New Dreamworld Attraction

Bmull19

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/ Love this quote and agree with it 100%. I think a bit too often money gets spent on random shit that nobody really asked for. I mean, a whole community might campaign for better facilities at a school, and get knocked back. But at the same time some programs tend to get money out of the blue, seemingly without anyone actually calling for it.

Well to be honest, both state and federal governments have grants programs that can be applied to. I'm sure, given the sensitivities that the government shows towards indigenous culture, that a grants program along the lines of education and promotion of indigenous culture would exist. I'm also sure that an application proposing development of a tourist attraction both promoting and educating people about indigenous culture would be successful in its application for such a grant. The point is - when it comes to grants - there are organisations out there whose sole purpose is to assist people in preparing grants applications. In a volunteer organisation I work with, they wanted to build a kitchen - and applied for a grant from the local council as they had only a fridge, sink and microwave in a very hodge-podge fashion. Council knocked them back. In a recent presentation night, members of the council were invited, and served cold food, with little preparation. The kitchen was approved the next day. Any interested person can get information about the grants handed out by state or federal government by going to the right sources... at the end of the day, the majority of australians elected the current government, and therefore - the decisions made by them can be either liked, or lumped.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so.. everyone is obviously loving Seaworld, Movieworld and WnW's new rides that are planned for 2012 and 2013 (and trust me im loving them too!). I just wanted to ask about dreamworld's new attraction. Has anybody been down to dreamworld lately and seen the construction? or demolition of the avalanche? Have they kept the mountain for the new attraction?

When I was there 2 weeks ago avalanche had been gutted, but the mountain was still there and didn't appear to be in the process of being demolished. I also noticed a sign on the dodgems saying "This attraction is closing soon to be replaced" or something. Anyone seen that?

Wait a minute... so this dreamworld "new attraction" isn't Po's Garden like most of us thought it was???? I should have kept an eye on this thread!! So now we have most of the major parks working on big New attractions? and even rumors of LPM replacing the Metropolis..... Have Dreamworld officially announced anything beyond the "new attraction" announcement that I thought was for Po's?

Or it's possibly being demolished to PUT IN the "garden" maybe?

Wait a minute... so this dreamworld "new attraction" isn't Po's Garden like most of us thought it was???? I should have kept an eye on this thread!! So now we have most of the major parks working on big New attractions? and even rumors of LPM replacing the Metropolis..... Have Dreamworld officially announced anything beyond the "new attraction" announcement that I thought was for Po's?

No, 99% sure it is going to be in Po's Garden ;) It even says on the website and they told us earlier in the year that po's garden will be finished late 2012. I think this new attraction will be a well themed kids ride. And seeing as they are removing the dodgems and possibly domolishing the shop, I'm thinking of 2 well themed attractions :) (maybe 3?)

No, 99% sure it is going to be in Po's Garden ;) It even says on the website and they told us earlier in the year that po's garden will be finished late 2012. I think this new attraction will be a well themed kids ride. And seeing as they are removing the dodgems and possibly domolishing the shop, I'm thinking of 2 well themed attractions :) (maybe 3?)

Has there been confirmation the dodgems are going??

Has there been confirmation the dodgems are going??

post-2699-0-35188900-1343812791_thumb.jp

From the pic, it seems the sign previously located outside the Avalanche is now on the outside of the dodgems building. However, the Dreamworld maintenance page seems to indicate that the dodgems will be around in November.

The following rides and attractions will be closed for scheduled maintenance:

• [*]5 to 9 November - Bumper Beach
Edited by themeparkgc

• 4 weeks later...

That would a stupid move when they already have the Puss in Boots Swings. I reckon that would fit better in Movie World or Sea World. But if Dreamworld didn't already have the swings it would be pretty cool. Actually I didn't know it when up and down while on a fast swing, so I guess it would be cool if they built that. The topple tower has a similarity to the Claw and the Shockwave too so yeah lol.

Edited by kujotess

Would be cool if it was like the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shell Shock" GerstLauer Sky Fly ride where the "thrill factor" depends on how the person on the ride is feeling.... I like that idea of being able to personally control how thrilling the ride could be. I'd just lean all the way over to the left and let it rip! Now that would be something I would want to actually go back to Dreamworld just to ride....

I just watched a video and all it looked like they were doing was swaying their carriages left and right?

Would be cool if it was like the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shell Shock" GerstLauer Sky Fly ride where the "thrill factor" depends on how the person on the ride is feeling....

Interesting that you say that. Because according to Screamscape, " (8/16/12) Dreamworld is said to have removed their Avalanche ride (Bertazzon Matterhorn) to make way for a new ride in the Kung Fu Panda area of the Dreamworks Experience. Rumor says it may be a Gerstlauer Sky Fly attraction." - http://screamscape.com/html/dreamworld.htm Screamscape rumours are pretty accurate, so look out for this particular ride or something similar for summer. From the TMNT vid, it seems like a load of fun, especially for the market that the ride is aimed at. Plus it'll complement the other rides in that area well. I would have liked the dreamworks re-theme and the new ride to have opened at the same time. But then again, it is smart how they used/are going to use the Dreamworks re-theme for both Easter holiday period and the coming Summer school holiday period. Edited by Luke