Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:33 PM "I would LIKE to see something like the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin..." "The wife and I were talking and with the Justice League Movie in the works, why would they not rip out the batcave and make the JLHQ and we have to help them save the world from some catastrophe by getting into special pods? This would completely revamp the BMTR2 area both inside and out, give a new attraction using the current setup with some modifications? Especially since we have a Batman, Superman and now Green Lantern ride and the new DC Universe store all in that area? Either way my money is on another superhero theme." That's another correct prediction for me... wOOt... :D First the el loco and then this... You guys really need to learn to trust me on these things. :P

3D is something everyone does now... It isn't exactly a new thing. Been around since 1922. Became popular again in the 50's, then the 90's and then again recently. But I do agree with jjuttp: "Posted Yesterday, 07:27 PM I would prefer props as opposed to screens," Something tangable they have constructed as opposed to a projected image.

Edited by Wyncenuros

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:33 PM "I would LIKE to see something like the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin..." "The wife and I were talking and with the Justice League Movie in the works, why would they not rip out the batcave and make the JLHQ and we have to help them save the world from some catastrophe by getting into special pods? This would completely revamp the BMTR2 area both inside and out, give a new attraction using the current setup with some modifications? Especially since we have a Batman, Superman and now Green Lantern ride and the new DC Universe store all in that area? Either way my money is on another superhero theme." That's another correct prediction for me... wOOt... :D First the el loco and then this... You guys really need to learn to trust me on these things. :P

Wyn - you weren't the first to predict the El Loco - just the most obvious. You weren't the first to predict a 'buzz' style ride either. Unfortunately the forums only go back 12 months, and the only post I can find is this one: which is May 2011, as opposed to september. I know that both Netman and Myself put it forward earlier than that, but hey. It's only a prediction if you don't know the end result - if you already knew it was coming from your contact (who obviously told you about the El Loco as well) then it wasn't a prediction - it was knowledge, carefully worded so as not to ruin WVTP's thunder when they officially announce it. MickeyD - he was a true predictor. At the very least, you could have shared credit - especially when you knew full well you weren't the first one out there... like I did in my post... but no... WE need to learn to trust you on these things? give me a break. We need to ignore you more often - arrogant, self important twat. :angry: Edited by Gazza

I really like the choice of name for the new ride, I think it works really well. But I just wonder why they didn't release any concept art or logo to go with yesterdays announcement. Seems a bit odd. What was it about yesterday that made them decide to announce it, even though they didn't provide any other new material to go with it? I'm assuming considering the magnitude of this attraction that it won't be another marketing failure like Arkham

Dude... Scooby Doo is technically a Dark Ride....

Dude... The Dodgems are technically a Dark Ride... As for yesterdays announcement, I like the name and think that this will be a huge hit and something that will really fill a gap in their lineup. I am already wondering whether Movie World will let you email your score and photo for free a-la Disney, or whether we will be charged...

Quite a few people here have been asking for a buzz light year style shoot em up for quite some time now. I'm glad Movieworld are heading in that direction. Good reride potential, an engaging storyline. It's what the park needs. Ps. I have no insider knowledge. I don't know anyone who works a the parks outside of my business relationship with them, and they don't tell me shit unless it's at a media event. I could sit here and say I picked this attraction as soon as Batride closed but gloating isn't my style....

I'm so glad the ride has been announced and everyone can now see why the park is getting. The ride is going to be amazing and before any negativity starts just because the ride features 3D projections doesn't mean it doesn't also have real sets and animatronics... Just sayin wink wink

just because the ride features 3D projections doesn't mean it doesn't also have real sets and animatronics... Just sayin wink wink

That's exactly what I was thinking. If you look at
you'll see that their product they were advertising featured players interacting with the screens and objects in real life. I think that is exactly what we will see here but with 3d projections.

Wyn - you weren't the first to predict the El Loco - just the most obvious. You weren't the first to predict a 'buzz' style ride either. Unfortunately the forums only go back 12 months, and the only post I can find is this one: which is May 2011, as opposed to september. I know that both Netman and Myself put it forward earlier than that, but hey. It's only a prediction if you don't know the end result - if you already knew it was coming from your contact (who obviously told you about the El Loco as well) then it wasn't a prediction - it was knowledge, carefully worded so as not to ruin WVTP's thunder when they officially announce it. MickeyD - he was a true predictor. At the very least, you could have shared credit - especially when you knew full well you weren't the first one out there... like I did in my post... but no... WE need to learn to trust you on these things? give me a break. We need to ignore you more often - arrogant, self important twat. :angry:

Wow!! I am sorry but I have to say this.... The arrogant, self important twat tag could EASILY be pointed at you!! Who the fuck do you think you are!! Honestly!!

Anyway back on topic and back to serious matters!! This is a brilliant announcement from Movieworld and one that will be a welcome addition to its attraction lineup!! It will be interesting to see what Dreamworld will come up with to combat this new ride!! Whatever it is , it means that the bar has been raised yet again for the Gold Coast theme parks, and that can only be a good thing!! Excellent!!

I don't know, I reckon with the recycling of the old building and how small it is, I reckon it'll still come in quite a bit cheaper than Superman. The idea of screens does to me seem like a great way to maximize the room they do have, hopefully it'll have good the 3D sets to match and everybody will be happy. And for FWIW I'm more impressed with the number of people who did know but didnt leak than the fact some people guessed it. Hopefully the people who were complaining about how crap MW were for closing stuff now agree with me that the only questionable thing was the timing, but otherwise they are improving the park.

Moving a little off topic, my guess is, the LT area will get some love from MW next, especially now with DreamWorks down the road. Then move onto the Wild West area to try and spread people out more and so WWF isn't on its own! Back on topic, my comment about the aliens from BT was a joke, but now djrappa mentions it, just one of them added in there could be a cool little touch or throwback to one of Australia's best dark rides and some nice memorabilia for people who do remember BT and let a small piece of it continue to live on. My next question is, will there be facade change? Or will it continue to be Wayne Manor and will the queue still be outside or moved inside? I guess time will tell.

After this new ride is released I'd say that Movie World will just take a break and not do anymore major attractions for a while. Unless they reveal another new attraction at Christmas time in the Looney Tunes River Ride studio, they would probably do a break after that then.

I don't know, I reckon with the recycling of the old building and how small it is, I reckon it'll still come in quite a bit cheaper than Superman. The idea of screens does to me seem like a great way to maximize the room they do have, hopefully it'll have good the 3D sets to match and everybody will be happy. And for FWIW I'm more impressed with the number of people who did know but didnt leak than the fact some people guessed it. Hopefully the people who were complaining about how crap MW were for closing stuff now agree with me that the only questionable thing was the timing, but otherwise they are improving the park.

Joz I totally agree. I was a pretty vocal opponent of MW closing LTRR and BTR together without replacement. It is indeed gratifying to see the superb plans that they now have with the Justice League dark ride. This will be a family friendly, totally re-rideable and overall excellent addition to the park. I am sure that whatever plans are in store for the LTRR site that they will be well considered and will equally blow our minds. In short I have had my faith renewed and its great to see MW come back with an Australian first. :) Not having been on any ride such as this, can anyone who has give us some insight as to how they stack up as an attraction??

It's going to really suck in the mornings though with both the queue for GL and this being right next to each other. They're either going to have to let people into the GL queue up to the station early or it's just going to be a giant clusterfuck of people blocking off the gates

I am pretty sure that they will sort this situation out- lets wait and see the finished product and queue placement before we jump the gun!! :)

Not having been on any ride such as this, can anyone who has give us some insight as to how they stack up as an attraction??

This type of ride is extremely popular, as it is a really fun ride to go on over and over and over again, with many people trying to beat their best score. The best one I have been on is Men In Black Alien Invasion. I would believe that this ride is a cross between MIB and Toy Story Midway Mania. I am willing to bet that the 3D screens are being used to bring the costs down, hopefully the ride ends up being like Transformers/spiderman having 3D screens mixed with physical sets.