New Dreamworld Attraction

Bmull19

Plus, doesn't DW have more than enough flats as it is?

True that! DW likes them because they are generally the cheapest and easiest option. They certainly don't need MORE flats but they are clearly not willing to build new coasters or rides with any length. It seems the Aussie public is still impressed by flats unfortunately - judging by the reception the Claw received. If anything, it's MW that could do with a couple more flats, not DW

I find it interesting that A] Dreamworld is adding a new big 8 thrill ride in what is supposedly a kids/family area and B] Adding a new thrill ride outside of their normal 3-5 year time frame ie. Buzzsaw was what, only a year ago? Pressure from Village much?

Edited by GoGoBoy

A Sky Fly this isn't. Definitely a Zamperla Air Race. This is barely, barely a major attraction. If this counts as a "big 8 thrill ride", then the Reef Diver and River Rapids count to by comparison alone. Looking forward to Dreamworld advertising this as an epicly huge ride and then watching Dreamworld's CSR quickly plummet when people realise it isn't.

I'm pretty pleased with this. Sure, a Sky Fly may have been better, but this is pretty good. And no it's not a super thrilling ride, but being part of the kids area it'd have to be family friendly - a ride like the Giant Drop would be very out of place. It's certainly more of a thrill ride than the Motocoaster, that's for sure.

Have I got the wrong Zamperla Air Race? Looks pretty thrilling/unfamily friendly to me:

That's the one. See, I totally get that it's thrilling and that jazz, but we're putting a ride in a kid's area and calling it a thrill ride when there's other rides in the park that are either as thrilling (Rapids Ride) or invert (Reef Diver). What i'm getting at is counting it as a big 8 thrill ride to push your return on investment and stretch your advertising dollar seems to be a very silly thing to do.

That's the one. See, I totally get that it's thrilling and that jazz, but we're putting a ride in a kid's area and calling it a thrill ride when there's other rides in the park that are either as thrilling (Rapids Ride) or invert (Reef Diver). What i'm getting at is counting it as a big 8 thrill ride to push your return on investment and stretch your advertising dollar seems to be a very silly thing to do.

I agree. I'm sure the capital spend on this alone would be small enough to NOT classify it as one of their 'big' rides. But this is not surprising as DW are trying to compete with the massive capex Village are spending, but they are doing it in their own cheap way. Naturally they will try and get away with making things sound better than they are