Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Wet 'n' Wild Sydney just posted this to facebook:

"Thank you to everyone who submitted a suggestion to name our river. We have reviewed your suggestions and chosen 5 potential names for you to vote on:

1. Eastern River 2. Turquoise Bay 3. Boomerang Bay 4. Darling Bay 5. The Lagoon

Simply cast your vote by commenting on this post with the number associated with your favourite suggestion outlined above.

We look forward to announcing the winning name tomorrow at 3PM when voting closes!" Thoughts on the top 5 names for voting

I Think I Would Be Happy With Boomerang Bay, and The Lagoon. I Don't Really Like The Other 3

I Think I Would Be Happy With Boomerang Bay, and The Lagoon. I Don't Really Like The Other 3

I thought the exact same thing...

I am surprised there's no fan rage because Snowy River Rampage wasn't a finalist...

Although a few people made those suggestions, I think you're setting yourself up for failure with a name like that because (rightly or wrongly) comparisons will be made "that's not a rampage!" etc.

I also think that VR haven't chosen it, regardless of any popularity in the name simply because it doesn't really fit - given the duality of the attraction - both relaxing and turbulent options, calling the entire attraction a 'rampage' doesn't paint the picture of a relaxing paddle in a gently flowing river...

for both of those reasons, and i'm sure a few more I can't think of right now, it was right for them not to include that option as a finalist.

Didn't Jamberoo have something called boomerang bay? Or was that Billabong Beach? All this aliteration (?) is doing my head in. I think the winner has to be The Lagoon... or perhaps that could be tacked onto by calling it 'the lagoon + rapids' or something?

Either way I find NONE of the names inspired. From what they had to choose from this is a fairly pedestrian name list IMHO.

Totally agree Jobe. And I also don't think it suits the theme/feel of the rest of the names they have released so far for the other attractions. With the suggestions I entered, I tried to match the feel of the other names. So far we have 360Rush, Double Bowlseye, Halfpipe, and now... Boomerang Bay?

Probably one of the better names out of the 5.

Has anyone else noticed how the surfing wave pool which was in the promo video (as a separate wave pool next to the family wave pool) hasn't eventuated in the final design?

Stink cos it would've been another first..

Perhaps it's just my personal bias showing through (I find wave pools underwhelming and the least unique aspect of a water park)

I'm also questioning what would be more marketable for a new park...A 2nd pool, or a boost to the opening variety of slides. With respect to people eating capacity, I'd be curious as to what nets you more in terms of construction cost/staffing....$10,000,000 worth of wave pool, or $10,000,000 worth of water slides (Or heck, $10,000,000 worth of longer lazy river, with more entry/exit points)

The idea of having a place you can surf anytime is particularly appealing to surfers when there's no swell.

This was what attracted me to the idea of WnWS having one as GC doesn't have one and would've been a good point of difference.

When I saw the original promo for the first time I was pretty excited. You can clearly see a standup surfer riding a peeling wave across the pool.

Flowriders you don't have any forward momentum so the feeling is completely different to riding a moving wave.

I'm not sure if small wave pools can be cranked up enough to provide quality waves Jacob. They seem to make lots of "chop swell" with 0.5-1.0m faces, but places like Wadi in Dubai pump out single 2.0m swell pulses...