Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Just wondering if there is much room for future expansion though? I know initial plans for the park had a special area designated 'future expansion area'. However, I think this area has now been taken up by the Sky Coaster unfortunately. Even though it looks like there are a couple of blank areas, I understand there are planning restrictions related to heritage and trees etc.

Edited by GoGoBoy

You only need to take a look at how WnW branched out when it installed the tornado etc... they will find a way to integrate it.

Besides - as technology progresses, they'll find ways to remove some of the older, simpler rides and install new ones...

We've all seen a carpark coaster - what about a carpark waterslide? (wait - isn't the WnW Mammoth technically one of those?)

You only need to take a look at how WnW branched out when it installed the tornado etc... they will find a way to integrate it. Besides - as technology progresses, they'll find ways to remove some of the older, simpler rides and install new ones... We've all seen a carpark coaster - what about a carpark waterslide? (wait - isn't the WnW Mammoth technically one of those?)
I agree with you Alex to some extent. They can always replace older slides with new ones... although hopefully they will expand before their rides get 'old'. Something new every 2-3 years would be good. Anyway, I found the original planned layout which shows the 'future expansion area'. When you compare it to the nearmap image you can see a small portion of this area still exists (just seems like the WhiteWater tower and Skycoaster have encroached on it more than in the original plans). The trees I believe would have to remain, so they may have to do something clever to fit in a whole new slide complex one day...

post-68-0-18352500-1377054504_thumb.jpg

post-68-0-06335200-1377054723_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoGoBoy

ncrofy101 - I think you'll find that layout is not to scale. If you look at the nearmap image Gazza posted (and I re-posted) you'll see the top left of the park is taken up by the 'storm water retention ponds'. There is also a clump of trees but my understanding is they have to remain for planning/environmental reasons

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks as always julys. Where would we be without your WnW Syd updates?!

Glad to see they went with the Tornado version they used in the actual model rather than the video. It's got a neat extra couple of loops after the main funnel as opposed to emptying directly into the pool. And just out of interest I came across the 'official' name/type for those curious shortened Master Blasters on the WhiteWater tower: Master Blaster Express. As far as I can find they've only built one before and they mention they are for smaller footprints and obviously therefore less expense. Here's the link: http://www.whitewaterwest.com/zoombezibay.html

So it looks like there are four main ride sections...

So we have:

Section One:

8-Lane White Water West Whizzard Matt Racer

4 White Water West Aqua Loops

Section Two:

1 Proslide Dark Tornado

1 Proslide Tornado Wave

1 Proslide Tantrum Alley

Section Three:

1 Proslide Bowling Alley

2x Proslide Mammoth 5 passenger family raft slides

Section 4:

4x White Water 'Express' Master Blaster

1 White Water West Family Rattler

1 White Water West Boomerang

1 White Water West Constrictor

1 White Water West Inner Tube Slide

I believe thats it besides:

1 Skycoaster

1 Lazy River

2 Wave Pools

p.s sorry if this has been written before....

Edited by ncrofty101

Section Two:

1 Proslide Dark Tornado

1 Proslide Tornado Wave

1 Proslide Tantrum Alley

Fixed.

The Whitewater Abyss looks different, it has a triangular shaped funnel, and the framework on the outside is trusses rather than a spaceframe.

Abyss-Hanwha-Resort_1110052.jpg

1 White Water West Rainfotress (??)

Appears not. It'll just be a collection of proslide 'kidz" slides such as a kids tantrum, and a few body slides, rather than being arranged into a play structure.

2x Inner Tube Slides (???)

The green and blue ones are going to be Proslide Mammoth 5 passenger family raft slides (Like Taipan at Jamberoo) rather than inner tube slides...TPR had an interview with Proslide at IAPPA and this was confirmed.

4x White Water 'Express' Master Blaster

1 White Water West Family Rattler

1 White Water West Boomerang

1 White Water West Family Constrictor

It'll be a standard constrictor rather than a family constrictor. Also in that complex is a run of the mill enclosed inner tube slide (The navy blue coloured one)

Edited by Gazza

Well done on clarifying/correcting all that Gazza (and there was a lot to be clarified!). ncrofty - have you considered applying to become a News Corp journalist? ... I'm just mucking around by the way :) Gazza - I'm thinking the dark blue slide on the Whitewater tower might actually be totally dark inside, providing a 'black hole' type ride. What do you think? Also, any chance you can find that TPR vid again?

^Cheers for that as always Julys.

Right on schedule, nearmap did a flyover on the 4th too...

Park overview:

post-88-0-14684400-1378619787_thumb.jpg

Tornado Wave, Dark Tornado, Tantrum Alley:

post-88-0-03476200-1378619731_thumb.jpg

The Whitewater West complex, with the four Master Blaster express slides now done.

post-88-0-94292600-1378619740_thumb.jpg

The Mammoth Slides and Bowling Alley...Interesting how they've set the top platform up, with all 3 starter tubs having easy access to the top of the conveyer.

post-88-0-18558600-1378619747_thumb.jpg

Bits of the childrens area, from the proslide KIDZ range. It looks as though it'll be like WnW Phoneix, with minatures of the larger rides. Nothe starter tub pieces... this will be the first water park in Australia to have inner tube slides for kids too.

post-88-0-62103600-1378619757_thumb.jpg

On the left, foundations for the kids area.

post-88-0-47033400-1378619768_thumb.jpg

Lazy river and beach entry.

post-88-0-23484500-1378619777_thumb.jpg