New Dreamworld Attraction

Bmull19

And boy does that annoy me. People have become SO FRIGGIN CHEAP these days!

But this is the hole that the parks have dug for themselves with the VIP passes and so on. We understand it was to keep the parkz afloat during a financially difficult time, but this was always going to be an issue come the time to phase them out. Why would people pay more money for something the parkz have given them for so long at such a cheap price?

I know Buzzsaw is a thrill ride that is less than 12 months old, I just think it has died very quickly. I love the ride, but It's something I only think about doing once a day. Just my opinion..

Yeah but you were saying there was nothing for the thrill seekers. Repeat, nothing, and that simply isn't true. Remember that some people might only come to qld once per year, if that, so the run off a new attraction should be at least that long to capture more of the market. Once they've all had their holidays etc, then you build a new once to get them to all come back again.

But this is the hole that the parks have dug for themselves with the VIP passes and so on. We understand it was to keep the parkz afloat during a financially difficult time, but this was always going to be an issue come the time to phase them out. Why would people pay more money for something the parkz have given them for so long at such a cheap price?

Yep you're right. Totally agree. I think they should wean them off slowly by lifting the price a bit more each year. I mean, aren't families getting enough handouts and bonuses from the Government now to afford this stuff? PS xRazzBerryx - Don't get your hopes up about the new attraction

I think buzz saw is an awesome ride, it looks crap from the outside but the ride experience is pretty hardcore. It's just a little bit of too little too late. The park has some work to do it pull itself out of a hole. But to be fair people were saying this about the other parks a couple years ago so...

I don't think that Buzzsaw is a total failure of a ride. It's too short to be considered a rollercoaster imo, so if you consider it a flat ride....it works. Being upside down at such a height with ONLY a lap bar is pretty intense. And a lot of the general public still believe it's the 'scariest ride' ever....so it definitely made an impact. Yes, it's a one trick pony, but I think it does that one trick well. As with all gimmicks though, they become boring. And to me, Buzzsaw got old very quickly. But as Gazza said, most people would only make a trip to the themeparks maybe once a year, if that. So buying a thrill ride on the cheap in order to capture the market for that one year is probably worth it in managements eyes. I know we say it all the time, but here's hoping that whatever Dreamworld builds next should be something of quality and substance; just like the recent renovation of nick central.

Edited by Luke

I'm looking forward to the day Dreamworld finally wake up and smell the roses that a replica of Kingda-Ka(or Top Thrill Dragster) would be perfect for their park.... Perhaps they could add an extra foot to the height and get the record for the biggest drop in the world.

Two of the most stupidest things the park could do now. They are needing something to stand out from the competition down the road and attract guests. Installing a ride that will have massive downtime (you are lieing if you say otherwise) and bolting on a few metres of track to a drop ride are a complete waste of money. For the pricing of a KK clone and tacking onto the drop you could build one of these Wingriders that almost every US and Europe major chain is buying/has purchased. There is so much that can be done for the cost of these two things. Cut 5-10 million out of the amount and you are still able to get one hell of a "full size" wooden coaster. Their next attraction needs to be well thought out and built within a reasonable timeframe. So what if it is done a month or two early. Better than it not being complete when opening like recent additions/changeovers. Dreamworks and Buzzsaw show they still care about themeing it is a matter of them choosing rides that have lasting appeal and have people running back onto to compliment the effort put into it. If they do put the effort into themeing and storyline make sure people are aware of it without having to visit a website or read a large amount of text posted on a sign.

they should rip down(if nessecery, which seems to be the case) Eureka Mountain and rebuid it totally as a Vekoma Mine Train with a meaner theme to fit with the Buzzsaw. Keep the name of it the same, possibly even the track layout(especially if they decide to keep the building itself)

When you consider what a wild mouse is, and then consider what a Vekoma Mine Train is, this would be impossible.

I would like the idea of a Woodie in australia, but I think if dreamworld wants to improve themeing, they should rip down(if nessecery, which seems to be the case) Eureka Mountain and rebuid it totally as a Vekoma Mine Train with a meaner theme to fit with the Buzzsaw. Keep the name of it the same, possibly even the track layout(especially if they decide to keep the building itself), but use state of the art effects and animatronics to make it a real killer dark-ride again. With the building already existing, they could refurbish it and use it again within a few months, just like Movie World are doing to Batman. Perhaps they could even make it bigger. I would support either one. The woodie would probably go out near the Log Ride....

I'm guessing you are young and still in school. to build a ride within the mountain in 3 months would be impossible. it would be a massive task trying to redo the track on existing supports. the ride and the building have been left to rot for to long. its sad because the mine ride was one of my favourite rides but just the location alone makes it very hard to build something to match what the ride used to be.

I would like the idea of a Woodie in australia, but I think if dreamworld wants to improve themeing, they should rip down(if nessecery, which seems to be the case) Eureka Mountain and rebuid it totally as a Vekoma Mine Train with a meaner theme to fit with the Buzzsaw. Keep the name of it the same, possibly even the track layout(especially if they decide to keep the building itself), but use state of the art effects and animatronics to make it a real killer dark-ride again. With the building already existing, they could refurbish it and use it again within a few months, just like Movie World are doing to Batman. Perhaps they could even make it bigger. I would support either one. The woodie would probably go out near the Log Ride....

I'm guessing you are young and still in school. to build a ride within the mountain in 3 months would be impossible. it would be a massive task trying to redo the track on existing supports. the ride and the building have been left to rot for to long. its sad because the mine ride was one of my favourite rides but just the location alone makes it very hard to build something to match what the ride used to be.

I'm pretty the new attraction is Kung Fu Panda land, on the press release it says - Kung Fu Panda land will be completed in late 2012 featuring brand new rides and attractions. There was no official date for September so while you guys are wondering what the attraction will be i'd just think about it before you get too excited.

Edited by kujotess

I went to a presentation by Todd Coates yesterday at Skypoint and some key points arose: -Wiggles World is getting a new ride -Avalanche will close down after the July holidays and a new ride will take its place (one that has a mild and wilder ride setting, for both kids and teens) in the Po's Garden area -He admitted that Dreamworld slackened off a couple of years ago -Passholders will be able to attend special Big Brother Events for free -Illumination is back for the Holidays

I bet the Wiggles new ride will be a re-theme of the Big Red Car. I wonder what the new ride is replacing Avalanche.

Turning Captain Sturt Boat into a big RED Boat and have the wiggles playing :P Or Captain Feathersword Ship! Edited by Randy23