Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

A couple go pro videos and people are already saying what they are disappointed in.

That's because bad representation of JL is very easy to see in a low quality video, Starro was a very minor villain and Uxas was a major villain, so in the first fully JL themed theme park ride they decide to represent a minor villain. If you'd read my posts properly you'd know my complaints have nothing to do with the enjoyment or experience of the ride, only that JL is so much better than what they're showing off.

Movie World should really take this ride out of the 'thrill ride' section and put it back into 'family rides'. Otherwise they are setting people up for something it is not. Also, have they released a version of the logo with the new name? Or are we back to the same issue we had with Arkham Asylum/Coaster/Shock Therapy? Sorry to keep mentioning this but it is my PET PEEVE! Get your marketing and branding sorted Movie World

Been waiting for this to open since park opened today. They started with we are hoping it will be open later in the day, and the word now is "It hasn't officially opened so we cannot say if it will be opening today." or "It is opening sometime these holidays." depending on which attendant you ask... Their FB page = It’s official you will be able to join in the ultimate battle between good and evil on Justice League 3D The Ride THIS WEEKEND! Again, I understand opening ride jitters and bugs, but when no ones story on the day matches... Looks like another bravo to PR!!! Also noticed the merchandise with the star pods in the DC store have Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D on them. Guessing this would be due to the name change at the last minute.

Edited by Wyncenuros

I think people saying that they are dissapointed in this ride is just being stupid. Yes you were dissapointed, but were the 2000 families? It wasn't meant to be a thrill ride. If you don't like it, don't ride it. And plus that makes a shorter line hehe ;) Sad to see it has not opened today going from what Wyncenuros said. I am going on Mondayso hopefully it's open :D

Xrazz. Check out Movieworlds own site for the definition of the ride. It is listed under thrill rides and it's description states " Get ready for the most thrilling battle of your life on JUSTICE LEAGUE 3D - The Ride." The ride is not a thrill ride, and before people jump down my throat and for the third time, I did enjoy the ride and Movieworld have done a great job with this family addition to the park. I think it is a good replacement for ltrr. Nathan

As is a bit of a tradition when I ride a new ride here, its time for my "round up", a nice long post full of spoilers and all the fine details for those interested. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ready? - - - - - So, as we all know the Facade has been redone as the hall of justice. There's no signage directly calling it "Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D (or whatever it's called these days). In fact, even on the safety sign is a red and black logo which says "Advanced Research Group: Uniting Superheroes". Ride ops wear uniforms with these logos too. Theres a nice new In the plaza at the ride entrance is a golden sculpture that represents the founding members of the JL, and a plaque which reads; This monument represents the super hero founding members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE. It and the hall of justice stands as a beacon of hope to all mankind and other worldly beings that fight for this world and defend our planet in the name of peace and honour. It is to remind us that even in our darkest times unity, courage, and hope will be our greatest weapons against those who threaten our planet. ... "The real test of honour isn't how you die, its how you live" - Superman Also in the plaza is a hastily set up set of PA speakers on a pole... So, we move forwards into the Hall of Justice. All the old Wayne Manor interior has been given a glossy marble finish, and the floors are now terrazo. Very nice. A couple of "coates hire" type generators on two wheels have been parked inside, with satelite dishes, and powering TVs giving the news feed: starro spores are swarming down to earth, and citizens who are not infected are being advised to seek shelter in justice league embassies around the world. The area isn't conducted as a preshow like on Batman where a presenter gives a speech and presses play on a video. Rather, its a case of videos on non stop loop, so the preshow is more like say the ones on the harry potter ride, where you kinda just file past. The library is just as big as it used to be, so a few emergency barricades have been set up to direct people from the entrance through to the next bit of the queue...... The next bit is a circular hole in the wall, with an alien scanner, which has a row of coloured led lights and air puffers as you walk through and a robotic voice which frequently says "scan completed: no infection detected". After you pass through the queue beings to ramp up. A large projector screen has a camera looking down onto this bit of the queue with a polarised image, and a facial detector (so occasionally you'll see a red rectangle flash around faces in the image) From this point on the queue just switches back. The walls are a metalic blue colour, clad with this 'lego brick' type pattern of circles. You can see the big screen at the back of the room from this point and couple of plasmas cantleievered off the big columns in the room (The scale of the load area is great! it used to be the bat cave of course so it feels quite large and impressive) occassional cut in by Starro the Conqueror . There were speakers on the wall, but at present they need to be turned up to overcome the chatter of the whole queue. So the queue was a little stop start due to sending through empty cars and short breakdowns, the crazy thing is a lot of people were leaving after only 10 mins of queuing! Quitters! On the final switchback is a set of racks with 3d glasses, no signage at current reminding people to get them, or anything calling them "Night vision goggles" or "Starro spotter goggles" or something cool like that. With some luck, I was called up as a single rider, and got front left seat. So from the load, you make a left, a swirling teleportation projection is on the doors, which open before you to reveal that you are in a back alley. To your left is broken window with a infected person inside, above you is a elevated subway train track. As you make a U turn you pass a dumpster, which an infected heavy metal rocker pops out of. after making the U turn you face the first screen, which is a bunch of infected citizens hurling starro spores at you. You can both shoot the spores flying at you, as well as free the citizens by shooting the starro stuck to their face. The track turns left and goes straight for a bit, the alley continues, on your right you see an infected buisnessman with a starro stuck on his face, and plenty of starroes stuck on the wall. You pass through another teleportation door and find yourself on the streets of metropolis, and immediatley turn left. You see an animatronic stereotypical "New York tourist" sprawled lazily on a park bench, in a hawaiian shirt, with a camera around his neck and a starro on his face, you also see an infected traffic controller waving a stop sign. This metropolis scene seems like a good place to rack up points, with a few small targets hidden behind trees and in nooks. As you approach the end of the street an infected person is behind a doorway which opens. You turn left again, and face a giant 3d screen. Wonderwoman has lassoed a bunch of infected people, and you shoot at their faces to free them. The track turns left and on your left is a huge wall, weighed down by a crapload of starroes stuck to it, that begins to tilt towards you. An animatronic supergirl catches it, preventing you from being squashed like a bug. You U turn to the right into another street scene, with details like a, illuminated "parking" sign on your left. Straight ahead is another 3d screen. The flash runs around in circles, making a tornado that sucks in the starros swarming towards earth, and directing them towards you so you can zap them. You turn left and pass under a sign which says "Central City Freeway Ahead: Toll Road", with 3 starros stuck to it. You them approach the toll booth, and the attendant is infected. The toll gate rises. On your left you see an electronic traffic sign which first says "Caution: Traffic Ahead" before going fuzzy and haywire and the message changing to say "Join Starro". You pass under another big overhead freeway sign, which has a fogscreen under it, and a projection of Starro the Conqueror, who threatens you. Looks cool, but the only bad thing is your gun wont work through it, so you have to wait till you pass under till you can hit the targets on the other side. You then approach the Starro Command Ship, which has landed itself in the middle of the freeway. The landing gear on the left has crushed a car in the process, and the landing gear on the right has caused the surface of the road to buckle and crack. The belly of the hull of the ship has a bunch of starros stuck to it. As you get underneath a projection of the green lantern can be seen. he uses his ring to force the spaceship door open, and you get inside. The track inside the spaceship twists and turns, with plenty of starros stuck to the wall. You face 3d screen where starro spores repeatedly try and attack superman and green lantern by attaching to their face, so you help by shooting to detaching whenever that happens. After that the track continues through the spaceship, with more spores stuck to the walls. At this point my car momentarily stopped, looked down...69500 points by then, person next to me was about 35000....And then the gun stopped working. The final scene where you fight starro the conqueror was blank, no projection. The car stopped again on that straight where you escape the spaceship. I did get to experience the explosion twice though. The lighting goes a bright yellow and some woofers make a loud boom. Very cool. The car started moving again, and you pass under some warm air (I guess it matches in with the explosion) The doors open to reveal the justice league (and a traffic light on the left has the ride camera, but i had stupidly put my gun away, so i just looked a bit odd). This scene was frozen, so it was really erie seeing these 3d characters floating in space, and sort of moving past them like they were ghosts. A turn brings you back out to the loading area. Up until the gun stopped working and the scenes froze it was really good, but hey, first day, first ride of this system, teething problems will happen. As you head out the exit you see your ride photo, but on mine no score had transcribed itself onto the ride photo, so i think that might have just been part of the issue on my cycle. There is no photo store attached to the exit ramp, so presumably you pick them up from the DC store. Well, that's it....any questions? :) And some pics: post-88-0-41953800-1348308689_thumb.jpg post-88-0-35850800-1348308750_thumb.jpg post-88-0-48117600-1348308821_thumb.jpg post-88-0-84704900-1348308940_thumb.jpg post-88-0-68367900-1348309043_thumb.jpg post-88-0-76253200-1348309164_thumb.jpg

If you mean how many seats there are on every ride car it's 80.

Yep, there would be about 80 people on the ride at any given time with people at loading/unloading and therefore over the hour my horrible maths would tell me it could take 800 people per hour!?!? Gazza would be better at this. Also, for those who have ridden this type of ride system before, how does it compare?? I know this is a first of its kind, but other shooters out there, not just Disney and Universal, both other similar ride systems at other parks. Real cool review as well Gazza, good to read an in depth detail of what happens! Edited by Original

If they are high-popularity villains such as Lex Luthor there's a higher chance of knowing who they are than friggin Starro. I understand the Starro choice was for cost purposes, that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad choice for the experience of the ride. Scrap the mist projection and use the Parademons would be my mindset whilst making the ride.

No its not cost thing at all. And nor is it a case of what villains are well known. Ok, everyone knows who Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman and Green Lantern are, A smaller amount I'd say know who Lex Luthor is. Beyond that, I doubt anyone has heard of Parademons, or Uxas, or Starroes for that matter, unless they are comic book fans. So it's a case of just picking someone and running with it, and obviously starroes made the cut because they allow for the simplest storyline without needing to know much about the background of the characters...They're aliens that stick to your face and take over, simples...... The GP is not going to see a starro as better or worse than other villain options out there, because the vast majority wouldn't even know what other enemy options to compare with, its just a ride to shoot 'baddies' as far as they're concerned, and the JL are the real stars of the show (exuse the pun)....I mean, There's a dark ride where you shoot turkeys for goodness sake (sorry, call the turkeys) and people ride that despite the sillyness. So the only ones dissapointed by starroes would be this set of people: Comicbookguy.gif

Yep, there would be about 80 people on the ride at any given time with people at loading/unloading and therefore over the hour my horrible maths would tell me it could take 800 people per hour!?!? Gazza would be better at this.

Its not so much the number of cars circulating the ride that matters, or even the length of the ride, but rather the dispatch interval. In other words, how frequently cars leave the station. This is the critical measure, because the more frequently the cars leave the station, the more people that get sucked out of the queue. At this stage, it's hard to get a dispatch interval because things are so stop start with soft opening breakdowns etc. If a car left the station every 10 sec that would be 1440 p/h Every 20 sec would be 720 p/h Every 30 sec would be 480 p/h Every 60 sec would be 240 p/h Be wary of the number of cars as a figure, because not all will be out on the course at once (Some will undoubtedly be spares) Edited by Gazza