Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Shit, didn't realise it was such a crime to ask about a train station...

In all reality I'd imagine there will be public or private bus connections from at least one local train station to the park. After all, those Wonder Busses have to get a rebirth eventually :P

But who is going to drive them? Bussy certainly isn't going to?

I'll drive them if I get paid as much as I do in my current job and still only work 3 shifts a week. Wow talk about a massive blow up over nothing. Just because someone live out of town doesn't mean it's hard to find out transport information for anywhere on the world very easily. "The Bus is not leaving for Wet 'n' Wild Sydney, it's easy to get to, just catch a train to Penrith and walk, it isn't that far."

Article on the Nippers announcement - http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/19639760/beach-boost-for-western-sydney/

Includes the first showing of a slide with water running (The Master Blaster).

When they say 2m waves, do they mean height, or wavelength?

Obviously they are trying to sell it as height, but they need some sort of evidence to back their claim right?

A free shuttle bus service will ­operate between Parramatta train station and the ­water park through the peak season. Local bus operators will be contracted to run the service and a schedule will be finalised early this month.

Great thanks Julys. It's good to know that there would be a free shuttle service to and from the park to parramatta station. Thanks for the information :) Wet n Wild is coming along nicely. Will be open soon.

Looking at the construction pics it seems highly unlikely they will be 2 metres high, unless measured from the pool floor..

Why is it so unlikely? Waves are measured from the base of the face to the top of the crest. It seems entirely possible to get 2m waves, the pool is well and truly big enough. "The Bus is now leaving for Wave Rock, Western Australia"

Why is it so unlikely? Waves are measured from the base of the face to the top of the crest. It seems entirely possible to get 2m waves, the pool is well and truly big enough. "The Bus is now leaving for Wave Rock, Western Australia"

Go and have a look at this vid - http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/19639760/beach-boost-for-western-sydney/

Pause around 19seconds.. see the worker in the pool.. lets say he is 6ft, well he is already at wall height there and the pool doesnt get much deeper. I would expect a normal depth of 1m or so when calm - if adding a 2m wave we are talking 9ft.. and there is no way that wall is 9ft.

Go and have a look at this vid - http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/19639760/beach-boost-for-western-sydney/

Pause around 19seconds.. see the worker in the pool.. lets say he is 6ft, well he is already at wall height there and the pool doesnt get much deeper. I would expect a normal depth of 1m or so when calm - if adding a 2m wave we are talking 9ft.. and there is no way that wall is 9ft.

Ah, but when calm, the water is equalised. When waves are in operation, it doesn't go from a 1m calm height to 3 metres high.

Theory of relativity - every action has an equal and opposite reaction - so it is possible that the ebb could go as low as 1 foot, and as high as 6 foot(ish), which means you aren't far off the "2 metre" mark.

Yes the figures aren't quite right, but you get the idea.

h25_76.gif

*Where 'D' is still water height, and (as Bussy said) the 'height' of the wave is measured at 'H'

Edited by AlexB

So the full list is:

• The Beach
  • Boomerang Bay
  • H2Go Racers
  • 360Rush
  • T5
  • Tantrum
  • The Curler
  • Riptide
  • Double BOWLSeye
  • The Breakers
  • Tropical Cyclone
  • Typhoon
  • Half Pipe
  • Aqua Tube
  • WNW Jr
  • The Surf Deck
  • Sydney SkyCoaster

This instagram post http://instagram.com/p/gRqnKUkb75/

Seems to suggest that one of the cloverleaf slide is called "Bombora"...Not sure which one they are referring to though? My bets were with GoGoBoy that the curler was the name for the Tornado wave, but maybe this will be it instead?

PS Can anyone figure out what T5 means?

My guess is it's a reinterpretation of the Fujita scale (F0,F2,F3,F4,F5) which rates the intensity of a Tornado, F5 being the most catastrophic.

In other news, there is a gallery up of the H2Go Racers, including an internal pic of the stripy rainbow section of slide https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.754408051251935.1073741829.512833322076077&type=1

The slide will have a timing system (Rather than a placement system like WnWGC) so I guess part of the fun will be trying to go irresponsibly fast.

On the Whizzard at Aquatica you could get times below 10 seconds with the right sliding technique.

1424405_754410451251695_1315187476_n.jpg

1426322_754410537918353_384503425_n.jpg

536972_754410581251682_1561961328_n.jpg

Edited by Gazza

One thing I have noticed is that it is not just a small bunch of people like us who are getting hyped for this park. Loads of people are anticipating this opening, (even without me bringing up the subject!) Even people who tell me to shut up every time I talk about any of the parks are getting behind this.

I think the demand for a park was always there, it's just that no one thought that the matter was serious enough to take any action.

Shame this didn't happen earlier, but now is better than never.

I think the demand for a park was always there, it's just that no one thought that the matter was serious enough to take any action. Shame this didn't happen earlier, but now is better than never.

All we need now is a theme park like movieworld or Dremworld. Maybe this might wake luna park up and push them into gear Either way we need one down here to replace Wonderland and give WnWS a business partner Edited by zacsta_1997

I can't see another theme park opening in Sydney within the next 6-8yrs. WnWS will no doubt have a tremendous launch in a market that has had a hole in it since Wonderland closed. First year results will smash expectations. But there would need to be 5-10yrs on ongoing success at WnWS before VRTP would consider opening another theme park, or another operator enter the market. Like any business, there will be a drop off at some point (year 3 probably) and I'm not talking seasonal I am talking overall, and it will be how WnWS responds that will determine its success, and many operators will see this at the litmus test for the feasibility of another park in Sydney

I can't see another theme park opening in Sydney within the next 6-8yrs. WnWS will no doubt have a tremendous launch in a market that has had a hole in it since Wonderland closed. First year results will smash expectations. But there would need to be 5-10yrs on ongoing success at WnWS before VRTP would consider opening another theme park, or another operator enter the market. Like any business, there will be a drop off at some point (year 3 probably) and I'm not talking seasonal I am talking overall, and it will be how WnWS responds that will determine its success, and many operators will see this at the litmus test for the feasibility of another park in Sydney

Yes I know they need Time but like many other people I hope Village Roadshow does put another park in sydney.

All we need now is a theme park like movieworld or Dremworld. Maybe this might wake luna park up and push them into gear Either way we need one down here to replace Wonderland and give WnWS a business partner

Our best bet is another park being built. Later is better than never. As for Luna Park, they have too many restrictions to do anything big. They'll just have to make the most of what's already there.