Movieworld Review 28/04/12

Reanimated35

Good evening, Here's my thoughts on my trip to Movieworld with my mate today. The forecast for today was showers/rain and that's exactly what it was so the crowds we down quite nicely.

Cloudy with rain areas. Moderate to locally heavy falls, mainly about the coast. Light to moderate SE to NE winds, tending fresh to strong and gusty about the coast.

For those of you considering visiting the park during the wet weather and buying a poncho, DON'T. You can't take them on any ride (Except WWF & Scooby) so you just get wet anyway. ALL RIDES were running today. I don't know if that's normal, I haven't been in ages. Last I recall, a little bit of rain closes almost everything. Now only lightning will force a closure. gl3.jpg GL.jpg gl2.jpg Green Lantern is really good fun, even in wet weather. First time I'd been on it and it's an excellent addition to the park. The lap bars give that excellent feeling of freedom. Theming is looking good but is already being attacked by guests (Yellow monster just before the ramp). Nice new garden too. GL was having several technical issues today. No audio for one, but something was causing some lengthy closures throughout the day. Construction on Batman's replacement didn't seem to be going anywhere today, I assume maybe they're only working weekdays? No construction workers in sight anyway. It looks like they're building a new ramp just past the end of the Spaceshot queue. Nothing new to add to what's already been covered on here. wwf.jpg Wild West Falls was looking it's usual vibrant self even in the wet. Nothing has changed, not that it needs to in the last few years (apart from the usual maintenance). No queue at all, but that was the same across the whole park today. As mentioned, the park was basically a ghost town today. Most shops were closed. quiet1.jpg quiet2.jpg quiet3.jpg quiet4.jpg quiet5.jpg Arkham was up and running in the rain, was a nice smooth ride, unfortunately I found the new restraints to be quite constricting on my legs. I would rather have had the head banging back as it didn't hurt as much as the legs. From about half way through the ride to the end the G forces made the harness extremely tight and uncomfortable. Theming looks good, The 'wallpaper' works well as there wouldn't be much space left after Superman to add in a whole new facade. They did well with what they've got to work with. Did have a bit of a "oh is that where it is" moment when trying to find the entrance. There is just a ramp on the left as you walk down to enter via, but a giant inviting path leading straight ahead. Yes there is a big sign above the door saying Arkham Asylum however Movieworld sure do seem to like their A-frame signs, so one telling you where the entrance is probably wouldn't hurt too much. This will probably all change if they add something to the chinatown area anyway. The audio still wasn't working but did appear to be installed in all the seats now though. A few seats were refusing to release and had to be done manually with those battery pack things they carry which caused a roughly 10-15 minute delay while they tested it and tried to get it all sorted again. AA.jpg AA2.jpg aa3.jpg aa4.jpg aa5.jpg aa6.jpg Have to make a new post now as I've run out of image space *Stupid forum won't let me have any more pictures in this post and it keeps merging my posts* This is just looking down to chinatown (sorry for the quality) seems one building has it's facade removed, the rest seem normal. http://img.photobuck...ed35/china1.jpg http://img.photobuck...ed35/china2.jpg Scooby was a walk on and a lot of the time there really wasn't anyone in front of us at all. Kept walking from the exit to entry and riding again. Clocked up about 15-20 rides today. Smoke was the best I've ever seen it (until the afternoon about 3:30/4pm it was switched off and there was just whatever was already in the room left). The cone laser after the turntable wasn't working correctly, it was just a single line pointing to the bottom of the car, otherwise there was a green laser near the spider and 1 or 2 others (green and a red I think) were going. Can't remember if there was supposed to be any more. The parade was very small today due to the weather. There was 2 empty floats (joker and WB), the batmobile and the red Evo. Speaking of Evo's, we didn't check out the show today, will do next time. And to finish off this update, I will leave you with this power lead. Where does it go? What does it do? What doesn't it do? Who knows? http://img.photobuck...ed35/weird1.jpg http://img.photobuck...ed35/weird2.jpg No, seriously, who knows? I didn't actually follow it past that corner. Edited by reanimated35

Nothing to add except that the green car in the courtyard is new. Thanks for getting out there and getting these pics anyway...very hardy of you. Re the leg tightening, I guess one way to make it comfortable to to make sure you dont slouch or anything...try and sit yourself back a bit as much as possible, and that avoids the tendency to slip foward during the ride and wedge under the harness. Also, maybe a decent set of legs might resist the harness...squat, squat, squat :P

Edited by Gazza

That car had one window partially down and from what we could see there was a power lead and some random chemical bottle on the floor in the front lol. I don't know if the leg thing was from sliding under it, I think it was more my legs just being squished under there as I'm not much muscle.

Not that it's going to help anyone, but the license plate is CAK781. Forgot to mention too, Rick's diner is still under construction but the all you can eat is still available in one of the other locations. (DH maybe, wasn't paying too much attention) Also not really needing its own thread I suppose, saw this ad on the wall there.

Edited by reanimated35

I only just noticed I didn't actually mention superman. It was running with basically a 2min queue all day. My god that hurts in the rain. Got of the ride soaked and with a lot of eyeball pain lol. If you haven't been lucky enough to experience superman in the wet, imagine the hulk throwing a hedgehog into your face while you're on the ride.

Forgot to mention. Went back today (6/5) and Scooby was again full of smoke which is great, the turnstyle laser isn't working still. The station exit door (at the first turn from leaving the station) is working again (wasn't last week). Superman has brought the water back in the subway section! edit - Oh yea, that sign out the front of the new attraction (BATR) has been changed to that "Superman needs your help" pic that was on facebook the other day.

Edited by reanimated35

I've read this thread three times, but this is the first time i've seen the pics (work computers don't like some image hosts). Are those pics straight off your camera, or have you had a play with them? The Chroma looks off the charts! ('colour richness') Sidenote: has anyone seen the Splash Bash at Sea World Resort? I found out about it when we visited the resort for our wedding reception inspection... Apparently it's at 8pm, and it's fully automatic on a timer. I did ask whether they're able to trigger it manually (say - for Photos) but the answer was no.

Apparently it's at 8pm, and it's fully automatic on a timer. I did ask whether they're able to trigger it manually (say - for Photos) but the answer was no.

Of course they could manually trigger it. Who controls the timers? People. I think it is more a case that if they do it for one person and others find out then it will become a common request so safer to just say no.

Rean - I'd say the WWF shot, i'm at work so I can't see them now, but its the only one I remember that looked extremely different (rich coloured rocks, as opposed to faded ones) but i'm pretty sure there were some other shots that were just as noticeable - I just can't remember what they are.