MW & SW TR 22/05/2012

westical

Movie World

• [*]Water wasn't working on Superman, but first time in awhile I remember all the lockers moving. [*]The teeth on the yellow monster thingie in the Green Lantern queue have been fixed. For now. [*]Rode Green Lantern twice, no sound either time. So far I'm 0/3. [*]I felt extra safe when the Arkham attendants checked my harness for a third time. Lucky it was a walk on. [*]Don't recall seeing before the two TV screens hanging from the awning at the front of the Photo Centre (near the dog tag machines)
    • [*]There's about half a dozen dinosaurs installed, plus at least three still in the carpark. [*]Couldn't see much at Bermuda, outside hasn't been touched. [*]How good is Jet Rescue compared to Mick Doohan? That good. [*]No trace of a train.
zybbl.jpg cjZBT.jpg FXYsC.jpg JhgYO.jpg tYytA.jpg EpsCb.jpg h3oNd.jpg Golf off the SkyWay anyone? mGL5s.jpg Edited by westical

• 2 months later...

Can't be bothered making a different topic so - MW TR 04/08/2012

• [*]FINALLY got audio on Green Lantern, went for a second ride straight after to experience it again and....... no audio [*]Little bit hard to hear Joker on the Arkham lift hill but at least it's working. [*]Swinging blade on Scooby Doo wasn't swinging. [*]All the Superman effects were working which was good. Rode in the front row for the first time, makes a great ride even better. [*]Can recommend the nachos at the Dirty Harry Bar. Beer was priced ok too. [*]Every second person was carrying a Tweety sports bottle because of the $7.95 unlimited refills. Using the same bottle for frozen coke was an odd choice though, not easy to spoon out. $7.95 seems a bit too cheap to me.

Not to worried about the blade on Scooby as MW have showed time and time again that they interested in reinvesting in their rides to keep them at their peak, so no doubt it will be fixed as soon as they can, even if they have to order parts in! Can I just ask when you say all effects are working on SE does that mean the steam effects are back, or still missing. If they're still gone then even if its a legitimate reason I still miss it. On audio, GL even though it is hit and miss still, I think at some point they will be able to fix the bugs and have it running on all trains at all times. AA I think it would have been cool to have it going during the whole ride, but then I can't help but think with the noise of the ride you wouldn't be able to hear it!!

RE: Superman - the effects in the pre-show, last time I went the water wasn't working although it's probably been fixed for ages. Forgot to mention about Scooby Doo, there were no voices in the lift. They seem to have stopped work on Chinatown too, didn't look much different from what I could see.

Edited by westical

At my last visit a bit over a week ago I got 1 from 2 for audio on GL. It's definitley there, just not consistent. Superman, yeah it was all going except for the long gone steam. The water dump was going. The "blue flower" light where superman flies in before the launch is still gone, but I think most would agree that is an enhancement. Re Frozen cokes in Sports bottles, I'd just open the main lid and stick a frozen drink straw in and drink it that way. I don't think its too cheap at all though, considering its mid winter and they are convincing people to consume a lot of soft drink with the promotion! Selling Frozen Coke in winter is akin to selling ice to eskimos, and they've done it! I finally saw Ice Age. Its not bad and didn't really feel disjointed or anything. The thing I like about these abridged 3d films (JTTCOTE, Happy Feet, this) is that I now no longer feel the need to see the full length versions. :)

Yeah no projection, but that's always been hit & miss. Good point about it being winter, although I voluntarily bought a non-unlimited frozen coke so must be an eskimo :blush: Didn't get around to seeing Ice Age so will have to put that on the list for next time. Couldn't really tell what they were doing with Wayne Manor.

Edited by westical

• 2 months later...

MW 15/10/2012 Most of this is probably old but you'll get over it -

• [*]All the effects working on Superman, projected red/blue circle that's meant to be Superman flying past is very realistic. [*]Nice to see automated ticket machines have been installed, doesn't affect annual pass holders like me but it makes sense to have them. [*]Also nice to see that they now serve "western style" food in the Wild West Roadhouse, although I stuck to my new favourite being the fully loaded nachos. [*]Looks like the unlimited frozen coke is now served in souvenir cups rather than sipper bottles which makes more sense. [*]I found Ice Age to be one of the rougher 4D rides that I've been on, they weren't afraid to use the water sprayers either. Shame about the fairly barebones preshow area, but I guess it's cheaper when you replace the movie every couple of years rather than have long termers like Shrek. [*]Speaking of Shrek, its old shop is closed and no longer used for selling "cheap" merchandise. The shop next to Take One is also closed, although for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

That shop was "Dance Heads". Re the theatre preshow, I do think it does the job of looking nice and classic and classy. The park has the 3D theatre, so they shoulp keep it ticking over, but at the same time people have 3D TVs at home now, so I don't think it's worth going too overboard with a themed preshow room etc. At least now all they have to do is switch out the backlit posters and that's about it. I think the steam in the attraction is gone for good.

Edited by Gazza