New Dreamworld Attraction

Bmull19

There's a new attraction opening at Dreamworld, this Summer. I doubt it will be the Po garden thing, because that's meant to open before then, isn't it? And this seems to be unnamed. It can be seen on the home banner at www.dreamworld.com.au. Wonder what it could be. Maybe they have not announced what it is, so that people buy passes, then it's just a Shockwave replica.

You didn't hear about Mick Doohan's Dippin' Dots Rollercoaster? Will go to the park tomorrow and get pics of construction, promise. Does anyone else want photos of anything while i'm there?

The B&M Hyper? I think its called Mick Doohan's Fired Up Coaster; you start by going up a 1ft lift hill.....Yes thats right an ENTIRE 1ft, this is really new for DW. Then you get looped back to the station at a whopping 3kp/h -it too is a new record for Dreamworld , this is the fastest that ANY of their coasters have and ever will go. Thats directly from their FB page too....

The B&M Hyper? I think its called Mick Doohan's Fired Up Coaster; you start by going up a 1ft lift hill.....Yes thats right an ENTIRE 1ft, this is really new for DW. Then you get looped back to the station at a whopping 3kp/h -it too is a new record for Dreamworld , this is the fastest that ANY of their coasters have and ever will go. Thats directly from their FB page too....

Sounds like Teeny Weeny at Tusenfryd: tprscandidivv1448_158.jpg

I think it actually is the new Kungfu Panda Land coming because unlike Movie World they haven't said anything about it yet as it was set to open in September just like the Justice League ride. Also you would think they would advertise a new ride in September instead of it being in the Summer.

Seems like more of a reactive announcement rather then Movieworld's proactive announcement about Justic League. Surely this would have caught Dreamworld off gaurd to some extent. Theme Park's are nearly always working with some foresight into the future expansion plans for the park. Maybe this is a future project being brough forward to compete with JL? I dont expect much... Would need to be something fairly epic to compete with JL. I really cant see how Ardent Leisure would have any more additional capital expenditure after last years big spend.

Dreamworld didn't spend much last year only about 10 million when movieworld have spent over 20million in last 12 months so if village can spent it up do can Dreamworld. But I would like Them to spend 20 million on a large coaster they will turn the tide for them cause Dreamworld need to try and fight against movieworld as they have up the game and are smashing them with some new world class rides green lantern and justice league and a retheme arkham asylum against a carnival type disk o and and coaster that only goes in a circle

I just don't see Dreamworld doing it. Especially when they have already built Shockwave, Buzzsaw & Dreamworks in the last year. I'm pretty sure as far as Ardent/Dreamworld is concerned, the capex spent on these 3 attractions would have been intended to see them through the next 3 or so years with no other major new rides. That's just how they work unfortunately. Maybe this will teach them to actually choose DECENT rides when making their next purchase. My bet is on it being a minor attraction similar to Flowrider, AVPX, Redline etc. All the better for Movie World to show them up

Maybe Village planned it this way all along? Think about it... It becomes obvious to Village (as it was also the same as their own plan), that every 3 or so years each park added a new major attraction. Last year was that 'year', where we got BuzzSaw, Shockwave (and later on, Dreamworks). So, they all open their new attractions, then, without Dreamworld really 'expecting' it, they keep opening new attractions, catching Dreamworld by surprise. Just my reasoning :P

No I didn't but if Dreamworld wants to survive they need to spend as I always believed Dreamworld to be the number 1 park on the coast but in the last 12 months Dreamworld have slipped really bad and attendance is down(this is what I have heard from staff) and the best offering is Dreamworks which is amazing but it's a kids section and really so far nothing is truly new just new theming and down the ride even know movieworldhave closed two rides things are just getting better and better and they seem to realize that they need to spend money to make money and I remember reading that they are now planning to introduce a new ride/attraction every year for the next few years which is set to turn the heat on Dreamworld so it's going to be a tough time for them if they plan to build something big every 5 or 10 years. So I believe alot of people here and on the gold coast agree that to get our money something new that will attract customers will be needed and money cant be an issue or we will fall down the wonderland Sydney problem which has already started since they sold land to multiplex last year just like wonderland did with LG.

I just think Movieworld are smarter :) Spending money on one good attraction which is excellent for all ages..Where as dreamworld has spent their money on the kids area (which looks great, i know) and nothing for the thrill seekers. Yes, JL will not be a thrilling ride but it will definetely be enjoyable, thats for sure. Im hoping for a new attraction which will be for the older, more thrilling people. But I do doubt that :/

I'm looking forward to the day Dreamworld finally wake up and smell the roses that a replica of Kingda-Ka(or Top Thrill Dragster) would be perfect for their park.... Perhaps they could add an extra foot to the height and get the record for the biggest drop in the world.

Adding a foot/metre

I'm looking forward to the day Dreamworld finally wake up and smell the roses that a replica of Kingda-Ka(or Top Thrill Dragster) would be perfect for their park.... Perhaps they could add an extra foot to the height and get the record for the biggest drop in the world.

Adding a foot/metre of height will not make the Drop a better ride, nor make more visitors come to the park. Building a Kingda-Ka replica isn't feasible. Simple as that

<div></div> <p>I know some were dissapointed by Buzzsaw being a fairly simple ride, but the thing is less than 12 months old! I think it's being utterly unrealistic to say they should have opened another thrill ride in this timeframe.</p>

I know Buzzsaw is a thrill ride that is less than 12 months old, I just think it has died very quickly. I love the ride, but It's something I only think about doing once a day. Just my opinion..