Dreamworld News

daveoparks

On my trip to Dreamworld on the 2nd of April, I took the time to speak to ride opperator (name removed) and ask a few questions, just thought I'd share his responses Big Brother is back at Dreamworld, when is contruction commencing? The previous site of the Dreamworld Studios will not be used for Big Brother it is being moved to a different location in the park. (he didn't say where, I tried going on both sides of the Giant Drop, there dosen't appear to be any visable contruction) Will there be another White Water World Expansion in the forseeable future? Not this year, but there have been talks Will the Pipeline Plunge have a Dreamworks Retheme? Eventually a Dreamworks Themed water-play area will be added to the park, as for the Pipeline Plunge watch out for more news later on in the year. (name removed) was working on the Hydrocoaster if anyone was interested I don't know if this news was in anyway useful to anyone but i thought i'd just share it :)

Edited by daveoparks

Whilst you should generally take what Ride Ops tell you with a grain of salt. 1. Dreamworld Studios is not yet under construction (although they have plenty of time) 2. WWW expansion has been in talks for years 3. Would be good, Pipeline Plunge is looking very sad presently and I am sure whatever is done with Dreamworks will be more than 2D cutouts.

Big Brother is back at Dreamworld, when is contruction commencing? The previous site of the Dreamworld Studios will not be used for Big Brother it is being moved to a different location in the park. (he didn't say where, I tried going on both sides of the Giant Drop, there dosen't appear to be any visable contruction)

Possibly an interpretation of this:

[...] with a brand new house set for construction at the home of the old one at Gold Coast's Dreamworld theme park.

Will there be another White Water World Expansion in the forseeable future? Not this year, but there have been talks

To be fair, we don't even know this guy isn't allowed to share that information. There is always a degree of information employees are allowed to tell guests to satisfy their curiosity. It's not like any of that information is really company secrets. I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at your posts One Day Holiday basically talking down other members and coming off all authoritative in your information when really you are just going on your own assumptions.

Whilst you should generally take what Ride Ops tell you with a grain of salt. 1. Dreamworld Studios is not yet under construction (although they have plenty of time) 2. WWW expansion has been in talks for years 3. Would be good, Pipeline Plunge is looking very sad presently and I am sure whatever is done with Dreamworks will be more than 2D cutouts.

Possibly an interpretation of this:

To be fair, we don't even know this guy isn't allowed to share that information. There is always a degree of information employees are allowed to tell guests to satisfy their curiosity. It's not like any of that information is really company secrets. I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at your posts One Day Holiday basically talking down other members and coming off all authoritative in your information when really you are just going on your own assumptions.

One Day Holiday, you do realise that it is common knowledge that Channel 9 has started to build the new house and studios, they have said themselves as well as Dreamworld that the house is under contruction, and if you watched all eight series like i did you would know it takes 10 weeks to build the house from scratch. But I do agree Pipeline certainly needs a makeover Theme Park GC, he may of been referring to whats been said in the past but in terms of the Pipeline Plunge i think it may mean that the dated attraction might not be the location, maybe White Water World's extention may be sooner than we think(well I sure hope so) DJRappa, and it's not like we don't know half of this stuff wasn't happening, i'm sure he wouldn't of let something slip that he wasn't supposed to it's probably common knowledge pretty much

One Day Holiday, you do realise that it is common knowledge that Channel 9 has started to build the new house and studios, they have said themselves as well as Dreamworld that the house is under contruction, and if you watched all eight series like i did you would know it takes 10 weeks to build the house from scratch. But I do agree Pipeline certainly needs a makeover

Yep, I realise that the new house is being built as can be seen by any member of the public from GD, but as far as the public can see no work has yet commenced on the studios. Dreamworld Studios as of last week still had MTV signs.

I think people were just concerned for the staff members name/location and date being listed on the forum. As for your personal opinion of myself as I addressed in PM "Whilst you should generally take what Ride Ops tell you with a grain of salt." followed by my own opinions on what was said is hardly authoritative.

Personally, I reckon re-theming Pipeline Plunge would be the most pointless endeavour ever...It wouldn't increase attendance, nor boost retail sales in a meaningful way like the Dreamworks experience will. Waste of moolah.

It certainly would be a waste of money, but from what I read of the OP's post I would anticipate a new themed water attraction rather than a simple retheme.