Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, First time poster long time lurker. Thought this would be a good first post. Was heading back from the blue mountain last weekend and decided to swing past the Wet 'n' Wild site. As jjuttp said there are quite a lot of earth works going on. To give you an idea here are a few snaps. Looking forward to xmas 2013. Concept Layout For Reference WetnWildSydneyConcept1.jpg Arial Photo With Photo Orientation Wet+%27n%27+Wild+Map_Small.jpg Photo 1: Looking West from Watch House Road Photo+1+Western+Aspect_Small.jpg Photo 2: Looking North East From Reservoir Road Photo+2+North+East+Aspect_Small.jpg Photo 3: Looking East From Reservoir Road Photo+3+Eastern+Aspect_Small.jpg

No problem RWC, Jjuttp I haven't seen a revised whole concept drawing yet so if you can post a link or drawing that would be great. As for the second photo it does exactly what it is intended to do, give the ordination and locations the photos were taken.. You can't really see it but directly in the foreground of photo two is a semi-circular channel, any thoughts on what it could be...I was thinking it was the start of a lazy river or a splash down area..you can also just make it out in the distance of photo 1. I have to say I am getting slightly excited after seeing the earthworks nit having a theme park in Sydney since the demise of wonderland. (Edit: Fixed typos. Phone post)

Edited by FluxZero

Yeah that's for sure.... I'am consulting engineer at a major multi national and I have a project at the moment where they are in full swing construction and we haven't even issued tender/construction issue documents yet. They are Building everything off prelim issue. (It is a smaller job though) However in this scale project generally the major details are finalised like where major structures are being placed. I would be very surprised if first issue construction documents didn't exist.

I'am consulting engineer at a major multi national and I have a project at the moment where they are in full swing construction and we haven't even issued tender/construction issue documents yet. They are Building everything off prelim issue. (It is a smaller job though)

I too have worked at major multidisciplinary firm and what you describe sounds familiar to me haha :P

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be the way now where the construction has started and you are still getting updated plans for somethings that were finished two week prior. I am not at the same side of the business as you guys, more onsite delivering instructions to the guys at the company...lol. Just finished a job last week in Brissy, even though the final plans came through today. Back to topic, this park should be good for a number of reasons reguardless of the final layout. It should ease the amount of people at the Gold Coast parks over the summer months (I can only hope) and will allow a new place to visit for the aussies as well. And if all goes well and the park makes a great hit, you never know if another park might be rumored in Sydney for the future.....we can only hope i guess.

And if all goes well and the park makes a great hit, you never know if another park might be rumored in Sydney for the future.....we can only hope i guess.

That is my outlook too. We can't be certain, but the best chances of another park will come from this park's success. One thing that confused me was from this drawing - https://majorproject...Drawings 11.pdf It refers to 3 stages, whereas in both the preliminary and finalised environmental assessment, it only refers to two stages. At first I was scared that the waterslides were coming afterwards, but it seems that the whole designed project will be constructed for the opening of the park. Environmental Assessment - https://majorproject... Assessment.pdf Edited by AllegroCrab

• 2 weeks later...

I took a drive past a couple of days ago (unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me) and the earthworks are coming along well. There is a nice deep footing that has been dug at the southern end of the park closest to the road. I'm not sure what it is for because I'm not sure which plan or drawing to look at to get the most up-to-date plan, but on the drawing that AllegroCrab posted it is roughly in the middle of what looks like a lazy river with the 2 small stage 2 sections in the middle of it. I hope that makes sense. Also does anyone have any idea what they are building to the southeast of the southern screen at the drive in up the road? It looks like it's about 2-3 stories, it's a bit hard to see what it is or is going to be as it still has the scaffolding on it. It looks kind of like a car park but that doesn't make any sense with where it is. "The Bus is now leaving for Drive Creek, Tasmania"