Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Work Commences on a LatiTube 'custom' monster for Australia's new $120m Wet'n'Wild waterpark in Sydney. Details on exactly how big this wave system is are still a secret but the countdown has begun.

Want to know more about the Worlds safest wave machine? go to www.latitube.com

Also join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Latitube

Follow us on Twitter @LatitubeTM

Hey guys, I've been a long time reader of this site for several years now and thought it was finally time to sign up and start posting! I wanted to get some opinions on if Wet N Wild Sydney does really good in the first few years, would it be possible that a theme park may also open up down here? Just something I've been wondering about.. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Hey guys, I've been a long time reader of this site for several years now and thought it was finally time to sign up and start posting! I wanted to get some opinions on if Wet N Wild Sydney does really good in the first few years, would it be possible that a theme park may also open up down here? Just something I've been wondering about.. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Melbourne? Yes of cause, as I'm sure you're aware Village Roadshow made a real serious attempt in 2008 and the government stuffed it up. Also VR were asking for a $100 million AND Weribbee Zoo on top of it. They asked for too much. Village will probably come up with another proposal in a few years time. Wouldn't be a water park though, as we have a few good smaller ones already(Adventure Park, Funfields, etc). Avalon Airport being closeby, the park being on one of Australia's busiest roads, and Geelong being a short drive away were the major reason they really pushed for that location. That airport is going International soon. Can't write off other Theme Park organizations from making proposals either. I know of at least 1 that is rumoured to be interested, won't say though. Edited by colliric_855

^No, I think what he meant is that if Wet n Wild Sydney does well, then a theme park in Sydney could become viable again too, perhaps as a sister park. Melbourne was never mentioned at all.

Yes I see that now. I was a little confused by his "perhaps a theme park Down here" comment and not being able to see his location. After all it is a Themepark, a Water Themepark. Hence I thought "Down here" must have ment further south of Sydney! Lol! You get it now? Besides if it does do well, they MAY indeed think about a Melbourne park again! After all we've got over 4 million people as well, and only a few fun parks + a Luna Park to fill that attractions requirement. Perth is better off than we are in terms of Theme Parks. Edited by colliric_855

I don't know why they didn't just go with the slide colours in that video. Dark blue, purple, green and lighter blue works much better for the master blasters than 2 SLIGHTLY different shades of red side by side

"The west's wildest wet ride - Skycoaster coming to Wet'nWild theme park"

The SkyCoaster is a wet ride? Surely not! :D

I don't know why they didn't just go with the slide colours in that video. Dark blue, purple, green and lighter blue works much better for the master blasters than 2 SLIGHTLY different shades of red side by side

The colours have changed around in the past.

does anyone have any idea what they're doing?

Edited by AllegroCrab

"i'll take one of everything"

Excactly. I think it's a case of this park having so many slides, it inevitably ends up almost doubling up on some stuff. A problem I'm happy for it to have. And I think there's enough of a difference between both the Tantrum and the Rattler for them both to be worthwhile. Certainly from a guest perspective they look different. I'm really looking forward to riding them!

Edited by GoGoBoy