On Ride Footage - Post your most awesome ride experiences!

Guest MrNotahero

Now that GoPro's are available what does everyone think that maybe the parks might relax those standards? On one hand, they've used them themselves so they know they're secure. On the other hand, are there any competitors out to GoPro that they wouldn't have tested and to err on the side of caution they wouldn't allow. Overall I can't see it happening, but it would be nice.

Now that GoPro's are available what does everyone think that maybe the parks might relax those standards? On one hand, they've used them themselves so they know they're secure. On the other hand, are there any competitors out to GoPro that they wouldn't have tested and to err on the side of caution they wouldn't allow. Overall I can't see it happening, but it would be nice.

The parks are not aloud to have anyone using go pros during normal operating hours. For Arkham and green lanterns media calls we had to be finished by 9

Guest MrNotahero

Well they were pretty lax at the easter show.. I wonder if Movieworld would also let me ride with a gopro on my skydiving helmet.. XXXL Onride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sasa0o7WfsM

I do not see parks allowing any public filming of rides in the future regardless of GoPro's. The parks ideally will only want their own approved footage of their rides hence why everybody was provided with a pre approved Arkham POV and we could use our own GoPro to film our "presenter". At the GL Media Launch we could use our own cameras duct taped ect. .

Guest MrNotahero

Man I wish Australian theme parks had money.. Meanwhile I swear the guys in the control booth were timing my zipper carriage rotation to get the most spins ever.. I hardly even rocked it.. Possibly a nicely strapped go pro to the chest could be cool, I remember nearly having my camera confiscated when I took it out on the tower of terror when I was younger.. it was one of those happy snappers that didn't adjust the exposure when recording video.. (space ship take off into a blizzard..haha) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsq2sjol6k

Not really on ride footage, but... For almost 7 years we have made MW ANZAC Day an Annual event with friends and were filming quite a few of our trips there for fun. With the parkz now closing ANZAC Day it is one tradition that has now died. Below are videos from our first two years attending the park. As I locate the others I will post them here. I will apologise for the spelling errors in them as a friend of mine "edidted" them.

Edited by Wyncenuros