Rare Findings

kujotess

Guest Mr Shadow

Thanks, never got to see this one. Better than Journey to the Center of the Earth 4D. Why they have that terrible film playing boggles my mind. Here's an old one

Edited by Mr Shadow

Thanks, never got to see this one. Better than Journey to the Center of the Earth 4D. Why they have that terrible film playing boggles my mind. Here's an old one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKPowVbZ3v0

Wow back then it seemed like such a movie park, but now the commercials are all about advertising different passes.

• 5 weeks later...

I just caught this while watching a video of people evacuating the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster. Two horses (fake) behind the gates near the show stage. Does anyone know where these are from? Here's the video and a screenshot. You can find it at around 6:35 of the video. This is back in 2009 by the way. post-29097-0-50990100-1338967067_thumb.p

Edited by kujotess

• 3 weeks later...

I was doing some browsing on Google and found this blog. It has a photo from Movie World, Gold Coast in 1999 of a Looney Tunes show with the same title as the show that runs today. What do you's think? post-29097-0-48151800-1341149254_thumb.j Here's the blog. - http://www.matthew.mask.net.au/photo3h.htm Maybe it was similar to this one at Six Flags back in 2001. -

With the lack on enthusiasm im guessing that these guys didn't get payed very much...

You went forwards in the first drop. Not really..

So what happened in the section that currently exists where the geysers are, where there is the special section of the course where the boats hit the dead end, drift sideways, and start going forwards again?

I don't recall that.... but then again the first time I rode it was in '04.

Am I the only one who can see the "Not really" in the initial post?

I don't recall that.... but then again the first time I rode it was in '04. I recently had to update the ride's wikipedia page, because I know from first hand the ride still actually has the Wild Wild West pre-ride video.

Wrong, whilst the ride plays various clips including the wild wild west music video this IS NOT the pre show video you used to watch before boarding the ride at all. And the ride has not been 're themed' but the theming at the second turntable has changed since opening.

The original pre show was in the small theatre you now just walk through as part of the crew. Small groups were ushered in here and held to watch a short film that showed some clips from western movies (anyone remember the host?) and such before being sent through to the last little section of que before boarding. The ride was originally tied in with the film. But playing a music video is very different licensing to using a name of a film for your attraction so I'm guessing that's where the chance came about. This is the info from the parkz database "Originally named Wild Wild West as a tie-in with the 1999 film of the same name. It was changed in August 2002 because of a license issue."

That used to be the Movie World thing back in the day with even the thrill rides having fairly loose movie tie ins, much like the lethal weapon pre-show. As the park started to go more traditional theme park and a bit less about making movies you started to see the pre-shows disappearing. And yes the original pre show really did nothing to enhance to the ride imo.