mba2012

Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

779 posts in this topic

GoGoBoy    228

So it looks like Movie World have now officially changed the name to 'Justice League 3D - The Ride'. There is now no reference to 'Alien Invasion' in the blurb on the website (apart from the old logo which I ASSUME will be changed). A bit disappointing as I know a lot of us really liked the original name. But my guess is they are doing this because there may have been a misconception that this was just a movie attraction, due to the 3D reference. Adding 'The Ride' makes it a little clearer. I won't mind as long as they are actually consistent with the name and logo and make a final decision - unlike we saw with Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy/Arkham Asylum Coaster/Arkham Asylum

kujotess    63

I reckon if I didn't know much about Movie World and I decided to visit after the opening and saw the logo Justice League Alien Invasion 3D I would think it was just another 3D movie like Ice Age 3D.

GoGoBoy    228

I reckon if I didn't know much about Movie World and I decided to visit after the opening and saw the logo Justice League Alien Invasion 3D I would think it was just another 3D movie like Ice Age 3D.

So you think the the new more simplified name with 'The Ride' instead works better? I'm assuming this was their plan. Should we probably change the name of this thread too

GoGoBoy    228

I think for attracting clueless guests, it works a lot better. Sounds kind of dumb, though.

Maybe it should have been 'Justice League 3D - The Battle'. We know it is a ride, but the main feature of this ride will not be standard ride movements (I'm assuming the ride vehicle will just move slowly along the track). The main feature will be the shooting and interactive effects. Either way, I just wish the Movie World team would make a decision and stick with it. If I was the marketing manager I'd make sure the name of the ride was decided on before releasing it. Standard stuff

alex_1    105

Unrelated to this topic but something I noticed in the video, when did Constrictor suddenly get built? That was quick. I guess watersides don't take long to construct though.

Edited by alex_1

Brad2912    1,562

Pretty much in a week I drove by the 2 past Saturdays and it literally went from only the top segment in place to 80% complete in the week

ash.1111    89

This ride sounds SOOOO AWESOME. I can't wait. I am going to try and get down there on Friday and see what's happening. Let's hope they soft open it just before school holidays start!

MaxxTheMonster    440

2 large shipping containers out back of JL building. 4 palates with what seems to be the same shape as 2 of the ride vehicles one behind the other covered with black plastic wrap. Small amount of construction still going on inside so looks like a few days yet until we can consider the opening.

yogib3ar    0

2 large shipping containers out back of JL building. 4 palates with what seems to be the same shape as 2 of the ride vehicles one behind the other covered with black plastic wrap. Small amount of construction still going on inside so looks like a few days yet until we can consider the opening.

post-29255-0-51368100-1348025995_thumb.j

post-29255-0-06884300-1348026040_thumb.j

zane    6

non-spoiler details please! Was up there this morning, the finished facade looks amazing. Can't wait to ride it! Do we know D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y that it will be open tomorrow?

Edited by zane