Movie World Trip (it's been a while)

chop2332

Hey guys, I'll be heading to Movie World in a couple of weeks. I live in Vic so thats why its been a while. Anyways a few questions; 1. Hollywood Stunt Driver Pit Pass - Age Restrictions? 1a-dd; should only be answered if a 16 year old can do the pit pass. 1a. Is it really worth the $180 1b. What's the souvenir poster like? 1c. Any way to pre book, or does it have to be done that day? 1d. How long does the ride go for? 1dd. Any way to extend it? 1e. Do you actually see the drivers again, or just that 5-10 minutes in the car? 2. Is there any other experiences like this ^ at MW? 3.. Been a while since I've been to M.W, what's the best order of operation? if someone had a map they could share labelled with 1-10 or whatever? 4.. Worth taking a video camera? or will it become that first 20 minute used thing, that becomes bulky? 5. Is there any new ATTRACTIONS (not rides) at MW? 6. Is Arkham Aslyum or what ever it is, just revamped lethal weapon? Thats all FOR now.

1 - no idea but i would hazard a guess you would have to be 18+ for legal restrictions but could be wrong 2 - nope 3 - as you are going in winter, i doubt WWF is going to be on your itinerary so you cant just avoid that area of the park. Depending on what day of the week you are going - Get there 15 prior to opening time and i would do as follows: 1 - GL 2 - BWSS 3 - HSD 4 - AA: ST 5 - Lunch 6 - Scooby - the afternoon session of HSD will absorb a lot of the families so should be your quickest time to get on 7 - S:E - head straight there after Scooby and should still be minimal line - otherwise wait for the parade time to absorb some more people Should have you done by 3pm with a couple hours left for re-rides/Ice Age 4D etc 4 - Take it and hire a locker for $7 for the day, take it to HSD and any of the roving entertainment you want to record, then lock it up. 5 - check the thread about MW entertainment - there is a lot more roving stuff than i was aware of 6 - yes and no. Same ride layout, new carriages, queue and ride theme, and overall a different experience. Well worth a ride - the new trains IMO are a vast improvement

haven't actually posted before but there's a first for everything I did the HSD Pit Pass and i thought it was good value overall, when i went about 4 months ago $179.95 got me special seats, a ride around doing the stunts for about 5 minutes (which was thrilling) while it recorded. I also got photos taken with the cars, a free lunch and a named coffee mug. Only saw the drivers again afterwards briefly and i dont think you can extend it but someone else who was in a different car had a problem with the recording so they had to go around again. With the itinerary, just get superman and arkham in early. I suggest catching the earlier HSD show at 11:50 (unless you get pit pass because i did it on the later show and ended up watching twice) i noticed scooby got quiet during the parade when i was there before christmas and im guessing GL the same (haven't been this holiday period) And on the topic of Arkham Asylum, it's amazing. ride it, enough said edit: yes you can also pre-book just call them to book a spot and pay on the day

Edited by buzzkill13

I think i've seen once in the xmas holidays a 10am show, 11am show, 12:30pm show, 1:50pm show and a 4:15pm show. I think (don't quote me on it) the most they do is 5 shows in a day, often 4 in peak (no 12:30pm show) and the 10am is only in xmas holidays as far as I am aware when the park was opening at 9:30am.

Wouldn't be 4:50? The park would close in 10 mins and the show goes for longer doesn't it? I think its 4 or 4:10..something like that but yes as you mentioned this is only on busy days they do this.

Yea I know that's why 4:50 didn't sound right. 4:15 makes sense - knew it had a 5 in there somewhere Edited by reanimated35

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, Thought I would do an update. 1) Construction is under way at the front of JL Dark ride. A few scaffolds here and there... 2) Audio is working on Arkham, Doesn't go fully around only up the chain hill! Jokers says "ooo I can see my house from up here" etc "Time to get fried!" *Buzzing noises* then stops.

Hey guys, Thought I would do an update. 1) Construction is under way at the front of JL Dark ride. A few scaffolds here and there... 2) Audio is working on Arkham, Doesn't go fully around only up the chain hill! Jokers says "ooo I can see my house from up here" etc "Time to get fried!" *Buzzing noises* then stops.

Great to hear! Any Pictures?? :)

That's good to hear they've at least made some attempt with audio, even if it's not on-board. Might have been nice if they'd also had some speakers along the brake run at the end of the ride. It's interesting that the on-board audio seems to have basically been a failure for both Green Lantern and in particular Arkham. Guessing they won't try it again in future

Good to hear. Yet underwhelming if it's only up the lift hill, could have just whacked some speakers on the stairs.

I dunno, I reckon the ride's too loud to warrant use of the speakers after the hill. And wouldn't stair speakers cause sync issues? having to organize speakers so that every person can hear every word moving up the hill sounds difficult.

That's good to hear they've at least made some attempt with audio, even if it's not on-board. Might have been nice if they'd also had some speakers along the brake run at the end of the ride. It's interesting that the on-board audio seems to have basically been a failure for both Green Lantern and in particular Arkham. Guessing they won't try it again in future

It is on-board, and I agree, I thought they would have had utilised the system along the brake run. I would not call it a failure considering it only has just been hooked up/appears to be working as intended.