Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Well apart from their anticipated relationship with SLSA who I believe were originally planning to provide the lifeguards for the park, the only major 'red and yellow' I see here is on the constrictor - and aren't all the constrictors red and yellow?

The constrictor, the tornado alley (ok, maybe more red and orange), and now the bowling alley. The bowling alley colour scheme is identical to the constrictor - hard to tell them apart. Why couldn't they have made it orange and purple as it was in the video? Again, I just have major issues with the colour scheme chosen for the slides in this park. In fact, I find it hard to believe there has been any colour strategy at all. More like the roll of a dice...

Edited by GoGoBoy

Colour choices for the most part have been pretty confusing. It looks like they just chose any random colours for the racer. Makes no sense.

That's the only one I have a problem with though. Some other slides (Tornado, Master Blasters, Rattler) have some weird combinations but I don't mind them that much.

I do find it weird they used the exact same colours on the Constrictor and Bowling Alley. I decided to edit the Bowling Alley to match the colours in the video (just to see what it looked like).

29X6yx4.jpg

Colour choices for the most part have been pretty confusing. It looks like they just chose any random colours for the racer. Makes no sense.

That's the only one I have a problem with though. Some other slides (Tornado, Master Blasters, Rattler) have some weird combinations but I don't mind them that much.

I do find it weird they used the exact same colours on the Constrictor and Bowling Alley. I decided to edit the Bowling Alley to match the colours in the video (just to see what it looked like).

29X6yx4.jpg

^ So much better! That's exactly what I mean. Way better than what they went with.

New article: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/west/beach-begins-to-take-shape-at-western-sydney8217s-wet8217n8217wild/story-fngr8i5s-1226699827502

And I got some pics today of the bowling alley & raft slide. They're adding a third one on the left. aren't they?

bWcpwyO.jpg

a0EmmP1.jpg

Wait a minute. I noticed towards the car park side of the park there was a bunch of light and dark blue family raft tubes being connected. But isn't the Tornado Wave already finished? Maybe the third raft slide on the bowling alley tower is going to be the same colours as the Tornado Wave. I hope not.

Maybe the third raft slide on the bowling alley tower is going to be the same colours as the Tornado Wave. I hope not.

Does the colour of the slides really mean that much anyway? I agree, the colour scheme overall has been up and down and some choices haven't been the best, but it doesn't look that bad to me. Definitely unique and stands out, I guess.

I've just figured out a way the bizarre colour scheme could be justified, using an Aussie beach theme: The blue of the tornado wave could be themed around an actual ocean wave; the red and orange of the tornado alley could be a sunset setting over the beach; and the tornado itself could be themed to a beach umbrella... cause thats kinda what it looks like with that colour pattern. Oh, and the bowling alley could be themed to represent the surf life-saving caps. I know, I'm getting desperate.

I've just figured out a way the bizarre colour scheme could be justified, using an Aussie beach theme: The blue of the tornado wave could be themed around an actual ocean wave; the red and orange of the tornado alley could be a sunset setting over the beach; and the tornado itself could be themed to a beach umbrella... cause thats kinda what it looks like with that colour pattern. Oh, and the bowling alley could be themed to represent the surf life-saving caps. I know, I'm getting desperate.

Lol.... just let your imagination run free cause it sounds awsome, i kinda also like jjuttp thoughts where the colours change depending on the sun, cool...

It doesn't matter really, I'm just wondering why they would reuse colour schemes of slides when there's plenty of other combinations they could have used.

It appears the raft slide near the bowling alley is the reverse colours of the Tornado wave...In other words 2/3 dark blue, 1/3 light blue.

The latest nearmap images....

Whole park:

post-88-0-10620600-1376968300_thumb.jpg

Kids area pieces, including what appears to be a ring for a kids tantrum.

post-88-0-91586600-1376968283_thumb.jpg

Bits for the two family raft slides and bowling alley.

post-88-0-16313400-1376968290_thumb.jpg

Whitewater West complex:

post-88-0-49401000-1376968272_thumb.jpg

Tornado, Tantrum, Tornado Wave:

post-88-0-96451000-1376968240_thumb.jpg

Racing Slide/Aqualoops

post-88-0-13571400-1376968248_thumb.jpg

Bowling Alley

post-88-0-92775400-1376968258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

The only proper full slides that make science are the aqua loop

Sorry, can you speak English please?

oes the racing slide/aqua loop look slightly off(not straight) just before you get to the bottom or is it the way it's suppose to look or is the camera on an angle to give that not so straight look???

Yes, because the photo is not directly overhead, so it looks off due to the slide sloping downwards.

This pic explains what is happening:

post-88-0-24836400-1376972948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza