Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

^I kinda reckon the bowling alley plays out like a glorified helix though..You don't seem to go on the wall very much :(

Still "new slide type" for me to tick off the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48dK6rwiQM

That's a good point. My only experience is with the Behemoth Bowl & Little Rippers at WhiteWater World. They all have steep drops into the bowl (from what I remember) so you fly into it and straight up the wall. Often you'd get to go around twice. I guess the trouble with the alleys is they just don't have that same angle of attack

A couple of screens from Julys' latest youtube updates:

Qq8Mknl.png

Some pieces enclosing the funnel in the bottom left. They don't look to be translucent.

Sox3gUg.png

And the lead up to the funnel is done, no translucency there.

Personally I'd rather they didn't add lights. I'd prefer they keep it as dark as possible, letting in small amounts of light like the dark mammoth at Jamberoo.

EDIT: Pics went down, reupped.

Edited by Keegs

Here we go boys and girls! :) Was doing some fishing around today and with no fanfare they have opened up some ticketing!

http://www.wetnwildsydney.com.au/#purchasetickets

T&C's - http://www.wetnwildsydney.com.au/terms-and-conditions.html

The T&C's indicate a target opening date of December 14th.

So as a summary, it appears there will be two season pass options a normal and a gold, with gold giving free parking and early entry. No detail on what those mean yet, since I expect that it is news that parking was not going to be "free" anyway! The season passes appear to be valid for December through to late April (Dates listed in T&C's have an error.. so who knows if this is an early version that has not been fully verified).

No indication if the Gold passes are limited. I'm very keen.. but need more details before committing.. especially if its only a 4 month pass at that price.

I've sent them an email to seek some clarification on a few points.

Edited by Daniel Shorten

$125 is still a very fair price for 4 months, even if you only visit twice. Interesting that parking won't be free though. Perhaps a sign of things to come for the Gold Coast parks.

That is true, I guess I am doing price comparison against the VIP pass for the gold coast parks - which is good value for money.

On the parking it appears they are following the route of what they have done in the US - both Las Vegas and Arizona charge $5 for parking.

I assume the seasons will run from the beginning of the September school holidays through to the end of the April one?

On the tickets, I did find it odd they'd charge full price for passes for a 4 month season, but some of the posts above justify that. And if anyone is like me, they'll probably visit the park enough times in the first 4 months to make that $125 seem perfectly fair.

I agree with Keegs in that a full season would probably run from September through to April.

One thing I noticed on the ticketing page was this:

Nickelodeon and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. SpongeBob SquarePants created by Stephen Hillenburg.

Nickelodeon/SpongeBob themed children's area?

That's interesting because News Corp papers have been continually saying that a yearly pass will cost $80. They better be careful - they don't want to upset price sensitive News Corp readers. Once the idea of 'bad value' sticks, it is hard to shake (mind you, I think $80 is incredibly cheap)

Edited by GoGoBoy

on the note that we'd see paid parking at the GC parks... I think it'd be kinda hard to introduce it now... but if they're going to do it anywhere - it needs to be WnW.

Sounds like the usual "quick buck to get quicker into the black" thing you see on most similar large scale construction projects these days. But it'll stay beyond that period too no doubt. Because of the negative reaction it'll have, I doubt it will come in for the GC parks, unless there's some really major work done(esp on or in the Carparks) and they need to "push to cover the costs". Perhaps if the WBMW retail development ever gets approved, etc. Edited by colliric_855

Is it just me, or does the first drop on this Aqualoop look much smaller than the one at Wet n Wild GC?

Just looked on the WnWGC site, and it says theirs is 17m tall. And to me, just by looking at pictures (since I haven't been to WnW since before it existed), this sydney version does look smaller, both in height and the loop (could be perspective of the photo, or I'm crazy).

I think they would be the same, the difference is the angle of the photo of the Sydney one has an embankment in the way, making it look like the bottom of the loop is at ground level.

Meanwhile, the Gold Coast one is still a fair distance above ground level at the bottom of the loop: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coast/Wet_n_Wild_Water_World/1251-AquaLoop/6,3,4631-Aqualoop_Nearly_Done.html

Julys has another construction video up... From 4:45 ish you can see the Bowling Alley, Tornado Wave and Dark Tornado:

Edited by Gazza