Dreamworld mascot.

Hi everyone how are you all today? I've just fallen in love with Dreamworld all over again. Haven't been since I was a little girl. Wondering if you could help me trace back some info you guys sure know your stuff. How many days would you recommend to see the whole Dream World plus water park? Where did the name Dream World come from? Why did they get rid of the two loop roller coaster ? ( I'm showing my age now) I never knew it had gone? Is Big Brother 2012 going to be at Dreamworld this year? I've heard it's not What is the bear mascots name? Who are the bears mascots named after? I love the girl one so does my daughter. Thank you soo much for your help. We can't wait to get back there soon.

1- Hi, each of us are good, thanks. 2-I recommend you fall in love with the park in 5 years , as opposed to now, as we and the park itself are currently trying to boycott DW. 3-Yes. We do know our stuff. 4-About 2 days.... 1 per park 5-Not sure, but i think that it would have something to do with the fact that , that park would be the park of your dreams or something? 6-Thunderbolt, Age, and i believe that there were some problems and the manufacturer closed down. 7-Yes it is, Read the "Dreamworlds New Pass" thread. 8-Kenny? Everyone loves kenny. for the record Kenny's a Koala - and Koala's are not bears. Welcome.

I'm not as much of an expert as most of the people here, but I'll give it a shot. I think you could easily do both parks over a weekend - Dreamworld one day and WWW for a few hours the next, maybe return to DW to go on a couple of favourite rides afterwards. I don't think there's any particularly good reason why it's called Dream World. The Thunderbolt went in 2003 if I recall. I went on it a few months before it closed, it was very rough. As far as I'm aware, Big Brother will be at Dreamworld again/ The mascot was Kenny Koala, I'm not sure if he's there anymore. I'm positive the girl was Belinda.

How many days would you recommend to see the whole Dream World plus water park?

Two days One day at each park.

Where did the name Dream World come from?

I assume it came from the fact that when the park was first envisioned it was John Longhurst's dream. So when it was built it got called Dreamworld.

Why did they get rid of the two loop roller coaster ? ( I'm showing my age now) I never knew it had gone?

Age, it was in a horrible condition (trouble with getting repairs done without the manufacturer) by the end of its life and it was cheaper for Dreamworld to remove the coaster then try and fix it.

Is Big Brother 2012 going to be at Dreamworld this year? I've heard it's not

Yes it is once again at Dreamworld. Its even in the exact same building.

What is the bear mascots name? Who are the bears mascots named after? I love the girl one so does my daughter.

They are actually Koala's. Their names and Kenny and Belinda

We are boycotting them, because of terrible decisions made with the last (?) CEO. eg. Moving the cars to a place noone knows exists, and replacing it with a terrible coaster. Shock wave, and its lack of theming. Concrete:the ride. Redline. AVPX Mineride Capt. Sturt And did i mention the terrible coaster?

Why are you boycotting Dreamworld?.

Because some people just complain and complain and if the parks do something that isn't pointed at them they hate it and think its a bad idea. Many people don't like Dreamworld with many of their reasons for it being closing down rides and leaving them standing and adding rides that are not marketed towards them but more to people who only visit once every few years. These people also don't complain when Sea World and Movie World have been doing the same thing. (Not all of them but most) Wonder how long until someone strikes back.

We are boycotting them, because of terrible decisions made with the last (?) CEO. eg. Moving the cars to a place noone knows exists, and replacing it with a terrible coaster. Shock wave, and its lack of theming. Concrete:the ride. Redline. AVPX Mineride Capt. Sturt And did i mention the terrible coaster?

Do you mean to motocoaster? I rode on that yesterday for the first time and I didn't think it was that bad. Just a filler. Kinda does suck the many things that get closed down get left there but I guess it cost too much to remove it.

Because some people just complain and complain and if the parks do something that isn't pointed at them they hate it and think its a bad idea. Many people don't like Dreamworld with many of their reasons for it being closing down rides and leaving them standing and adding rides that are not marketed towards them but more to people who only visit once every few years. These people also don't complain when Sea World and Movie World have been doing the same thing. (Not all of them but most) Wonder how long until someone strikes back.

We did complain about MW, just not as much.... And yes, the Motocoaster.

Kkdreamspace..... What an interesting new member you are! Certainly have brought a smile to my face tonight. I'm not boycotting Dreamworld... I didn't realise there was a boycott in place lol. I like Dreamworld for what it is. I have low expectations of Dreamworld and can have just as good a day their as Movieworld! Welcome to the boards kk... Even if it is just a quick visit ;)

Dreamworld's days as the #1 theme park in Australia are well and TRULY behind. Over the past ten years, they have made some awful decisions - three very very average (and some below average) coasters in the form of the Motocoaster, Cyclone and Buzzsaw. They should have saved all that money and put it toward something *amazing* but they have treated the general public with contempt because in their opinion, they set the standard. In the same timeframe, Movie World installed the amazing Scooby Doo coaster, Superman coaster, Batwing and Green Lantern - with another amazing dark ride on the way. They went from being second to DW to being the clear cut winning park. And the future looks even brighter for MW while it looks very very bleak for DW given their incredibly poor investments and no clear vision for the park other than tear down nostalgia to make way for bright, colourful but average attractions. I will likely not return to DW for at least 5 years (my last trip was in 2009) or until they install something that grabs my interest. Movie World, for the first time, has me rushing to renew my VIP pass for the second year in a row :D #teamMW

Movieworld have definitely made better decisions in the last few years. Dreamworld need to sit up and take notice. I am neither team dw or mw. Competition is important though. For many years Dreamworld was number one and they did not expect Movieworld to make a splash but look what's happened. I suspect within thr next 18 months we will see some capital investment at Dreamworld begin and over the nex t5-10 years while Movieworld take a break. These things come in waves. It is great the Movieworld have upped the anti. In the long run its only going to make both parks better.

Movieworld have definitely made better decisions in the last few years. Dreamworld need to sit up and take notice. I am neither team dw or mw. Competition is important though. For many years Dreamworld was number one and they did not expect Movieworld to make a splash but look what's happened. I suspect within thr next 18 months we will see some capital investment at Dreamworld begin and over the nex t5-10 years while Movieworld take a break. These things come in waves. It is great the Movieworld have upped the anti. In the long run its only going to make both parks better.

I don't agree. Just look at all the decisions made by Dream world (doing everything as cheap as possible) to know that they're never going to inject a lot of money into the place of "expand" like MW did 5 years ago and are doing now. Plus they just spent a whopping $7 million (remember this is a lot of money for these tightasses) on the Crudsaw so don't expect any new "thrill" rides for at least 2-3 years. And when that time comes around, don't get your hopes up for anything good. Sorry to be negative but I'm just calling it as I see it. No agenda here.