Dreamworld 5 year plan - a challenge

As a relatively new member of this forum, I am frequently put off posting by the often bitter and sarcastic tone of some posts.

As a relatively new member (apparently) (we joined around the same time), I'm sure you'll get over it.

Sometimes, people may have heard something from a trusted staff member who is regarded as as a reliable source of accurate information. However the staff member may get in trouble is management becomes aware that they've released information that is supposed to be confidential. Therefore the information is shared anonymously to protect their jobs.

Then it's not really hard to say "a F&B staff member told me" "a cleaner told me" "a ride op told me" "a higher up person told me" - by simply saying that it comes across as somewhat more possibly credible, depending on source and if it was one of those people, then they aren't the only person in the business who knows about it and therefore they wouldn't be able to point the blame at someone.

Come on guys. If theme parks can't bring people together as friends in a spirit of innocent fun, I don't know what can!

Parties, movies, family gatherings, concerts, sporting events, I could list more if you like.

Sometimes, people may have heard something from a trusted staff member who is regarded as as a reliable source of accurate information. However the staff member may get in trouble is management becomes aware that they've released information that is supposed to be confidential. Therefore the information is shared anonymously to protect their jobs.

....... A staff member told me, that's all. Edited by JacobSibbald

Honestly I don't mind the sarcasm on this site. I haven't been offended by it, usually its pretty funny. I can say that this forum is a hell of a lot better than other sites as far as nastiness goes. At least Parkz doesn't have overloard dickhead moderators like some sites *COUGH* Themeparkreview *COUGH*

Didn't JacobSibbald say "That's all"? Don't take the bait JacobSibbald. This is just completely unnecessary and I can only imagine it is designed to stir up trouble, which again is completely unnecessary. I have now added reanimated and alex_1 to my "ignore users" list, as I just don't need to be dealing with such things..

Edited by pushbutton

Lifeguard. Walked up, asked, she told.

Thanks for the info Jacob. I am sorry but I agree with Reanimated here. If you present info as important as that , then of course the natural reaction of posters on this forum is going to be to ask you the source. We are not putting you into the category of RWC-heaven forfend anyone be likened to that idiot!!, but as has been stated before, if you are going to put yourself out there as the progenitor of said information, then you must be prepared to back it up with something solid. If you had stated that the info you had was from an unsubtantiated source ( which it is) and is to be treated as a rumour ( which at the moment it is) rather than quoting it as being certain to happen, then I am sure we would have all accepted that as being quite reasonable. Staff members are always quoting rumours and tidbits of info from every park and its hard to work out what is real and what is wishful thinking. If this particular rumour turns out to be true, then I will be the first to congratulate you on bringing forward the scoop first!! But in no way let this detract you from posting and getting involved in the forums- this type of rumour and speculation is what this board thrives on and keeps the forums alive!! Thanks for that!! :)

We try to moderate as little as possible. Everyone should be mature enough to get along and sort their own stuff out. That's what I like about this site (and a few others I frequent) and it won't change soon. I try to avoid the hey I know this but can't say why posts but sometimes you just can't help it. However if you post something that seems highly unlikely or even can be disputed I'd be prepared for some backlash.

^ KidWrappedInBubbleWrap_zpsbf5fc162.jpg On topic - I choose to take the lifeguard's word as complete BS - that's nothing against the poster, that's my opinion as I feel unless they have some kind of 'in' with management they aren't going to know shit. In saying that if that is true, they would be better off dropping the $25m on one thing and getting something decent for once. With all the flats Dreamworld comes across as a permanent "fun park" or hell, it's beginning to look like something I'd make in RCT and we all know how terrible that is!

To be honest it may well be true and just not time accurate. When a park is getting a new attractions, little details do tend to filter down to front line staff, they just don't always have the complete picture of timing, firm budgets, etc.

Yeah I'm talking about in the timeframes posted. I have no doubt dreamworld would be looking to drop $25m on extra rides somewhere within the next 5 or so years. Dreamworld just seem to keep falling further and further behind. When was the last time they added something that wasn't a flat ride? (I'm counting Buzzsaw as a flat while I know it's not, it may as well be)

I was told this year, but maybe it's over the next couple of years.

Well I think it's very accurate, and this certain person seemed very confident and knowledgeable.

So at first you suggest you have doubts about it being this year, now you're saying you believe it to be edit "very" accurate. Which is it? Edited by reanimated35

So at first you suggest you have doubts about it being this year, now you're saying you believe it to be edit "very" accurate. Which is it?

Exactly. You were "told this year" You say you believe the information to be 'very accurate' now, however when you first posted it you seemed to doubt it by saying 'maybe over the next couple of years'

Lifeguard. Walked up, asked, she told.

I'm just trying to get my head around all this.... You just RANDOMLY walked up to a lifeguard and said 'hey - is the park next door (they are separate gates) getting new rides this year? And can you tell me how much they are going to spend?' ...and out of the blue, this female lifeguard volunteers that they're getting two new rides, and planning to spend $25M on them, and you took that as fact because she appeared to be very confident and knowledgeable? Far be it from me to suggest an element of theming in Dreamworld or WhitewaterWorld... but these people are not staff, they are 'cast members'. They don't 'work', they 'put on a show'. On top of that, they probably get harangued by 12 year olds (not suggesting you are) every day, and have developed a knack for the deadpan delivery of ludicrous information to stir the pot. I know a former Wonderland cast member *cough*daniel*cough* that is well renowned for stirring the pot. Jacob - the lesson here is a simple one. Present something as it should be - for example - the way ScreamScape present things... Post 1: RUMOR: Word from a lifeguard in WhiteWaterWorld is that Dreamworld is looking at two major CAPEX for a total of $25M this year Post 2: RUMOR: We're getting rumblings from other sources that the $25M CAPEX for Dreamworld is looking shaky at best, with nothing reported in the ASX reports for Ardent leisure this year. Post 3: CONFIRMED - Capex not going ahead... Reanimated's call of *bullshit* verified by park management in a press release distributed today by telepathy. Ok - so not necessarily in that rigid structure, but if its a rumor - present it that way. if it's your own thought, observation or opinion... present it that way. If its in a press release, or media statement, or it's been photographed (and you have the photos) then by all means shout it from the rooftop that you were the first to discover this apparently awesome news - because if its a press release, photo, media statement etc, it's not 'inventing' a rumor - its presenting something that HAS happened.

I'm not going to try get all "mean" (because pushbutton would just be horrified by that) but I highly doubt what the person told you is legitimate if they told you to keep it a secret. If a staff member had a legitimate piece of information on a future attraction I highly doubt they'd tell a member of the public and then tell them to keep it a secret.