New Dreamworld Attraction

Bmull19

He has come up from Bridge Climb Sydney and is an old Wonderland Executive. He said in all its years of operation that Wonderland never made a profit. The new attraction where avalanche is now will be for both kids and teens apparently... something along the lines of you pick your own ride. In regards to his comments about the mistakes he said that they had a period of under investment 3-4 years ago. He also mentioned that their beef patties were only 30% beef, however they are in the process of rolling out 100% beef :-) He also said they have been spending a bit upgrading the back of house, with new kitchens in their main food service areas.

Sorry if it has already been posted, but based on the 'choose your own ride' idea and the space available, could it be one of these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMauOKt26jM

Considering it looks like crap, and would be almost impossible to theme decently; I'm gunna have to say it's definately going to be that.

To be honest Dreamworld should use their own IP to get people in the gate and not have to build a ride around a movie/franchise outside of kids areas. We have AVPX and a V8 ride stuck in the middle of Ocean Parade. You tell me movie and other licensed IP works well in an area full of generic names attractions (Claw, Wipeout, Cyclone, Reef Diver). People constantly complain about DC rides taking over movie world then suggest something that will have the same effect at Dreamworld. Seriously, what the fuck!?!?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the news I have been waiting for. I'm going to pre-purchase my tickets today "THE Federal Government has given Dreamworld $1.1 million to boost indigenous tourism through an Aboriginal culture and Australian wildlife showcase. The Coomera theme park is one of four Australian tourist attractions to receive the Strategic Tourism Investment Grant. The grant was matched by parent company Ardent Leisure and the $2.2 million will be used to convert the park's wildlife experience into an Australian Aboriginal wildlife experience. The transformation has been planned for more than two years and the first stage should be complete late next year. Tourism Minister Martin Ferguson expects the drawcard to lure more tourists to the city and Dreamworld hopes its visitors will enjoy the Coast's indigenous community. Mr Ferguson said the Gold Coast's indigenous attractions already brought in more than $1 billion every year -- a figure he hoped would grow with the installation of Dreamworld's new project. "It is clear from our work internationally and domestically that people want to be exposed to and experience indigenous tourism," he said. "More Australians want to see indigenous experience and see the indigenous employed." Dreamworld owners have worked closely with the Yugambeh people and inbound tourism operators, particularly from Asia, to ensure the new attraction meets visitor expectations. The transformation comes after two years of Dreamworld senior staff working with local indigenous people to forge a strong relationship. In 2011 Dreamworld became the first leisure-based tourist attraction to launch a Reconciliation Action Plan." (gold coast news)

Bad move Dreamworld. Majority of people aren't Aboriginal and couldnt give a rats a$$. Sorry if thats not politically correct but its true.

You obviously missed the word "Asia" in there. When asians come over they want the full aussie treatment, so boomerangs, roo's and emu's, and drop bears; the full treatment. And how is it a bad move? Are people going to stop going because of this? No, it's not America. Also some Aboriginals do/will care; mainly the ones who embrace the culture (not the stereotypes). I for one am really intersted in what chages come and hope we get a giant bunyip outta it. Also can someone please PM me what Kujotess said? I'm interested to know....

as jjuttp mentioned, Its not about attracting Indigenous people, its about attracting tourist with Indigenous culture. I think its a great move to educate tourist about Australia's traditional custodians who have inhabited and cared for this land for thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of years. Asian tourist LOVE Indigenous culture - the same can't be said about the majority of Non-Indigenous Australians unfortunately.

Soooo...world's first aboriginal themed coaster ;) I think yes

Well I always thought about that actually. Theres lots of Dreamtime stories that would make great themes. First Australian Aborginal themed coaster defiantly, African Aboriginal theme has been done with Black Mamba at Phantasialand
Edited by zane

Ok, I think it's cool that they're actually doing something with their wildlife zone. But why did the Federal Government give 1.1 million of >our< dollars for them to do it? Government is too secret and hush hush about things, nobody even knew about this in time to say "wait hang on, why"

First Australian Aborginal themed coaster defiantly,

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

But why did the Federal Government give 1.1 million of >our< dollars for them to do it? Government is too secret and hush hush about things, nobody even knew about this in time to say "wait hang on, why"

Love this quote and agree with it 100%. I think a bit too often money gets spent on random shit that nobody really asked for. I mean, a whole community might campaign for better facilities at a school, and get knocked back. But at the same time some programs tend to get money out of the blue, seemingly without anyone actually calling for it.

This is pretty good as the area needs something of a refresh but as theme park fans it wont really bring any excitement or something to keep going back for. Its all about the overseas tourists and it wont hurt local Aussies having a look as we all might learn something besides the native stereo types. All for it, good move Dreamworld.

Soooo...world's first aboriginal themed coaster ;) I think yes

i came up with one for my DT major last year.... B&M Dive named "Dreamtime" It starts underground , where the que is a large cave with the Dreamtime stories engraved into the walls. Then when loaded into the train you get boosted into a small bunny hop taking you above ground, then back under. Straight into the lift from here, where you reach the point and dive into the mouth of a Bunyip (which has the parks Indian Express passing through the sides). You then fly out the back and into a Zero-G roll and up a small hill that turns you in an "inverted corkscrew" fashion. Flying out of this and a banked right turn into the Ali Baba Serpent with more Aboriginal paintings. Out the back you come kicking up water , then up a small trail/hill left by the snake and into a loop over the path with a Yowie (complete with stench) hanging from it. back to the ground and over a large bunny hill, you enter a slight braked slope surrounded by trees. These trees contain the Yarrameyahoo (eats and regurgitates you several times before actually eating you....) where you see him/it eating someone (animatronic) then spitting him out. You encounter 3 of these then reach the end of the run and then get launched into a heavily over banked U-Turn back to the station. I also envisioned (but didn't install) an Intamin Launched Tower Thinggy (also partly underground) but with WAY more "Movie Magic" called "Drop Bear" (no points for guessing the car).........

I'm thinking a coaster with this theme might not be so great because it will have constant downtime (ie never work), the government will have to keep giving dreamworld handouts to try and get it going, people will constantly use it as the but of their jokes and the final product with only fit the theme 1/16th despite costing as much as one that is the full theme.