Wonderland's Demon Coming To Dreamworld

Nightshifter

i have great news confirmed that the space probe will go to sunway lagoon and i'm 100% sure its going to malaysia and the only other rides sold is the Demon. Who will get the Demon??? well facts say that dreamworld has already bought the demon and it will be heading over there. Its true doesnt matter where i got my sources, its from a recent wonderland sydney staff meeting but the demon will be going to dreamworld. Its about time dreamworld gets a great ride, it would be a waste to get rid of the demon.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no... not Dreamworld! Please no more 2nd hand coasters. The thing that is annoying now is that Wonderland is starting to become packed out with visitors every day because everyone wants one last visit before it closes. So Sunway get to reap the benefits of 2 full months of a totally busy park and then sell it for a nice profit. It's all good for Sunway. The way I see it is that people should really be boycotting Wonderland... not giving them a nice cash bonus before they close. I guess everyone wants to go for one (or more) last trips to say goodbye. No new attraction could bring in the sort of numbers the theme and wildlife park is getting now that it is closing

Shifty, Shifty, Shifty. You obviously don't work at Wonderland or if you do you would not have access to that type of information. I say this for two reasons 1. Your posts are badly spelled and lack grammar 2. If you had access to that information (which only managers would know) you would not have bad spelling and grammar. As I said, that information would be for the managers only so don't say it was given at a staff meeting, because the general staff would not be told that. If you can confirm this information I will apologise so give us a press release, minutes from the meeting, anything, but don't say it's confirmed when it's not. "The Bus is now leaving for Molly Yorks Nightcap, Tasmania"

Ok lets say for arguements sake that Shifty was right.... He said that it was "great news confirmed". How is it great news that our beloved Space Probe is going to the theme park, which the owners killed wonderland. Is it just me or does that make you even madder, i mean to see on the Sunway Lagoon website 'Drop By' or 'Drop Tower' opening soon, that would just be terrible. I would much prefer to see it demolished if no theme park in Australia wanted it. But hey, it could be funny, people have informed me that there are massive problems with the space probe. Sunway lagoon might have to spend a bit more than they bargained for. That will be a big effort from Sunway, spending money but i suppose it's "Maylasia's largest theme park" we are talking about here not "Australia's largest theme park"

i can seriously tell you that wonderland sis sell the space probe and the demon. this isnt something i just felt like posting. the demon was probably very cheap for dreamworld to buy. its not bad becasue when the big dipper went to dreamworld it was repainted refurbished and it wasnt shacky like it was at luna park. this is great news for dreamworld. its a great roller coaster maybe not to you but people in queensland would see it as a great ride. it just needs a new coat of paint, its not like the ride will be called demon and left black, of course not it would be rethemed. think about it, dreamworld getting a new ride for christmas and possibly a new roller coaster as well if its done in time.

If it's true about Demon off to Dreamworld, all I can say is I think they've bitten off more than they can chew. They obviously don't know what they've got themselves in for... Poor bastards. It's good to be back GoBoi. Lets just say that people were suffering because of me expressing my thoughts on certain issues on this forum. But now, what does it matter hey? The Spelling Nazi is back ;)

Fantastic!!!!!!! Time for some flaming, Totalthrills style!!! No no, just kidding, but would honestly think that DreamWorld WOULD NOT be able to put a rollercoaster and a large thrill ride in by christmas....think about it..... To be calling up an internationally acclaimed park and go "hey listen mate, we're kind of in the crap zone, so errrr.... can u take care of our rollercoaster now mate!!!!!" I mean let's think for a second..... DreamWorld has to spend money on the following things: 1)POSSIBLY the taking apart of the Demon 2)shipping of the demon 3)architects to design new housing for the Demon within a short space of time 4)structual engineers etc. for the building and whatnot of the Demon 5)surveying of possible spots for the Demon 6)Surveys for themeing and naming 7)Advertising 8)Updating of current advertising 9)Council permits AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!! Think about it, maybe in a year or two, but in a matter of 7 months for the PLANNING OF THE WHOLE THING IS ABSURD! Not even a park like DisneyLand or SFMM could pull something like this off (this excludes flashback by the way :) ) But see that's my 2 cents so feel free to respond shifty.

Don't expect to see the Demon at DW anytime soon. Dreamworld bought Cyclone due to two reasons, price and age of the product. The ride first opened in 1995 ( if memory serves, but if I am wrong I am sure that Richo will help me out ) and it only opperated for a few years so was in great nick. The second thing was the price, as $5 million for a coaster is great in anyones terms. As for the Demon, I first rode it back in 1988 at the World Expo Fun Park in Brisbane, where it stayed open for a year and a bit before being sold to Wonderland. The ride is now 16years old and has not had a great life as far as care goes. But then again if the price is right, you never know. Although I have heard more RUMORS that Aussie World are still interested in the ride for the Sunshine Coast area. Only Time Will Tell.

Actually what I wouldn't mind seeing is that the Demon be shipped up to DreamWorld with the brand new trains Vekoma have designed to update models around the MK1200 i think it was?!? I remember seeing it in that website that stated an Intamin Gyro Swing was coming to DreamWorld...... They also looked incredibly comfortable and stylish might I add.

Uhh, Slick, Big Dipper was put onto the market in early 2001. It wasn't more than a few months later that Dreamworld had purchased it and it was being dismantled and moved up. From about May through until December they had to do everything you mentioned, as well as some far more creative things like re-engineer and extend some supports. I'm puzzled by a few points though. Architects to design a new housing? We're talking about a roof over the station. Cyclone's queue and station house would presumably have had absolutely no imput from an architect - it would have all been done by a civil engineer. There's absolutely nothing stopping Dreamworld from doing this, especially not time or money constraints, and they proved that with Cyclone. I'm not saying they will get the ride (I doubt it), just that the reasons they won't get it aren't because of money or time, it's a number of things, including: Wonderland probably haven't even begun to think about putting rides on the market. Demon would be far more recognisable than Big Dipper, and not have the sort of returns it did. Dreamworld have another ride planned for this year. It is too difficult to market two major attractions, and the results are never as good as if it had been done over several years.

it would be good to see the demon rethemed where the thunderbolt it now in ocean parade and rename it hurricane and then you could actually have a proper queue line rather than the little boardwalk that wonderland has to offer, and it would be great. the demon is a great ride, doesnt take up much space and it contains 3 inversions which actually goes upside down 6 times 3 of which go backwards, 2 reasonable sized drops one which is backwards and the suspense the ride gives whilst going slowly up the hill of the first drop. its exciting, ive never experienced a rough ride on the demon, if you want a tip always keep your head to one side, but its never been rough and dont give me this mumbo jumbo that it is rough becasue it isnt. it really just needs a good paint job thats all. the demon could look good as new. well theres my view.

Maybe DW could do something unique to the ride , such as putting it in a big shed and make it an indoor "in the dark" ride, It would make the ride less recognisable and DW could just rhapsodise about "Australias first pitch black coaster that goes back and fowards".It could have ample theming options, for example the obvious theme of a black hole. If they wanted to reduce the sheds height they could dig a big pit to hold the station and the bit between the loop and second hill. But i doubt if my idea would work, I have only seen Demon in the flesh once so i cant really remember the dimensions.It would probably need a very big shed. Of course, this is only if DW actually buys it.

Good to see it you too know it would be disastrous if Dreamworld bought the Demon GoBoi. I'm glad someone else knows the ride and how it's been looked after. I have always enjoyed a ride or two on it though I must say. Would be a good buy if it had been looked after and hadn't already shat itself.

but people in queensland would see it as a great ride
what planet are you from. boomerang are crap in 1990 they were cool not now, A supended boomerang (invertigo) or a De Javu now thats a different story. Also im Glad Warner village parks has no intrests shows they only care about new attractions not second hand ones thank god.

yeah we are not in america here we are living in australia, people who go to dreamworld ect would not even now other rides around the world like a vertical roller coaster exists. we only know because we are into the idea of theme parks, rides, and roller coasters. what i meant is that it would be a great ride in dreamworld because its a great australian roller coaster, its the one of the few we have to offer. i know we COULD build vertical or stand up, but it will never happen, we dont even have the populations to suport these theme parks. americas population is what 10 times our population. so yeah they have stax of theme parks, because people will go. dreamworld and other theme parks in Oz only receive an average of 1 000 000 each park each year, in america its probably like 3 or 4 000 000 a year. i rest my case............for now

Sadly, I'll have to agree with Nightshifter. Even though its a boomerang, its Australia's only boomerang, and most of the population isn't aware that there's 40 or 50 of them out in the world. Heck people still to this day tell me that there's "A roller coaster in Sydney that goes forwards AND backwards!". Doesn't mean I want Demon at Dreamworld, but most of the population would like it. Demon at Aussie World? Now there's a good idea.

Unfortunately it's true... I would imagine the majority of Wonderland's guests are blissfully unaware that Demon is a crappy old coaster. Most Aussies would still be quite impressed with it (boy are we ever behind the times!). Therefore, Dreamworld could probably get away with it. However, the fact that they have already bought a second hand coaster from another park in Oz which was highly publicised may be an issue for them. If they add ANOTHER one to their collection they might start getting a bit of a dodgy reputation. I'm sure DW would be aware of this. Don't do it Dreamworld... say NO to Demon! My guess is that it's heading off to Kuala Lumpar as the 'brand spanking new' attraction at Sunway Lagoon. They don't seem to know any better over there either

[if you want to know the truth people dont care where the ride is from , they only care about how good the ride is, the demon was from the expo, it didnt bother people that wonderland bought it from there, i dont even think people know we got it from the 88 expo. a lot of people didnt even know that the cyclone was in fact the big dipper etc. the point is that people just want to enjoy themsleves on a good ride, and the demon is a great ride probably the only ride that gives you suspense in Oz only because you notice you are on a steep angle on the lift hill and that its really high and its the drop that you will go down on. do you think dreamworld would get better publicity if the demon was in the park, the more rides the better, and in the end dreamworld would have 5 roller coasters to their list if im not mistaken. maintenance isnt a problem, people in this forum dont realise that the track doesnt mean anything its only the pulley system that might seem to have problems, but ive never seen any, and come on ive never even heard of a rolle coaster thats never broken down. The top thrill dragster broke down a few months after opening. so in the end dreamworld would be better off with the demon and it would attract a lot of customers. has anybody been down to wonderland in the past week or two?

"My guess is that it's heading off to Kuala Lumpar as the 'brand spanking new' attraction at Sunway Lagoon. They don't seem to know any better over there either" Ok people, time for me to chime in with my first real post! I've had the experience (yes, let's call it an experience) of visiting the Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia. We stayed at the Sunway resort and visited the park. We're talking about a park here that transcends crap - like SW makes Wonderland look like Disneyland. In fact, I'm pretty sure a B&M coaster would be 'Bamboo and Monkey" over there. First, the park is incredibly small - yes it has a huge wavepool and slides area, but the thing is built into the side of a cliff face and it's already bulging at the seams. There's no room to expand - we're not talking about western Sydney with a few thousand acres to play with here, we're talking about central Kuala Lumpur where even the mosquitos fight for space. Secondly, nobody actually goes on anything! When I was there, I was the only one on their one pitiful roller coaster, despite the park being relatively full. They all seemed to come to ride the teacups or look at the tigers. Let me tell you, one of the funniest sights I have ever seen is a good thousand muslim people all dressed up to the nines, standing looking at the wave pool! Fourthly, (or for those who are counting, thirdly,) the park seems to exist mainly for the benefit of the hotel next door - the Sunway Lagoon Resort complex - which is a predominantly business orientated hotel. The Sunway complex is a fair communte out of KL city and was never busy when we were there. Think of the park as more of a sideshow or part of a mega-resort - it's really not in the same league as even any Australian park. Therefore, I really don't think they'd be likely to relocate an attraction like Space Probe to the place. There literally isn't enough space in the park, despite the small footprint of the ride. Everything in the park is old, small and geared towards the kiddies, with the exception of the bridge that takes resort guests into the park - the way that thing wobbles scared the hell out of me! Anyway, just thought I'd share you my Sunway experiences. As I said, their Malaysian effort makes Wonderland seem like, well, a wonderland. richard

has anybody been down to wonderland in the past week or two?
I have a couple of times after the announcement of the park's closure. Due to low staff, ride rotations are the norm for each and every day. However, the rides that are being rotated will be only closed for a few hours - thus leaving the rides that were open in the morning closed in the afternoon. I've got no problem with this, it's actually quite a sensible way for Wonderland to handle staff shortages (thank god we're staying the whole day at the meet, wouldn't want people to leave Wonderland for the last time without getting probed :)) Liam

[maintenance isnt a problem, people in this forum dont realise that the track doesnt mean anything its only the pulley system that might seem to have problems
You really have no idea what you're talking about do you Shifty McShifter? You've observed this from your how many days have you been there? I heard about you. Working for the IRA. Told to blow up that London bus and burnt your lips on the exhaust. Give up while you're behind pal.