timeing of waner bro's classic's & the great gremlins adventure removal ?

JeffreyMoore

hi i was just whondering if anyone here worked at movie world in 2001-2002 when the waner bro's classics and the great greamlins adventure closed if so just whondering in what time frame was the ride removed in 2001- early 2002 did it remain sitting sbno for any amount of time or was it removed asap after closeing and do u know what happned to the animatronics - ride system etc was it sent to germany as spear parts etc ? or does anything from the ride still remain or did remain at some stage behind closed doors ? also does one of the theaters still remain beside the scooby doo line up hall ? just whondering as it was one of the things made movie world so great in the early days now its all about dc comics and its so sad ps i miss the looney tunes river ride just as much

Welcome to the forums. As this is your first post, I will refrain from being my usual asshole self and pointing out all your spelling mistakes.

Welcome to the forums. As this is your first post, I will refrain from being my usual asshole self and pointing out all your spelling mistakes.

sorry spellings not my strong point

i did not goto movie world between 1999 and 2003 and was so shocked to find gremlins and the gravity house had been removed when i when whent back in 2003 just whould like the time line that all this happened as i didnt get to see it all happen

At a guess, I'd have to say somewhere between 99 and 03 :P Edited by reanimated35

'Show Control' is the general term for the systems that work together to control lights, sound, effects, etc. not the actual effects (so lasers) themselves. The theatres are located down emergency exits. The in use one is the one close to the alley.

i know gremlins closed sometime in 2001 and scooby doo opened around april 2002 so im just hopeing someone worked at movieworld around that time who knows more about how it all happened etc like what time frame thay started to look into putting a scooby doo ride into the park and how or why thay decided to remove gremlins to house it instead of adding scooby doo as a whole new atraction and also the time frame in 2001 that thay removed the gremlins ride system and if anyone seen or was part of its removal

^ I doubt anyone is going to post that information because your post almost sounds like taking things from curiosity to actually trying to access the areas in question. As the areas are off limits parkz doesn't really want to assist in helping in members break park rules. As for how they fit, most people would know the current Scooby Castle que is where the old theatres were, not all of them were turned into the que so a couple remain. A keen eye in the que will notice the remnants of the walls which previously divided up the theatres.

Just wondering, does anyone have any images of the entrance and the queue for Gremlins, I can't remember what it looked like.

If you have a look at the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster construction photos you can see the old Gremlins entrance being covered with the castle facade for Scooby.

good to see im not the only one who misses and is intersted in what remains of gremlins also i know most of you guys dont care but i whould like to see village - warner use more of there propertys other then just dc comics in all the new rides etc thay can use looney tunes and what i whould like see is more hanna barbera related themes we have scooby doo so why not more hanna barbera propertys ?

in all the new rides etc thay can use looney tunes and what i whould like see is more hanna barbera related themes we have scooby doo so why not more hanna barbera propertys ?

Well Warner Bros don't really have movies that can be made into rides. Most of their films are real life movies, such as theft and gangs. For example how could they turn the Ocean films into a ride. So they result to only making rides for DC. As for Hanna Barbara, many of the characters are past their time and wont appeal as much any more, just like cartoon network.

Well Warner Bros don't really have movies that can be made into rides. Most of their films are real life movies, such as theft and gangs. For example how could they turn the Ocean films into a ride. So they result to only making rides for DC.

Possible ride themes from non DC Warner Bros property - * Nightmare on Elm Street * Harry Potter * Final Destination * Terminator * Star Wars (Clone Wars) * Charlie and The Chocolate Factory * Polar Express * The Matrix * Pokemon Movies * Iron Giant But in saying that they don't really have to be based on a "Movie" in particular, but just a genre. Like the "Wild West Falls Adventure Ride", it isn't based on any specific movie, but the genre of Western movies in general. Edited by rac2703

Well Warner Bros don't really have movies that can be made into rides. Most of their films are real life movies, such as theft and gangs. For example how could they turn the Ocean films into a ride. So they result to only making rides for DC. As for Hanna Barbara, many of the characters are past their time and wont appeal as much any more, just like cartoon network.

There are few that could possibly work..... but none are are cartoon based or anything, they just contain alot of CGI.... Clash/War of the Titans Nightmare on Elm st. series Legend of the Guardians Harry Potter series Firebreather Sucker Punch Final Destination series Happy Feet and Journey 2 And thats just from the last 2 years; There's also Dark Shadows The Hobbit/LOTR Jack the Giant Killer Mad Max and Man of Steel Ok, so the last one is DC but still. and as for year relevance, in about 2-3 years Captain Planet should be. Apart from the fact that Marvel made a short lived comic on the subject.....