felt ripped off. I know it was school holidays (I'm a teacher, so I'm limited in the times I can make it up to QLD - I won't ever be going back to MovieWorld in school holidays!) but still, let the public know what they're in for.