What should MW and DW's next roller coasters be?

POP

On topic, I dont see it happening but I would love Dreamworld to buy a GCI Big Fun. Realistically I dont see MW or DW getting a new coaster in the near future.

I'd rather Aussie World got a big fun (as many people have been saying) and Dreamworld got a full sized GCI, or, even better, an Intamin Prefab, considering how Dreamworld seem to be buddies with Intamin. Edited by alex_1

I wouldnt count on a new rollercoaster for oxenford anytime soon. Over the next 5 years I expect that mw will focus on adding the kind of new attractions that will balance the park in every way imaginable as well as broaden the appeal of its brand. Without question they have an instant hit with justice league, certain to be the new favourite of many. Im so glad they made this decision because it will open peoples perception of what to expect in a theme park and that there is more to them nowadays. Not just high priced shit food, rollercoasters and spin-&-spews. Dont get me wrong I LOVE a good rollercoaster, dont even mind the occasional twirly ride, but everything in balance. That's what makes a good Theme park. Justice league's success will determine what type of attraction will take place of the toon shed, in turn shall also finally decide the fate of bermuda. If the dinosoars in the park havent already offered a clue, more important to see if the public approve first.. Call it a trial?;-) if a park needed a new coaster, SW is it. MW has 5 and all unique. A different direction for them now is a fitting 5 year plan. This is the kind of strategy needed for Coomera. A vision that can take DW into a bright big beautiful tomorrow. Aussie are travelling overseas now more than ever and Disney has suddenly got much closer for many. Only a few.years ago it was but a dream for most. DW needs to go back to its origins and return to being a THEME PARK as opposed to a FUN PARK.. Fun parks close down. History has shown that. If DWs next major attraction must be a coaster then its gotta have theme and imersion. A mine ride that's also a dark ride is logical.pick ur design, mouse, spinner, just give it some show! That's what DW needs. Personally id rather they built a highly themed interactive dark ride next over a coaster but only if the did it with a respectful budget and careful planning

• 5 months later...

Dreamworld need to knock down Blue Lagoon and build a wooden rollercoaster. They also need to build a big steal coaster over where the Thunderbold used to be and maybe go through Whitewater World that is bigeer than any Movie World coaster. Whitewater World should become part of Dreamworld included in Dreamworld entry price.

I honestly think Cyclone will be the next to go. It's unpopular, it seems to break down frequently (especially during rain, been stuck on the lifthill three times) and has poor capacity, though then again so do all of Dreamworld's coasters. Who knows what would replace that? Probably an extension to WWW, though a new coaster in that spot would be great, it'd be a decent amount of free space so they could easily fit a kickass new coaster there.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it was pretty safe. The thing about Cyclone is that so much has been built around it now, that if you were to get rid of it, it wouldn't be a simple task to replace it with something else. In a ideal world I'd say it could use a second train and a bit of money spent on a refresh of the queue house. I think if you advertised like it was a new attraction (not calling it new, but just making it the focus of an ad campaign) it might be worth it. Also, aside from keeping queues down and satisfaction up, how do you reckon an increased capacity would affect on ride photo sales?

I did see something weird right behind the show stage at Movie World where the LTRR Boats are located I saw a TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) It was shaped as a rectangle maybe this could be theming one of MW's attractions Its not Arkham because I got rethemed last year! Anyways I want to see this at DW

Edited by HillbillyTheThemeParker

What I like about Cyclone is works well as step up for people getting into coasters and those sorts of rides... for people who feel ToT2 is too thrilling, but the Reptar, (or Madagascar I believe its now themed?) is too boring. Plus it works well now with WWW, I agree with Joz IMO it needs a refresh and second train for better operation. I'm firm believer and I don't think its a secret in really focusing on a parks operations and having lines moving as quick as possibly, with staff working a ride efficiently. I also disagree with putting a coaster around Thunderbolt. 1. The station now works as the entry to WW from DW. 2. The land is mostly taken up by WWW where Thunderbolt once was. 3. The small area left we are hoping will be used for a WWW expansion. I'd like to see DW's next coaster be something like a spinning coaster, Euro Fighter, or Mini Hyper. For MW, I think LT needs some work before they look at another coaster, and I would like to see the park also add a second water ride for the hot months... But when it come time for a coaster, I would love to see a wooden coaster.

Are you going to give them the 20mil + to fund it?

That is true, but Dreamworld seriously needs to build a proper coaster, maybe something more realistic like an Intamin mega-lite would do. They just need something to compete with SE. No more flat rides or shittle coasters, we want to see something proper now. As a way of expressing my opinion, not that this is a good idea, but I wouldn't mind if they sold every ride at Whitewater world to make way for a proper coaster. As it is now, they just buy a cheap, crappy capacity ride, advertise the hell out of it and make a good buck to invest in their next business move and a beachfront home.

Having just returned from Orlando, one of them needs to build a flying coaster - Manta was the best coaster I've ever experienced.. I rode that baby most of the day.. The first loop was like nothing else, soaring up forwards then back over yourself somersault style, head first downwards.. Oh my, just brilliant. The barrel rolls, water sections and flying close to objects also awesome. Dreamworld should utilize the mine ride area (if structurally sound), expand upon it with a shed and build something mummyesque. Add some shoulder restraints, inversions, multiple cars for capacity.. It's a no brainier if the space is workable.. Now 32 and born on the coast, it's disappointing to see Seaworld getting a watercoaster, MW with Green Lantern / JL and Dreamworld falling short.. I guess WWW set them back somewhat.. I hope Dreamworld has a 'next big thing' account they have been putting a share of profits in to all these years and not blown it all on a waterpark, buzzsaw and Kung fu panda..

Edited by fullauto

Really? Was Terminator a great ride? Skip to 1:41 of this video and see their reactions. If anyone was too lazy to watch the video some of the reactions were 'this was the worst ride ever', 'that was awful', 'that was terrible', 'the ride was absolutely awful, it was not fun'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2IwRIw8fY Overall nobody expect you people want an ugly wooden coaster that looks like it was made in someones backyard. What would you rather? A new steel B&M or Giga or a big useless waist of space Wooden Coaster. Anyway, you's can keep dreaming because I doubt Dreamworld will be releasing a new roller coaster anytime soon.

you are talking about iJustine there, she hates anything that moves. I suggest you research your example before posting.

I think the thing about water coasters that might put people off is that no park has built a really good one. SWO's Journey to Atlantis is a really good example of that; it's clearly a great ride system, but overall it's a crappy ride. Hopefully Storm can take better advantage of the ride system, because there is so much potential for one of these rides to be epic.

^^ why is it dissapointing that sea world is getting a water coaster? It's kinda the perfect ride for the park.

Not 'disappointing' as a ride, it's awesome the GC / Aus is getting a watercoaster. I guess I'm just surprised, Dreamworld held the crown in thrills for a long time. I always figured they would be on top with the latest and greatest thrills. They have spent so much investing in the 'family' market.. Something like Manta (flying coaster etc.) or an improved mine ride - hell they need both to really pack a punch..

I think the thing about water coasters that might put people off is that no park has built a really good one.

I'd argue that Europa has a very good one. Also, I'm excited now. I discovered the K-Mart that looks like the Bermuda ride building, except its a Coles not a K-Mart, but....too excited to care! http://goo.gl/maps/psdkq

I feel that a flyer (tatsu clone :wub: ) would be a fantastic addition to Movieworld. There would be so many theme possibilties and I think the very unique experience and thrill offered by this style of attraction would be a huge crowd puller; more so than any other attraction at the themeparks. Undoubtably this would be well recieved by the public; but well enough to justify though the high initail outlay, thats the big question.