Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

No idea how. I was at the top waiting and there was a delay. They then told his friend about it, dont think it was too serious though as we were going again 2 minutes later.

I managed to somehow cut my finger on the half pipe (though I didnt notice till a few minutes later). Im guessing there are a few uneven edges.

No idea how. I was at the top waiting and there was a delay. They then told his friend about it, dont think it was too serious though as we were going again 2 minutes later.

I managed to somehow cut my finger on the half pipe (though I didnt notice till a few minutes later). Im guessing there are a few uneven edges.

It's worth cutting your finger on the half pipe. Incredible slide. Took me by surprise.

"Right at this moment, right now i am preparing to make my visit to Wet'n'Wild Sydney on the 11.12.13 as well as mentally taking in all the excitement and sadness that its finally coming to the end of my Wet'n'Wild Sydney under construction journey, countless videos and hundreds of photo's 14 months and 24 days later i will finally be stepping inside Wet'n'Wild Sydney and soaking in what i have been clicking on the other side of that fence through rain dust and time, My first inside Photo's will be Published here on Parkz.com and i'm very sure you all will not be disappointed, my Last video will be Part 41 of the Grand Opening Tomorrow 12th December and then that will be it from me......sad to say.... But rest assure Parkz, my next Journey will be "Wonderland Sydney" so that's another exciting Journey to look forward to..... (if that is given the go ahead).... anyway i will be sending the photo's to Gazza and you should be expecting them when he uploads them"....

"So Excited"!!!

julys847am

Will you be there during the night too Julys?

Just got back....

Hello jjuttp, i stayed until 9:10pm cause i was waiting for the colourful lights to come on the rides/slides (Skycoaster-Double bowlseye-360 rush-Bombora-T5 etc)

but they only stayed on for a few seconds not long enough for me to grab my camera,But i will be there tomorrow morning.

Edited by Julys Aquila

Just got back....

Hello jjuttp, i stayed until 9:10pm cause i was waiting for the colourful lights to come on the rides/slides (Skycoaster-Double bowlseye-360 rush-Bombora-T5 etc)

but they only stayed on for a few seconds not long enough for me to grab my camera,But i will be there tomorrow morning.

Will you be inside the park?

If so I would like to put in a photo request. Can you take photos of the Mat racer slide? Not just from the front, but also some detailed pictures from different angels, and on the supports and from beneath. And also some cool photos of the children area and slide?

Only if you have time though, feel no obligation!

What confused me a bit was when I first went to line up for the Half Pipe, I grabbed a 2 person raft assuming you could ride 1 or 2 people (since I was by myself).

The third major slide complex is built by WhiteWater West. On this tower are all the slides which can be ridden in conventional 1 and 2 person rings

Anyone know if single tubes are available on this tower? Was re-reading the Parkz article and remembered Keegs post about it.

Looking at the photos of the queues, I think I'm going to wait until February when I get back from America to go to Wet n Wild so that school will be back and hopefully the park will be quieter.

^Childrens areas are always difficult to photograph, unless you get there early when they are empty and no kids are in view of your photos. Last thing you want is to be kicked out lol.

"Speaking of taking photo's of the children's playground, Last night on my Preview day at 5pm i was very very excited to get in there as you know i would after months of construction videos and photo's, i really wanted to take photo's of the w'n'w jr area as my videos have very limited construction shots of the area so i think i was over excited i parked my car walked over to the fence and took some shots of the children's playground which was obviously the slides and rides etc, then i made my way in there and walked straight to the w'n'w jr area and just started taking photo's of the area NOT THE CHILDREN just the slides rides pools and everything else, Oblivious to what i was doing due to my excitement while clicking away i got a tap on the shoulder and i turned around "Excuse me sir you can only take photo's of your own child not of somebody else's" says this life saver who was maintaining the children's area, i said "I know that, i was just taking photo's of the slides that's all here take a look at the photos" so i showed him the photo's on my phone and he said "I know you were doing that i just had to let you know, ok thank you have a good day".... i walked away thinking what the hell just happened while at the same time thoughts running through my head of parents looking at me showing my camera phone to this life saver worker and wondering am i taking photo's of their kids or am i a pervert, i walked away so pissed off and angry that i had to calm myself down by getting into the lazy river(boomerang bay) and still thinking what the hell just happened, and i came to a conclusion, i was over excited at what i wanted to do that i forgot where i was doing it in...... "THE KIDS PLAYGROUND AREA full of kids, DUHHHHHH"...... even though i wanted to punch the lights out of that life guard i had also realize what if somebody was taking a photo of my son Julys, would i like that, NO, so the life saver was just doing his job, took me a while to accept that and to accept how could i have forgotten that, so i picked myself up and thought i have a job to do and that's to take as many photos of this park as possible to post on Parkz.com, so here is the kids playground area and the rest of the photo's of the park will be sent to Gazza........ Oooops, i stuffed up below.... but the photos below that..... cheers.

post-29368-0-61083000-1386827379_thumb.j

post-29368-0-13898400-1386827467_thumb.j

post-29368-0-31709900-1386827588_thumb.j

post-29368-0-78308800-1386827744_thumb.j

post-29368-0-22724700-1386827811_thumb.j

post-29368-0-06431600-1386827874_thumb.j

post-29368-0-60589400-1386827925_thumb.j

post-29368-0-51329500-1386827986_thumb.j

post-29368-0-79525600-1386828036_thumb.j

post-29368-0-73482600-1386828089_thumb.j

post-29368-0-91690000-1386828138_thumb.j

post-29368-0-42844200-1386828186_thumb.j

post-29368-0-11885000-1386828237_thumb.j

post-29368-0-06163700-1386828284_thumb.j

post-29368-0-41533800-1386828340_thumb.j

post-29368-0-29007800-1386828404_thumb.j

Edited by Julys Aquila

Just noticed this video shows the family slides using 2 person rafts instead of the 5 person ones. What's up with that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEEbZcvPjM

"Because while i was there today the raft conveyor belt was broken or not functioning since Monday so i was told...... What a joke, Opening day and the conveyor isn't working and everyone had to carry their raft with them to the top and not only that, some of the raft's were losing air in them preventing them from being usable and so rafts were passed up from those holding them from below"

The Curler is alot like the Constrictor, just in a larger scale with a longer ride time.But the annoying this is that every raft is a 2p raft. No singles. And the only 1p slides in the park are 360rush and the H2go Racers.

I'm currently in the process of uploading photos of the lightshow to places.

Will you be inside the park?

If so I would like to put in a photo request. Can you take photos of the Mat racer slide? Not just from the front, but also some detailed pictures from different angels, and on the supports and from beneath. And also some cool photos of the children area and slide?

Only if you have time though, feel no obligation!

Hello _koppen, the photo's you wanted have all been taken, the Mat racer slide photo's will be uploaded by Gazza, Cheers mate.

Surely fixing a raft conveyor would be bread and butter stuff for Wet 'n' Wild's maintenance team, with spare parts on standby etc.? Still, credit to them for continuing to run the slides, albeit with unintended rafts. Speaking of which, I wonder how happy Proslide would be with the use of alternative rafts? If the slide was engineered around the use of family rafts, wouldn't a different type change the dynamics significantly? We know waterslides these days are very carefully engineered.

But the annoying this is that every raft is a 2p raft. No singles. And the only 1p slides in the park are 360rush and the H2go Racers.

That's annoying. Couldn't the slides like half pipe on that tower do 1p rafts as well as 2p? It makes it really hard if you just want to go there by yourself one day and there's only two slides you can go on as a single rider and the rest you have to buddy up with strangers which you may have to wait awhile for.

My thoughts for the rides i went on today:

Double Bowls Eye - It took us about 30mins to finally get from the bottom to the top of the stairs,Had to use the 2 seated raft got on going into the first tunnel it was ok, coming into the first eye felt alright not excited yet down into the next tunnel around the curvy bend started picking up speed straight into the next eye and out the last tunnel still not that excited for me but my mate thought it was awsome. rating: 7-10

T5 - It took about 20mins to get to the top with the staff there so friendly, hopped on the raft and away we went down and around that curve at a pretty good speed i must say straight into the Heart of the T5, the raft felt like it was gonna take us right around the inside of the Funnel as it slid from side to side because it pretty much reached a good height on both ends and out the end we came: rating: 8-10

360 rush - Was told to cross leg's over one another and cross my arms over each other while grabbing onto the strap that was holding the back foam to support the rush if that's how you would explain it, count down started 3, 2, 1 and the bottom opened up and i just fell and may i say i just really Sh*t myself, i closed my eyes all the way down and around the curve and out the tube and my thoughts were "Holy Sh*t that was scary what a rush, i aint going on this again". rating: 7-10

H2GO racers - Didn't wait that long for a ride as there were 8 people going at the same time, the ride was ok, didnt feel that much of a speed thing just the splash at the end when coming out and down but that was all. rating: 6-10

TYPHOON - Enjoyed this ride with the raft swaying from side to side as it went around curves and into those two bullet looking things what ever you call them, came out backwards which surprised me but thats what it's suppose to do. rating: 8-10

TROPICAL CYCLONE - My favourite ride of all, after you enter the tube light disappears and it's darkness from there on, your thoughts of wondering where we are going whats ahead whats gonna happen and all you feel is the raft moving from side to side and picking up speed and dropping a level as it travels and just hearing the sounds of water flowing around you and then you finally get to the end by seeing light at the end of the tunnel, that's awsome i enjoyed that feeling of not knowing and looking forward to knowing if you get what i mean. rating : 9-10

BOOMERANG BAY - just a relaxing area where you can go to and do just that relax, and what happened when i went there and layed on the 2 seater raft while looking up at the sky? i drifted off and had a quite snooze while my raft was just drifting, what woke me up was a heard someone say "he's just chillin, look at him" i said "yepp i'm just chilling". this doesn't need a rating.

The rest of the rides i thought i would try them another day so i can look forward to something i haven't been to on my next visit.

These thoughts and ratings are personally my own.

Had a good day today.

Hello _koppen, the photo's you wanted have all been taken, the Mat racer slide photo's will be uploaded by Gazza, Cheers mate.

That sounds awesome! Thank you for the kid's area photos earlier, and thank you for doing the web episodes. I commented one of them, I don't know if you remember me.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of your photos! (feel no stress though).

I also uploaded your photos to TPR (with all the credit to you) http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63557&p=1385588#p1385588

Edited by _koppen

I stumbled upon the aforementioned photos (page 4 onwards): http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Prospect/Wet_n_Wild_Sydney/photos/page4.html

Also, I wonder how long it will be before the Gold Coast parks get a similar RFID solution. I know we have splash cash at WNWGC but having entry, lockers, and payments all controlled by a wristband seems pretty great not just from a guest's perspective of convenience, but the park will probably see higher in-park spending.

1212-88_Lockers_IMG_0137.JPG

1212-88_Entrance_IMG_0132.JPG