Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

But I guess the points could always be overlayed after the actual photo was taken.

How else would could you possibly do it anyway? Maybe if there was a screen/led sign behind the car in view of the camera, but the quality of that would be crap compared to just digitally overlaying the score: 276285365_752690ed3c_o.jpg Edited by Gazza

Went on this yesterday. Big DC Comics fan however did not really like this ride. Was very boring I felt, I actually think Batman the Ride was better. I usually like family rides and dark rides but this was uneventful. Looking forward to comparing it to the toy story one at Disneyland in August.

I think the worst thing about this ride is that it has NO change of direction/speed built into the ride cycle. Not even some spinning, which could really help to build excitement. For example, that last bit with the explosion, you just think... WTF, too slow. It's such a shame, because it has amazing themeing.

I got to go on this ride for the first time on the weekend. I actually asked the staff member on the gate of Green Lantern if it was operating, as I didn't really see anyone going in there behind Batwing. I kind of assumed it was closed. It's really disappointing that such a new, expensive ride seems to have no hype about it. When I did go in, there was only a couple of groups of people in front of me. (This was at about 3pm). I barely go to see the spiel from the animatronic out the front. On this note, I would have preferred to see a more recognisable character (though I'm not hugely familiar with the DC-verse to begin). I think there seriously needs to be some better signage directing people to the ride. There's something wrong when years after opening Superman Escape regularly has a line lasting a couple of hours, and this attraction has only been opened a month and is a walk-on. (I understand ride capacity and all, but I mean it more in the way it attracts attention). No one on the ride seemed to be particularly enthused. It wasn't my kind of experience, I found it a little boring, particularly the choice of enemy. Otherwise, the theming was quite good, I thought the length of the ride was decent too, I was expecting it to be shorter. The laser guns seemed to be working most of the time. The visuals were okay, I'm not a fan of 3D at the best of times, but it was reasonably done. It's a decent family ride - it's probably a little loud for my 4 year old, who I didn't take on with me, but in another 6 months or so I think she'd be fine with it. She's okay with 'thrills' (loves the rocket coaster, and the drop of Wild West, but is terrified of the voice over before the drop). I actually preferred Batman Adventure, though to be fair, that had a fair bit of nostalgia value. I went along to its opening, I probably would have been about 10 or 11, and found it really exciting. I liked the whole build up when someone was there pulling a book of the shelf in the library to open into the bat cave, and I thought in its early days the simulator was more exciting than just travelling around in a car. For or what it's worth, I thought the Gremlins had a little more fun to it as well. Overall, I think it's a good addition, as I like the idea of family rides, I think if there was just more of a 'vibe' to it, the overall experience would be improved.

The issue of signage is something that has been taken to MW directly by a few people so far and their response is basically, "As it is in the technical period we do not want too many people on it. The signage is also still being created." From my dealings with them and the comments posted on this thread, I would bet my money on the fact it is a combination of the "technical" stage and the fact they have 5 different names for the ride and can't decide which one to sign it as.

Edited by Wyncenuros

Went to Movieworld today to ride JL as well as Arkham Asylum, as I haven't been to Movieworld since March. It was surprisingly busy today with some queues reaching 45min. Superman Escape (1 ride) Superman was open for the morning and i got a quick ride in on the third row. Fast and packed with airtime, as always, and all the effects were working. Unfortunately the ride broke down at midday and remained closed for the remainder of the day. Green Lantern (2 rides) Got two rides in, both times audio wasn't working. I've never had a ride where the audio worked. Justice League (3 rides) Ride was walk-on all day. Fantastic theming and an overall very immersive ride. In some parts of the ride the spores didn't light up, and on my first ride some of the screens were out of sync with the movement of the ride, but otherwise everything seemed to be working. I got a pathetic high score of 49,000. Batwing (1 ride) Had a fairly long queue all day. Was running great with insane airtime at the top of the initial launch. Remains the best S&S tower ride I've ridden. Scooby Doo (2 rides) Had shortish queues all day. Axes weren't swinging and the spiral laser at the end of the ride wasn't working. Wild West Falls (3 rides) Had a short queue at the start of the day and then remained a walk-on for the afternoon. Has become one of my favourites in the park, a perfect mix of theming and thrill IMO. All effects appeared to be working, though the screen with the hillbilly on the final lift was out of sync with the audio. Not sure if its always been like that. Arkham Asylum (3 rides) Was broken down for the morning but thankfully opened later on. I was totally blown away by the transformation! Without the distraction of head banging, I took time to notice the fantastic layout and surprising intensity SLCs contain. While I rated Lethal Weapon a 3/10, I'd rate Arkham Asylum an 8/10. Seriously. I experienced none of the thigh pain that people complained about. It was tight, but never painful on the legs. My only complaint is the RIDICULOUS "don't touch your seatbelt" rule. With the attendants doing up every single person's seatbelt, dispatches were only around every 10 minutes. Also, they didn't let people queue behind the air gates before the last train of riders was empty, then the riders behind the air gates waited another minute looking at an empty train before being let on. WTF?

The axes on scooby have been broken for around 2 months now its sad as it was a great thing for photos and for first time riders hopefully one day it will be fixed as well as lasers they are more hit n miss than justice league targets but It will never be as good as it used to be when there was fog everywhere and lasers going nuts was like a party room but it has been cut back to almost nothing these days

With regard to the 'dont touch your seatbelt' rule, there is a good reason for it, which sadly - is poor design. The seatbelt has to be inserted the right way up (ie: no twists at all). If it isn't, the harness doesn't register a lock, and it has to be undone and redone. The problem is, if it's in the wrong way, the 'harness release' on the control panel also doesn't work properly, so maintenance need to be onhand with a special key to undo the harness manually. This takes a lot longer than the '10 minute' cycle time. Unfortunately, it's easier to tell people not to touch the seatbelt, than it is to try to explain what people need to do ahead of time, and hope that a) they're listening, and B) they get it right. When I first rode, the ops knew I understood how to put it in the right way, and they allowed me to do so, but during general operation they get extremely angry if you do so. I've reached a compromise, and I ensure the seatbelt isn't twisted, and hold the tab right in front of the buckle. the op only has to take it from my hand and push to get it done correctly... saves time at any rate. I should hope Movie world and Kumbak are working on a different seatbelt system that either works both ways, or won't allow you to insert it the wrong way, which would solve the problem.

Approximately half the targets were not working today. 2 screens (Superman and Flash) did not display any hits (puff of smoke). As a result, most people were registering 15k - 25k scores. I received lowest to date of 62,354. Portable speaker box outside is back again. A lot of people still looking and then walking away or attempting to walk in the exit.

Well I tried it today! Fantastic theming but the shooting rendered the story line impossible to follow. I pretty much had no clue what was going on throughout the journey just that we were shooting the starfish. I also think that the constantly slow speed meant no climax was reached. A few sections of bumps, dips, of even a small accelaration would improve the flow particularly in the final scene. Queue was very small and as above I saw a group thinking the exit was the entry and I feel that most people didnt even realise the attraction was there.