New 4D Movie at Movieworld

Quite a few movies are filmed in "native" 3D - Avatar Yogi Bear Resident Evil: Afterlife Sanctum The Final Destination Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Step up 3D Journey to the centre of the Earth Journery 2: The mysterious Island Tron Legacy Spy Kids 4 Just to name a few...

Edited by rac2703

Fair enough, but why would anyone want another Super Hero themed attraction this year anyway? There are other movie themes/genres out there.

Obviously none that MW know of....

^ I have to agree with that, apart form the movies specifically designed as 3D films (mostly only found at theme parks it seems*), not the normal movies they've converted to 3D. *Avatar was the only movie I can think of which was actually filmed in 3D

Darkest Hour Piranha 3D Piranha 3DD and i'm pretty sure that even Conan was too....

They are NOT going to open up two attractions to the same theme in less than a few months.... Marketing Nightmare! I'm saying why are you putting "JL" in your posts when that obviously isn't going to happen?

How is it a marketing nightmare?? Do you know anything about marketing?? GL and AA:ST opened within months of each other as well ... there was no marketing nightmare. What do you think? People might accidentally get in the queue to walk into the Roxy with DC/Justice League on the sign thinking it is actually the Justice League attraction at the front of the park that they just walked past on the way in?? I dont think the average MW attendee is that stupid. Given, it more than likely will not be anything DC related, but saying it couldn't be due to previous press releases about the BATR replacement & time frames and a 'marketing nightmare' make no sense at all. In fact when Journey opened, there wasnt even a marketing campaign to go with it. Changing the movie in the Roxy is not a major attraction (and god help us if the day ever comes that such a change is called a major anything) so i doubt they will make any real noise about it to be honest

They are NOT going to open up two attractions to the same theme in less than a few months.... Marketing Nightmare! I'm saying why are you putting "JL" in your posts when that obviously isn't going to happen? Yeah they might have a DC theme... but it's not likely(in fact come to think of it, that user who suggested Journey 2 might be there, is probably right on the money), and It's even more unlikely that they're going to start advertising two Justice League attractions opening up immediatly one after the other.

How is this in anyway a marketing nightmare? If trolling, well played, if not, wtf? I take it you work must work at the park if you know that "obviously isn't going to happen" Why would 2 attractions be so bad together? "Come on in to the new Justice League Adventure ride and once you're done there, head on over to the Roxy theatre and check out the new Justice Leage 4D movie!" Maybe I should get a career in marketing hey? That was pretty straight forward. I hope that it's not just JTTCOTE2 as the first one for me felt too rushed. Shrek I was willing to see multiple times, JTTCOTE was once, and that was bad enough.

I personally think Journey to the centre of the earth was just a quick replacement they threw in when they lost the Dreamworks contract to Dreamworld. They had to remove Shrek 4D by a certain time and have a replacement in and running in a short time, the Journey 4D was in use in a number of parks and was probably the easy fix until a more permanent film was chosen. The film itself was very choppy and didn't have any continuity, the pre-show didn't make much sense either, But I think the 4D effects were used well. while on this topic, does anyone know whether the Shrek 4D at Movie World had the scent effect in use?? I know that in other parks (I think including Universal Singapore) the room fills with a candy scent when Gingy's house is shown. I don't have a very good sense of smell and didn't really notice it.

Edited by rac2703

This June, get ready for an adventure of mammoth proportions –

Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs – The 4D Experience

! Our favorite sub-zero heroes, Manny, Ellie and Diego venture into a mysterious underground world after Sid the Sloth stumbles across three abandoned eggs and decides to raise them as his own. Once the eggs hatch, the adventure begins in the lost world of the dinosaurs! Featured in eye-popping 3D with an all-star voice cast, including Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary and Queen Latifah, Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs delivers more thrills, more chills, and more mammoth-sized laughs for everyone!

Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs - The 4D Experience This June, get ready for an adventure of mammoth proportions – Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs – The 4D Experience! Our favorite sub-zero heroes, Manny, Ellie and Diego venture into a mysterious underground world after Sid the Sloth stumbles across three abandoned eggs and decides to raise them as his own. Once the eggs hatch, the adventure begins in the lost world of the dinosaurs! Featured in eye-popping 3D with an all-star voice cast, including Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary and Queen Latifah, Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs delivers more thrills, more chills, and more mammoth-sized laughs for everyone!

Edited by rac2703

I'm pretty sure this is at Parque Warner too, pretty good choice. But this is just like Journey, it's from the movie. Maybe they might go further with Ice Age as the new movie is coming out soon. They could do what they did with Happy Feet years ago, quick show and photo opportunities with the characters.

They haven't changed it that many times in the parks history: Marvin The Martian in 3D - 1997-2005 Shrek 4D - 2005-2010 Journey to the Centre of the Earth - 2010-2012 3 films in 15 years seems decent, to keep it relevant and up-to-date. and as I said earlier- "I personally think Journey to the centre of the earth was just a quick replacement they threw in when they lost the Dreamworks contract to Dreamworld. They had to remove Shrek 4D by a certain time and have a replacement in and running in a short time, the Journey 4D was in use in a number of parks and was probably the easy fix until a more permanent film was chosen."

Edited by rac2703

They haven't changed it that many times in the parks history: Marvin The Martian in 3D - 1997-2005 Shrek 4D - 2005-2010 Journey to the Centre of the Earth - 2010-2012 3 films in 15 years seems decent, to keep it relevant and up-to-date. and as I said earlier- "I personally think Journey to the centre of the earth was just a quick replacement they threw in when they lost the Dreamworks contract to Dreamworld. They had to remove Shrek 4D by a certain time and have a replacement in and running in a short time, the Journey 4D was in use in a number of parks and was probably the easy fix until a more permanent film was chosen."

I am talking only about the one and this next one which also seems like it will be a similar thing to Journey and will only have a short run.

Good, frankly I'd love to see the Roxy run a new 4D film every two years or so... Keep things fresh. I hope they run another Looney Tunes 4D film one day..... Would be great.

I've always thought that the ones they have played before Happy Feet 2 and Legends of The Guardians would fit great at Movie World if one was specially made and was a bit longer.

^ Umm, why?

How do you figure that?

Well its a show that is using parts of a movie, and that movie is a few years old but has a sequel coming out, this seems like they are going to capitalise on the new movie when it comes out (just like they did for journey). Typically these types of shows don't stay around long.

Good, frankly I'd love to see the Roxy run a new 4D film every two years or so... Keep things fresh. I hope they run another Looney Tunes 4D film one day..... Would be great.

It could be good, but normally the shows that are more permanent are made to a higher quality and don't reuse footage from a movie but actually have their own footage, unless of course the movie or TV show is not current and therefore its becomes a show that looks back on the movie.

I think once upon a time a 3D and now 4D movie could shown in the park for a lengthy period. Nowadays though 3D technology is becoming more prominent, nearly every film has it and you can now buy TV's with it. I think today the novelty of going to watch these type of shows at theme parks are wearing off and therefore parks are less inclined to spend a lot of money on these movies for fear people are just going to get bored really quick. Instead they are opting for movie that can be changed out and refreshed every 2 years to keep it interesting for guests. I for one am all for something different every time I visit as well.