Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Do they check you'r weight before you go on the ride?

The aqua loop I understand has a weight limit. But as I have not been yet, I don't know if they have scales to check. The other one you posted on there was an answer saying that the WnWGC had scales there to check. So I don't see why WnWS would be much different. If your worried check online at WetnWild Sydney's website or even call up or send an email to them asking about weight limits. If you know your weight there shouldn't be a problem. Even asking a ride operator before you climb the stairs. They should help. BTW. All the other slides shouldn't be a problem for you to ride either. Edited by zacsta_1997

Do they check you'r weight before you go on the ride?

Hello swagjord, hope you enjoy wet'n'wild sydney on your visit in the holidays and please make the most of it, to answer your question, NO they do not check your weight, i had taken photo's of the weight restrictions in particular areas of the park for the rides so hopefully this information helps you and by the way while i was there Wednesday Thursday and Friday there were quite a few bigger customers there enjoying themselves both female and male so don't ever worry about the weight issue until you get there and find out yourself buddy...

THE BREAKERS, HALF PIPE, TROPICAL CYCLONE, TYPHOON, AQUA TUBE: Max 2 people - 110cm+ - Min weight 45kg - Max 180kg all slides.

DOUBLE BOWLSeye, RIPTIDE, THE CURLER: Max 5 people - 120cm+(riptide) - 110cm+(double bowlseye, the curler) - Max 365kg all slides.

I didn't get a photo of the restrictions for the BOMBORA, TANTRUM, T5, etc but they are sign posted along the side before you walk up those stairs so no one will ever question you about your weight, you are who you are and you are unique, Go and enjoy yourself play and laugh as much as you want......

Edited by Julys Aquila

Hello swagjord, hope you enjoy wet'n'wild sydney on your visit in the holidays and please make the most of it, to answer your question, NO they do not check your weight, i had taken photo's of the weight restrictions in particular areas of the park for the rides so hopefully this information helps you and by the way while i was there Wednesday Thursday and Friday there were quite a few bigger customers there enjoying themselves both female and male so don't ever worry about the weight issue until you get there and find out yourself buddy...

THE BREAKERS, HALF PIPE, TROPICAL CYCLONE, TYPHOON, AQUA TUBE: Max 2 people - 110cm+ - Min weight 45kg - Max 180kg all slides.

DOUBLE BOWLSeye, RIPTIDE, THE CURLER: Max 5 people - 120cm+(riptide) - 110cm+(double bowlseye, the curler) - Max 365kg all slides.

I didn't get a photo of the restrictions for the BOMBORA, TANTRUM, T5, etc but they are sign posted along the side before you walk up those stairs so no one will ever question you about your weight, you are who you are and you are unique, Go and enjoy yourself play and laugh as much as you want......

Thank you very much for this information! I really hope they don't check my weight I feel embarrassed when all my mates are there. Did you see an weight scales when you were lining up or seen anyone step on one?

i'm almost certain the Aqualoops will have scales. Most others it's just a matter of 'too much weight will pop the raft' but Aqualoop - it's very important for everyone's sake that you are within limits.

If it's like the GC, the scales face away so noone will see your weight, but if you're over the limit those near the front will know.

has anyone been to sydney wet'n'wild and seen big people going on rides? i'm just very concern since i am a prety big bloke aswell and they will not let me in the rides?

You don't need to keep posting the same thing in 2 different threads, if someone has the information they will give it to you.

You said in an earlier post that you are 175cm tall and 120kg, which really isn't that big. I can assure you there will be plenty of people that have been already that are that big and bigger that wouldn't have had a problem. I would suggest you go to the park but read the signs carefully before lining up for any of the slides so you know exactly what restrictions there are, if you are in doubt ask a staff member for advice (Customer Service rep or a Life Guard would be best) and if you are still unsure just avoid those slides.

"The Bus is now leaving for Bigantic Creek, NSW"

Swagjord, by all means keep asking questions but I would dare say the best place to get an answer to that question is to call the park directly (phone number is on their website or found by a simple Google search) and ask them. "The Bus is now leaving for Question Mark, South Australia"

360 Rush does have scales at the bottom in the line for the yellow/blue jackets used to reduce friction.| An attendant does indeed check your weight. So if you're over 135kg they won't let you on. H2GO Racers doesn't have a scale but does have the same weight limit, technically the entrance is the same... Having a look on FB some people haven't successfully completed 360 rush and loose momentum through the 360 bend and have to be removed from the bottom door. Ride restrictions are here: http://wetnwildsydney.com.au/plan-my-day.aspx#!ride-restrictions ------------ So been here 3 times (inclusive of one preview session). It's good but it looks like they are understaffed as boomerang bay was closed due to lack of life guards on Monday. I enjoyed T5 the most, and the two slides next to it, boomerang bay is great for a chill when lines are long, breakers are meh. Still have a few rides that I haven't had the chance of going on. The entire length of Boomerang Bay needs to be opened, there was a grate that had been dislodged last monday, but was still operational but that side has been sectioned off and the speed/aggressiveness of the water needs to be dialled up I'll comment on the food now available there now, all experiences are at the surf club/deck... (Prices are inclusive of 10% gold pass discount) Peri Peri chicken combo $14.40: Chips are lacking salt but otherwise decent. Burger is ok but a bit bland, though I'm not a fan of Peri Peri/Nandos so maybe some bias there. Chicken Fingers combo $9: Chicken is dry. Chicken Supreme pizza - $9: Worst choice ever, about the size of a personal size pizza hut pizza, very very bland, not even cut into slices... definitely do not recommend.

The store next to the surf deck has fruit cups, ice cream (magnums $5), soft drinks (coke 600ml? $4.50), muffins, "gourmet" pies and pizza. I haven't checked out the other food stalls. I look forward to visiting again, can't wait till all the bugs have been worked out. ---------- Does anyone have any recommendations on securing keys without paying for a locker? Do you guys use a surfers lock (http://www.surfstitch.com/product/far-king-key-safe) or a water proof case or something while on rides? Cheers

So been here 3 times (inclusive of one preview session). It's good but it looks like they are understaffed as boomerang bay was closed due to lack of life guards on Monday. The entire length of Boomerang Bay needs to be opened, there was a grate that had been dislodged last monday, but was still operational but that side has been sectioned off and the speed/aggressiveness of the water needs to be dialled up

The problem is Boomerang Bay has a requirement for way too many lifeguards. There's like 20 of them when it's up and running. Total overkill for a lazy river. And speaking of Boomerang Bay - has anyone seen the 'Action River' section? Does it actually exist? Does it do anything?

The problem is Boomerang Bay has a requirement for way too many lifeguards. There's like 20 of them when it's up and running. Total overkill for a lazy river. And speaking of Boomerang Bay - has anyone seen the 'Action River' section? Does it actually exist? Does it do anything?

Yeah there are quite a few of them on that ride, I've seen large groups of life guards being trained though so hopefully they have enough for the park to be fully operational. Is the action river the RHS of the loop, because that was open on the Monday preview session, can't say that it was any more aggressive or anything, as far as I can remember at least.

Here's a link of a workers description of what's going on from reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/sydney/comments/1sovi7/what_did_you_think_of_wet_n_wild/cdzxt0x

Edited by wewildtwest

Hi Guys,

Went back on Tuesday 17th for the first full day as I knew there would be a couple of school excursions but I thought what schools would have a school excursion in the first full week of a new park opening?? Firstly I will start on the bad things:

Arrived at midday and place was pretty full. I counted 15 coaches (school buses) + there could have been others that had been dropped off. Attempted to put money on band but in first store all there systems were retsrating, moved to the next shop and again all four systems down and some pretty frazzled young staff being overrun. Managed to put some money on the band but no receipt issued so was concerned if money was actually there (It was I asked for balance after every subsequent purchase).

Next proceeded to the lockers, they worked the first time but then couldnt relock it, so had to use the master key, and as there was only one master key available in the park, we had to wait extended periods everytime I wanted to re-enter or lock it.

The amount of line cutters was bordering on ridiculous, myself and my partner made sure to turn them around, get in there way etc etc but nobody else seemed to care or was to afraid of confronting these kids. Poor staff are too young or scared to do anything and after 5 hours of this I was getting so annoyed/angry of attempting to stop all these people that I gave up as it was bringing my enjoyment down. They need to put more chains in especially on the family slide tower of 3 and the T5 tower. I shudder to think what it will be like with fast pass as this appears to start at the stairs of the tower, but the queuing area is pretty long before this, so whats to stop people cutting in then??

Average wait time was 40 minutes per ride except for the T5 tower which was much longer. I joined the queue at 5.30pm and 1hr and 40 minutes later finally got on Bombora. Between Tuesday and preview day the only ride I havent managed to get on is T5 as I didnt want to hit that line again! Luckily on preview day I got a bit done. Also the Boomerang bay was cut in half, I so wish they had have created a true rapids like Atlantis Bahamas or Schlitterbahn, could even have it link to over slides :( Boomerang bay is just too short.

Please dont let my story put anyone off, a lot of my issues are teething problems that will get better after the first season. I probably wont go again till school goes back in February as school holidays will be insanely busy. Hopefully in Feb there wont be much school excursions either. I am so so happy that after all this time we have a world class waterpark in this city. I just hope management are out there taking feedback and constantly making changes to make it more awesome.

Edited by danaant

My thoughts about this park are quite similar to those written above. The systematic problems this park is having is ridiculous, i too feel as though the park is severly understaffed as there are only 5 people at the front gate selling passes for lines of up to 100+ people, and these purchases take quite some time. I havn't had a chance to buy any food at the park, i've always brought my own however the main food area is always full and there doesnt seem to be enough seating around it. The shady grass areas are a nice touch, although always full. The signage in this park is absolutely appalling and I think life guards have given up and just told people where to go themselves for each ride. I dont understand how the fast pass works as I constantly see people pushing past everyone, with people just assuming they have a right to, however I dont believe that is the case. The lifeguards are quite friendly however and always greet you with a smile once you have finished a ride which is a nice touch.

I still have yet to had a chance to go on every ride but out of the rides I have been on my favourites are 360rush and the Bambora (which has 1hr+ queues all day). The H2go Racers are quite an enjoyable experience as the line never takes that long and you always gain a lot of speed coming down the last drop. The double bowls-eye was disappointing to say the least as you barely got any speed coming down into the bowls however the green family raft slide was insanely fun. The breakers are a bit of a joke and only last about 20 seconds. The Half pipe is a lot of fun as well as the tropical cyclone.

One thing that really annoys me about the rides is how rushed the concepts were compared to the original plan. Remember the two wave pools? The wave pool here is really small once you get in it and always full to brim. Boomerang Bay is a complete fail and to make things worse there isnt any rapid section at all. I hope over the 2014 winter they install some new rides that were in the original concept (maybe a proper watercoaster and a river rapid area). The problems with the systems im sure will improve over time.

Im sorry this post is so negative, I honestly do really enjoy the park and plan on returning a few more times these holidays, I just think there a lot of small things that are quite disappointing.

My thoughts about this park are quite similar to those written above. The systematic problems this park is having is ridiculous, i too feel as though the park is severly understaffed as there are only 5 people at the front gate selling passes for lines of up to 100+ people, and these purchases take quite some time. I havn't had a chance to buy any food at the park, i've always brought my own however the main food area is always full and there doesnt seem to be enough seating around it. The shady grass areas are a nice touch, although always full. The signage in this park is absolutely appalling and I think life guards have given up and just told people where to go themselves for each ride. I dont understand how the fast pass works as I constantly see people pushing past everyone, with people just assuming they have a right to, however I dont believe that is the case. The lifeguards are quite friendly however and always greet you with a smile once you have finished a ride which is a nice touch.

I still have yet to had a chance to go on every ride but out of the rides I have been on my favourites are 360rush and the Bambora (which has 1hr+ queues all day). The H2go Racers are quite an enjoyable experience as the line never takes that long and you always gain a lot of speed coming down the last drop. The double bowls-eye was disappointing to say the least as you barely got any speed coming down into the bowls however the green family raft slide was insanely fun. The breakers are a bit of a joke and only last about 20 seconds. The Half pipe is a lot of fun as well as the tropical cyclone.

One thing that really annoys me about the rides is how rushed the concepts were compared to the original plan. Remember the two wave pools? The wave pool here is really small once you get in it and always full to brim. Boomerang Bay is a complete fail and to make things worse there isnt any rapid section at all. I hope over the 2014 winter they install some new rides that were in the original concept (maybe a proper watercoaster and a river rapid area). The problems with the systems im sure will improve over time.

Im sorry this post is so negative, I honestly do really enjoy the park and plan on returning a few more times these holidays, I just think there a lot of small things that are quite disappointing.

i agree with everything you said in this post

Hi,

I have actually gone to the park most nights at about 8:30pm and a couple of days Saturday and Sunday - getting there at night is great as we have no problems getting on anything. Still a bit of line for the t5.

There are some fantastic slides there such as the T5,BOMBORA,THE RIPPER AND THE HALF PIPE.

The problem with the park is the layout of the towers with one staircase in which then splits further up , it means that there are massive delays on the tornado tower and white water tower as people block access to the not as popular rides . I cannot believe that they could not have done this better. They should have had separate staircases and entry points at the bottom of the tower for each ride. For example when we went on Sunday we were going on the rippers when we got the top which took 20mins we found 2 board lifeguards and no one waiting . The only tower that works well is the mat racer/aqua loop, as they split this well at the start.

Another interesting thing to note is the ripper is actually so fast that when you hit the pool you make it to the end and hit the staircase and almost fly out of the raft. I noticed last night that there was a lifeguard positioned in the water and when raft hit the pool he would grab the raft and dive under in to slow it down !!! They also changed the seating positions in the raft so that now you are told to sit with knees up and feet flat on the floor. It is great fun but looks a little dangerous !!

Another problem is the lack of single person rides with only the mat races and aqualoop , they should have put in some speed slides . I understand it all about capacity but with staircase arrangement they are not getting maximum capacity anyway !!

The lazy river is a complete fail.

The wave pool is just a pool and the waves do not even break and cannot be body surfed.

They also really stuffed up the season passes by promising to send them out and then making people wait hours in a queue to get them.

So the park is a 3 out 5 at the moment , i am taking advantage of the late nights why i can, because with crowds in the day the park really is unusable and I would imagine a lot people who have gone in the day will not be back.

The gold coast layout is much better for crowds because of the separation of the rides.

Cheers

Fred

^Riptide I'm presuming?

A simple solution wouldn't necessarily need handrails or anything...At whitewater world they just paint the treads the colour of the slide, and have signage on the way up telling people to keep left or right.

Eg on the family raft slide tower have green treads for Riptide, blue for Curler and Red/Yellow alternating for Double Bowlseye.

http://www.villageroadshow.com.au/upload/Document/Sydney%20WnW%20Opening.pdf

They've sold 155,000 season passes....They'll smash the 800,000 visitor target for sure.

Edited by Gazza

I was there today. There is no denying it is a great park, however they have most certainly rushed it to get it open for this season, which is somewhat understandable from their perspective. Operationally it is a disaster at the moment… systems going down, quite clearly not enough staff and you seriously wonder how they are going to cope with the rush they are sure to get after Christmas. There were some extremely irate people there today and I would NOT want to be working at the front gate or in customer relations…

Also there is a very strange vibe and lack of atmosphere in the park which I suppose will improve once the plants grow and all signage etc. is properly finished.

I won't go back now until next season once they've had a chance to properly finish it off. If you don't have a season pass I would stay clear until after the school holidays!

http://www.villageroadshow.com.au/upload/Document/Sydney%20WnW%20Opening.pdf

They've sold 155,000 season passes....They'll smash the 800,000 visitor target for sure.

155k passes at ~$110 each (rough average of Gold & Silver price) equals $17m in annual pass revenue. Not bad for a park that only cost $120m. And that's before daily tickets, food, parking, fastpass sales, merch etc. They are raking it in!

Operational issues are disappointing, not much that can be done about staircase configuration right now but perhaps in the off-season they can do whatever construction is necessary to sort this out. Most park fans would know that the first season was always going to have issues, not sure if the general public will be very forgiving.

Edited by aaronm