What should MW and DW's next roller coasters be?

POP

For me... MW = a woodie in the western area to give that area another ride and plus Australia doesn't really have a woodie (i don't think) so it would be unique - at least to the coast parks. DW = B&M something like Leviathan in Canada's Wonderland which looks *amazing*. Of course, those two likely won't happen given the parks tiny budgets but if they had the money those would be the rides they should get imo.

Of course, those two likely won't happen given the parks tiny budgets but if they had the money those would be the rides they should get imo.

I know it has been mentioned before, but a GCI Big Fun wouldn't blow the budget for MW or DW. I'm pretty sure the price tag was around US$3 million. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pee7s7cbWm8

It's both actually. But I mean fantasy should also mix with reality shouldn't it because if these parks were smart, they WOULD put up the $$ for a big new ride each. The parks could be taking a lot more people but they're only as a big as they want to be and if they don't expand they won't grow. Simples.

It wouldn't blow the budget however it is designed for smaller parks like Aussie World and not a park like Movie World or Dreamworld where high capacity rides are required.

Last time I checked Dreamworld don't care about capacity, *cough* Buzzsaw *cough*.

How much does a decent woodie cost? I think it would fit Dreamworld and the Goldrush area well. Or maybe a Mine Ride/Scooby type coaster. Would love either, especially if they're themed well. Once MW gets Justice League, they'll be quite a well rounded park IMO, so anything could be next! It doesn't necessarily have to be a roller coaster. Log ride, dark ride, woodie would all be welcome. Maybe something in the vein of Disneyland's Indiana Jones? (Less extravagant obviously)

A Wooden Coaster would defiantly fit in well near the log ride - Balder at Liseberg (Intamin - Prefab) was built in 2003 at round 9-10mill which dreamworld could possibly afford. The only problem I see (and its been mentioned by others on the forums) is the upkeep costs of a Wooden Coaster 87dq000i23mq2fu722mo1g.jpg

Unfortunately there's an element of truth to what he said. I somehow doubt MW and DW would put in a wooden coaster over a steel coaster for the same price because there is a good chunk of the general population who wouldn't be bothered with an "old looking wooden coaster". DW seem to recognise this too, I mean they did put in a big circular steel coaster in the gold rush area lol.

Typed into YouTube 'worst roller coaster ever' and then tell me what thumbnails show up first.

Going off your attitude toward them I'm going to guess you haven't been on one. I think you should keep your judgment until you actually ride a modern wooden coaster - I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.