Warner Bros. Studio Tour

mba2012

It was basically like the Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, except didn't have any purpose built attraction for it. It went around to studios giving people a look at what it was like. It closed because it was not as successful as they wanted it to be and it was have negative effects on their bank books, as well as being very short especially if their was any productions happening at the time. They tried to copy Universal but failed, due to size and funding issues.

It was basically like the Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, except didn't have any purpose built attraction for it. It went around to studios giving people a look at what it was like. It closed because it was not as successful as they wanted it to be and it was have negative effects on their bank books, as well as being very short especially if their was any productions happening at the time. They tried to copy Universal but failed, due to size and funding issues.

A better comparison is USH's Special Effects Stage.

The original studio tour took guests around the studios, and ended with the movie magic special effects show - which is where your audience participation comes in. When they axed the studio tour, the queueline was still utilised for the special effects show, albeit without the tram tour to start off...

The only thing I remember about my trip on the studio tour was when they pointed out that they used meat trays (as in those polystyrene trays you get from the butcher) stuck onto the walls of some spacecraft or something, and spraypainted a metallic bronze colour. I also remember to guide saying to everyone that it was a live set, so we shouldn't touch anything - and then a guy in front of us knocking on one of the trays to see if it was hollow (he was lucky he didn't crack it)

In the early days you'd visit a mocked up set and usually they get some guests involved there too.

yeah i remember in the late 90’s they had the “Riddler’s Lair” set up in one of the sound stages... and you would go up onto a viewing platform and watch a 5-10 minute show of the riddler doing his thing.... then that went onto the Movie Magic Special Effects sound stages with the Superman(Blue Screen) the Airplane cockpit (Blue Screen) show and the Lethal Weapon 3 sound FX show....

• 9 months later...

I reckon they probably could bring it back these days now that the studios have a bit of history behind them and some real movies and TV shows of interest have been filmed there. They could also use some of that space at the back of the studios that's currently used as a dumping ground for a couple show scenes (Think Catastrophe Canyon or any of the many show stops on the Universal studio tour). Couple things to keep in mind though: It won't be cheap, the studios aren't much to look at, and the area would need a pretty substantial makeover to be fit for the public, as well as the need for interesting displays to look at along the way. Also, unlike most studio parks, Movie World's customers are mostly locals, and these type of attractions, while being great staples for studio parks, aren't hugely re-ride able. Movie World's would have to be. That would require making it either the most epic studio tour ever ($$$) or changing things regularly (logistically difficult). It would also have an adverse effect on the daily running of the studio. In reality, there would need to be a way for the trams to get around without being in the way of any production not matter which combination of Sound Stages were in use. At the moment, that's probably not true. I'd love to see it back, it would make a great family attraction for the park, but it's not quite as easy as "Get some trams, get people on and drive around". There would be a lot required to make it 'work' as an attraction. Hopefully one day they'll have a serious think about it.

sorry to say but there's no chance of them bring it back i know we all wish things we loved about the parks that have been closed and replaced will be returned but it does not happen i miss the studio tour - the grate gremlins adventure - young einstein's gravity homestead - police academy stunt show - batman adventure the ride 1 - the looney tunes river ride the park was once so much better then it is today but its never going to be the same again