Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Considering WnW's Calypso is pebble-creted (which also assists in covering up all the outletpumps etc, i think it's safe to say that what is visible on WnWS lazy river isn't the final product, and it's most likely going to be pebblecreted like the other... therefore the wallfloor material isn't really that important at this stage...

From facebook:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT – WE NEED YOU TO NAME OUR RIVER We want to put the power in your hands to help us name this iconic Wet’n’Wild Sydney attraction. Tell us what you think we should name the river for a chance to be one of the first to visit Wet’n’Wild Sydney! Our river is unique in the way that you can choose your own experience. You can enjoy a relaxing lazy river ride or a more exhilarating action river adventure. Starting today the competition will run over 10 days. Suggestions for names are acceptable via this post from Monday 23 September until 9am Monday 30 September. 5 of the best will be chosen and put to a vote for the remaining 3 days. Good luck!
1233954_724258310933576_414107096_n.jpg
Post can be found here

^That got me thinking, I'm wondering how the capacity of WnWSyd rates against WnWGC.

I guess you could give each park a score based upon the number of flumes in use, multiplied by the number of people each flume takes per dispatch. Not perfect, but it gives a rough idea.

I'll exclude the kids areas, upcharges, wave pools and lazy rivers because both would be fairly equivalent.

WnWGC

Mammoth Falls 2x4

Constrictor 1x3

Aqualoop 4x1

Whitewater Mountain 4x1

Kamikaze 2x2

Tornado 1x4

Jet Streams 3x1

Sidewinders 2x3

Black Hole 2x2

Super Racer 8x1

Score: 48

WnWSyd

360Rush 4x1

Racer 8x1

Tornado 1x4

Tornado Wave 1x4

Tantrum 1x4

Double Bowlseye 1x4

Family Raft Slides 2x4

Tropical Cyclone 1x2

Master Blasters 4x2

Rattler 1x3

'Black Hole' 1x2

Half Pipe 1x2

Score: 53

A good analysis Gazza - You'd have to expect the park would have similar or greater capacity and ability than GC given the modern construction and planned design, rather than the evolution that the GC has had... I think the only variable there would be the length of the slides (shorter slide length or father speed) which could impact on that a little more.

The comp already has over 3000 entries. I'm gonna make a prediction. This park is going to need to expand sooner rather than later... I think it's going to be a massive hit. And despite the claim of 42 rides, there are really only around 15 or so major attractions. Expect lines.

The claim isn't 42 'rides', it's "42 slides and attractions "...

So looking at things that we've had in the GC park - this could include zipline and skycoaster type attractions, as well as things like the hi-striker game that had a short lived installation near bombora burgers. 15 Major attractions doesn't count individual slides within 'kiddie' areas either...

It just depends on what they're counting - you can include shops, food outlets* and you're getting up there quite quickly...

*note to dreamworld - for it to count, it should at least be open 4 out of 7 days...

I took a drive past on Monday and was amazed at the size of the place, it's a lot bigger than I had imagined. The SkyCoaster is massive, Canada's Wonderland have one and from memory when I worked there it was no where near as big. As for the construction of WnWS, it's coming along pretty fast, it looks like most, if not all, of the building (toilets, change rooms, etc) are already done and there is a fair bit of landscaping done also. The hotel at the back of the drive in looks like it is just about done, the interior maybe a different story.

The big problem I can see at the moment is the road, the road directly outside is being worked on, but go east or west more than a couple of hundred meters and it's still a goat track, as it has been for years. If they don't start work soon they are going to run out of time very soon.

"The Bus is now leaving for Skyline Knoll, Tasmania"

Well thats certainly good timing and good investment strategy - there would be those who would stay the night to do WnW. Is the drive-in still operating? - Go for a swim during the day, camp out in the car for a movie at night, and then crash at the hotel... It's a shame they aren't doing dive-in movies... western sydney nights tend to be quite warm in the summer season - the heat of the nepean valley doesn't dissipate as it's below the plateau, so it'd be quite warm enough to do it. I guess if they close the drive-ins they can always move one of the projectors over... all they'd need is a screen...

Edited by AlexB

$145 per night, I can get a room in the middle of Sydney for much less than that. Unfortunately there are plenty of morons out there that will willing pay that, if they aren't from the area they will get a hell of a shock when they see where it is. "The Bus is now leaving for Shockeroo Creek, NSW"

Wet 'n' Wild Sydney just posted this to facebook:

"Thank you to everyone who submitted a suggestion to name our river. We have reviewed your suggestions and chosen 5 potential names for you to vote on:

1. Eastern River 2. Turquoise Bay 3. Boomerang Bay 4. Darling Bay 5. The Lagoon

Simply cast your vote by commenting on this post with the number associated with your favourite suggestion outlined above.

We look forward to announcing the winning name tomorrow at 3PM when voting closes!" Thoughts on the top 5 names for voting?

Edited by Alex Berriman