New Dreamworld Attraction

Bmull19

I have faith that this will be a great addition to Dreamworld's flat ride lineup. You may say it's not on the level to be a Big X Thrill Ride, but it's certainly more than I expected from the Kung Fu Panda land. Plus Zamperla make some great flat rides.

Totally agree 100% Alex!! I too think that this will be a great addition to the park's lineup. Dreamworld have plenty of problems and Movieworld may be ahead in the competition stakes, but i feel that this is a very good step in the right direction!! Now if we can have a new coaster to replace the much lamented and long gone Eureka Mine train and suddenly Dreamworld looks like it will be in serious business again and will draw back to an even keel with Movieworld. The Air Race is an Australian first, the ride itself is of a fairly new design and it looks like it provides a quite thrilling ride. I am still sceptical as to its "Big 8" status but the general public are going to love it!! It will be interesting to see what Dreamworld do with this ride marketing wise. If they play their cards right, this ride could have a bigger impact on the general public's psyche- more so than what has been done with Justice League- which has been underwhelming, to say the least.

If they play their cards right, this ride could have a bigger impact on the general public's psyche- more so than what has been done with Justice League- which has been underwhelming, to say the least.

That would be a terrible outcome for Movie World - especially considering Justice League cost around $9million whereas this Zamperla ride is likely to be significantly less

That would be a terrible outcome for Movie World - especially considering Justice League cost around $9million whereas this Zamperla ride is likely to be significantly less

Don't get me wrong, I am not commenting on the merits on which ride is better , just on the way that they are both perceived by the general public and the marketing campaigns involved for each. In my mind, Movieworld have been a little off the mark in their promotion of Justice League, and I don't think that the ride has made as big an impact with the general public as has been anticipated. This leaves a golden opportunity for Dreamworld to go on the front foot to really promote and highlight their new attraction, one that is essentially far cheaper and on certain levels, inferior, to Movieworld's Justice League.

Don't get me wrong, I am not commenting on the merits on which ride is better , just on the way that they are both perceived by the general public and the marketing campaigns involved for each. In my mind, Movieworld have been a little off the mark in their promotion of Justice League, and I don't think that the ride has made as big an impact with the general public as has been anticipated. This leaves a golden opportunity for Dreamworld to go on the front foot to really promote and highlight their new attraction, one that is essentially far cheaper and on certain levels, inferior, to Movieworld's Justice League.

I agree with everything you just said. Well put

I wouldn't say that, I'd say they're apethetic towards it. When making a decision which parks to go to, it wouldn't affect their decision either way, but most would enjoy it if they went to Movie World and incidentally rode it.... And anyway it's rather obvious the ride was designed to be a "whole family" high capacity ride rather than appeal to the "thrill seekers". So Movie World might not be unhappy at all over how it's been positioned as a "soft" thrill ride with plenty of themes.

That's the issue. If I was Movie World's marketing manager I would have been going ALL out promoting this thing as a great family ride/experience. After the recent addition of Green Lantern, people were crying out for something all the family can go on. Movie World delivered this. But you'd hardly know it based on the marketing. You'd think it was a failed 'thrill' ride (if you knew it was there at all!!) Edited by GoGoBoy

Well I also was kindof referring to length obviously(in comparison to say the Superman Ultimate Flight) Geeze do you have to spell out everything for everyone...

First off, Superman Ultimate Flight isn't even a Skyloop. It's a completely different model by a completely different company. The only Maurer Skyloop that is longer than Buzzsaw is Abismo at Parque de Atracciones Madrid (sp?), the rest are identical to Buzzsaw.

Back on topic - for anyone who has doubts about the Zamperla Air Race, watch this from 7:00.

Looks pretty fun if you ask me! As I said before, Zamperla make great flat rides. I really enjoy their Power Surge rides among others, so I have faith that this will be a great new addition to Dreamworld's already world class flat ride collection. Now they just need to work on their less than world class coaster collection ;)