Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

• 1 month later...

I found this today, try this site which may clear up some of your questions the article was printed in Feb 2012 http://www.ausleisure.com.au/default.asp?PageID=2&Display=True&ReleaseID=5271 original article below; WET'N'WILD SYDNEY SET FOR GO AHEAD 02-02-2012 WATERPARKS - ATTRACTIONS - TOURISM - AQUATICS - DEVELOPMENT - PLANNING With developers Village Roadshow expected to soon respond to the NSW Government on 'conditions' made on the Wet'n'Wild Sydney project, construction of the waterpark is expected to begin in a few months. The NSW Planning Department gave concept approval for the $98 million first stage of the $140 million project on 8th December last year with Village Roadshow expected to respond to the conditions in March. Village Roadshow's plans are for the waterpark to be built on a 25 hectare site in Prospect, close to Sydney's M4 and M7 motorways. Village predict the waterpark will attract up to 900,000 visits each year, create 300 jobs during construction and operation and inject $500 million into the western Sydney economy in the first 10 years. Village are aiming for the waterpark to open by September 2013. Blacktown Council initially was not satisfied with $5.2 million to upgrade roads around the site but late last year threw its support behind the project after Village agreed to an additional $2 million to reseal a local access road. A Tourism NSW spokesperson said the waterpark would be a big boost for tourism in western Sydney, stating "water is an essential part of the Sydney experience; our people live, breathe and celebrate the water in a variety of ways. A new themed water attraction like Wet'n'Wild (will) provide an opportunity for visitors to enhance that experience."

• 3 weeks later...

So it begins....

APPROVAL has been given for the construction of the proposed $80 million Wet 'n' Wild Park in Prospect which will give western Sydney a tourism boost. When completed the recreational park on a 25-hectare site at Reservoir Road is expected to attract 900,000 visitors a year and create 300 new jobs. Highlights include the latest water rides and attractions, support facilities, landscaping, water cycle management, a three-storey hotel and car parking. Last week project director Chris Warhurst said the applicant, Village Roadshow, was now preparing its construction schedule plan after getting the green light from NSW Department of Planning. He said all major concerns raised by the department, Blacktown Council and community groups had been dealt with by them. "We are now preparing our construction schedule and choosing the water attractions to be installed," he said. "Everything is moving according to schedule. I am very confident the park will open as scheduled in late 2013." Village Roadshow director Clark Kirby said his company would build "the best water park in the world". Sections of the business community and young residents have embraced the project but groups including Blacktown and District Historical Society, Mt Druitt Historical Society, Friends of St Bartholomew and the Blacktown and District Environment Group have concerns about the preservation of the policeman's cottage and the woodland between Reservoir Road and St Bartholomew's Church.

http://www.blacktownsun.com.au/news/local/news/general/work-about-to-start-on-80m-fun-park/2586801.aspx Edited by keadz

• 1 month later...

Village Roadshow released their results today and the Chief Executive, Graham Burke, had this to say about Wet 'n' Wild Sydney: "[it will be] the best water park in the world - and that's not just rhetoric. In that market, a city of that size without a theme park -- I think it’s going to explode". I totally agree with him. He also confirmed it would open in December 2013. Here is the article for anyone interested - http://www.theaustra...x-1226456578147

Edited by GoGoBoy

Well I drove past the site today and finally work has started. For those unfamiliar with the area the site will need a fair amount of leveling. It's all bush land and quite steep in places. The site has been mowed and plastic orange fencing attached to posts has been erected in various places. There also seemed a few trucks at the back of the site. The story has begun.

yeaa i was ova there 2 weeks ago, im a local my sef i took some pic of the construction site and they are building ova blacktown drive Inns if u all want to have a look its on my facebook site https://www.facebook.com/MaTTyBuLL35 i took a few pics and from what i saw is that they,re building tyhr pool for the Dive In movies .....