Total Thrills Wonderland Farewell Meet

rappa

WOW, Richard, Joz and I were sure Liam would be the first on here with a post :) Now I'm not really one to do full blown trip report...so I won't! I will give you all a few highlights from the day however. We ended up with about a dozen all up, not a bad show but to all of you that were no shows, unfortunately you became the but of many jokes all day :-p Those in attendance were myself, Richard, Joz, Flea, Andy q69, Screammachine (+3), DJKostya, Muke and STDragon (+1). So yes where were all of you that said you were coming??? We kicked off the day at about 10:20am due to a late taxi (or was it contents of the taxi Richard?) which had in it some very important folks. We hit pretty much everything like Probe, Demon and BB many times during the day. A few including Joz and Richard got stuck on the BB lift at one time. DJ Kostya managed to clean up a bird on Demon’s boomerang :-) We all got drenched on Snowy, I'm sure that didn't used to happen! And of course we all got abused by Bounty's Revenge. There were also a few characters along the way like Dodgem Boy and Zodiac Door guy that made the day all that more amusing. But the one highlight of the day had to be without a doubt Bounty's Girl...however I think we'll have to take that one to the grave...that'll teach you not to come HAHAHA We also got to somewhat witness what we're pretty sure was a major incident on Snowy River in the afternoon which resulted on the ride being drained and shutdown for the rest of the day. Staff quickly cleared us out and were very hush hush about it so I won't speculate on here what it was all about. Still, added excitement none the less. All in all I think a pretty good day was had by all in attendance. Thanks to management for the deals and Liam and Richard for organising them. There are plenty of shirts still available and I think everyone should buy one. Last ride of the day was on Bush Beast As Richard said "Let's do it all again when Lunar Park closes." :-)

There were also a few characters along the way like Dodgem Boy and Zodiac Door guy that made the day all that more amusing. But the one highlight of the day had to be without a doubt Bounty's Girl...however I think we'll have to take that one to the grave...that'll teach you not to come HAHAHA
LOL.
WOW, Richard, Joz and I were sure Liam would be the first on here with a post :)
Let's just say if he came on earlier, and longer, he would've. Anyways, the day was great, and well organised, except for the few missing people that didn't decide to come. But other than that, it was cool.

Dude, did you end up buying a shirt? Richard and I were the only ones wearing them, I hope he gets some more sales :P The day was so great, was a little dissapointed with those that said they will come but didn't. Regardless, it was certainly a day to remember. Bounty Girl was the funniest thing I've ever seen at Wonderland in a long long time.. I'll leave the explaining for someone who's legal to do so though. Everyone was as nice as I expected them to be, DJ Rappa had to be the hilarious comedian of the day :D The conversations we all had were really interesting. It was sort of a fun blend of coasters & girls (and the odd light discussions between Clint and I ;)). The random appearances of Bounty Girl has us on the floor everytime. The lunch was absolutely delicious (I don't know what everyone else thought about it). Barbequed chicken, steak, potatoes etc were really nice! We all received a small souvenir, which was a key ring of Wonderland (around the value of $6 or $7). Thanks to everyone who came! Liam

Yes you know I bought a shirt. I could have done so earlier but was more fun to let you bug me about it all day :-) Oh yes I forgot about lunch. Lunch was really cool, easily worth the small sum of $12.50! I'm pretty sure Richard got a few pics. I can't believe we didn't do a group pic though, that was a bit slack of us all...

Well I might as well put in my 2c..... Well yeah... I had a really good day. I havnt been to the park for over a year, and I could clearly see some big improvements the park has made over the last year.. First mistake do not go out the night before goin to a Themepark. The Bounty's revenge didnt really contribute to the headache I already had! :rolleyes: Firstly I would like to say thanks to Flea & Richard for organizing the day for us. (Entrance & Food) Go the Potato BAke!!!!!!!!! Secondly I feel really bad not being around you guys most of the day. The three mates I had with me made it pretty hard, cause they wanted to run off and do their own thing. But apart from that I was really happy meetin the crew. And I had a good day..... Now on to some serious business. The incedent with the bounty's revenge. What happened there. We were on the BB goin up the hill and I saw all of the tubes stuck on the lift hill, and some people in the water. Does any of you guys know what happend. And the story with the doorguy. Did he have trouble opening and closing the door. (Btw we didnt make it to the Zodiac with you guys cause my mate wanted to put away his wallet in his bag which was in one of those lockers, but he forgot his bloody pin code :mad: ) And now on to some funny stuff. We also expierenced some "funny" people in our time. There was diaper lady who changed her babies diaper in the open at the Sunken Ship stage thingy. And she walked around with it hangin open tryin to find a bin! But wait there is more. Expierenced first hand; Demon Girl. I had this girl on the demon who wouldnt move from the front seat after she had her go. I told her to move and this is what she said. "Excuse me, this is my ride. My dad owns this park and I can sit and ride wherever I want." SO I said to her, "well firstly your dad doesnt own the park, my dad does, now #@$% and get out of the seat. She then started a argument that her dad actually ownes the park, I just gave up on her and I went to the op lady and told her this girl had her go but she refuses to leave. Ride op lady saved the day. Screammachine

I'll post something more in-depth when I'm a little more alive than I am now. It was a great day and I'm sure everyone had fun. It certainly was an enjoyable experience and good to meet everyone and put faces to names. Anyone who SMSed me and I didn't get back, I'm sorry I didn't, but credit (along with money - thanks joz :)) became a bit of a scarcity for me. I hope it didn't inconvenience you in any way. To answer a few questions that are out there. I'll flog off the t-shirts as soon as I get around to organizing it. The new website, which I never actually got around to mentioning, besides at Maccas afterwoods with djrappa, nev and joz (and that was not so much an announcement, but rather "hey, ABC stole the domain I wanted!"), but the new website will be a nice and easy to remember www.roller-coaster.com.au.

Just to clarify the Incident was on Snowy River, not Bounty's...the Bounty's was a much different, funny and more apealing to the eye one :-) Yeah well that looks to confirm what we thought and that is that someone fell out of the ride mid course and failed to return to the station...again this is not fact people, only a best guess! I am attempting to have this clarified as we speak. What the hell was the go with the chick? Whish we'd been there to see that! Should have just asked her "How is Malaysia these days" LOL Door Boy was this guy who felt the urge to try and get out of the Zodiac car on the ground without the door being opened...like WTF

Don't tell me... did a sort's norks fall out on Bounty's? Or just a buxom lady being squashed to the max? You've got to fill us in. You can't tease us like this. I'd have said to the girl at Demon, 'so it's his fault the place is closing!', and got really angry, that would have scared her off for sure. Mate, they do it at Zodiac all the time. The boofhead's try and press the foot pedal by sticking their leg through the bars and quite often getting stuck. Another thing they do is over the top of the door. Absolute idiots. They've also had a few incidents up there of people opening doors with umbrellas etc. The Snowy issue sounds pretty serious. Were there really people in the water? maybe it A-framed? hehe. Piss funny stuff. By the way, this is when 3 boats come together causing the one in the middle to go arse up... We shouldn't speculate anyway.

Nah Dan, althought that would have been very nice this was much more involved and humourous than a simple Bounty Blow Out...and nope this we will keep for quite some time, if you ask me the $40 admisson was worth it just for this! Yeah, not talking about actualy trying to open the door...this guy was trying to climb over and around the closed door! Weirdo, then when he got out he headed straight to all the other cabins and opened the doors. Guess he wanted to play ride op??? I think the guys in the water were staff, if what I am led to believe happend, someone actualy fell or jumped from their raft mid-course...but again I don't want to speculate.

You're a bunch of buggers for not telling me. I mean, I mean, spread the love beautiful people. Yeah you get the weird ones that go around and open doors for you and it's like good on you pal, you're a superstar, but you still ain't getting my pay cheque so nick off. Well staff in the water is a big no no in Uncle Wally's book. One of the first thing's you're told when you're trained is you do not get into the water! That's what the throw bag is for. I said stuff that at the time and I still maintain that it would not be something I think about. It would be a spur of the moment thing and I'd be in if someone was in there, I don't care what anyone says. It's definitely something you wouldn't have the chance to think about. You'd be in before you realised what you had just done. Interesting however. I might ask my former collegues on the 26th April. Until then, hang tight.

It was probably Liam :P Was he about 40 or so? It wouldn't have been Kev, he'd have had jeans on. Boofhead Flea would know Kev anyway. It could have been the guy who claims to be maintenance from the Gold Coast. He comes weekends only, unlike Kev. Curly sorta hair. Then again he usually wears jeans and a Wonderland t-shirt. There's another guy I'd say around 20 who isn't quite there who is also a regular. Dark hair.

He he the guy ur talkin about, he is a regular weekends only and flirts with space probe ride-ops and game attendents. I think his name is Nic, Interestin you say about the curly haird guy Dan, i see him all the time on dodgems and he walks round like he owns the place, pitty he didn't it wouldn't be closing then..............

Hey Guys... Tried to get in touch with an SMS to Richard and now understand why I did not get a response. Got stuck on the Great Western Hwy behind a Semi that slammed into 2 cars and blocked the road. I did get in (a little late) and took alot of photo's especially when security and the suits ran and I mean ran down to Snowy River. Also got a shot of that creepy guy in the Red and Black tracksuit talking to the guy that was driving the Wonderland Express. You could say that I caught him in mid-pick. He also stepped in front of the camera a few times and was told by my friend not to do that again, kindly of course. If you want the pics... let me know. Neil

Well Flea I'm pretty sure he jumped on Probe with DJKostya and I on that first ride of the day...pissed I only got to ride on the car with the dodgy view all day :-( That guy is indeed weird :-p Neil! Why on earth didn't you come find us? It wasn't like we were hard to spot and you should have rung Richard. Bummer eh. Hope you had a good day, post your pics...

Hey Andy_q69. I sometimes ask myself that same question. LOL. I was the one wearing the grey and blue shirt with the white collar and soaked from head to toe (DAMM you Snowy River). And if you were sittin at my table I was the one with the plate full of Potato Bake... Hehehehe Come to think of it. I couldnt really put a name to anyones face when we were there??? :confused: Who were the other "strangers". The only people I could clear up was Flea and Richard.... I'm bad with names and faces!! And i want to work in Tourism!!! :eek: Oh yea and Daniel. You didnt need to get up close and personal to this dude. He spoke with a fairly open mouth which can be seen from far away. LOL And one last thing. I axed this kid sooooo hard on the dodgems. With the help of my two sidekicks of course..... Mwahhahaha Orange Mongoose Shirt Kid.... Well thats about it Screammachine