POP

Movie World has a dig at Dream World?

13 posts in this topic

LOL...this was posted on their Facebook a day or two ago...What do you guys think? Slight dig at Dream World for no longer having the tallest drop tower in the world or all in my head?

Random "Rollercoaster" this week is not only the newest kid on the block, but also the TALLEST drop tower in the world!! The Lex Luther Drop of Doom at Six Flags Magic Mountain lifts you 400ft at speeds of up to 85 km/h and drops you into freefall for 5 seconds! Is that faster than a speeding bullet?

576116_10151081852492182_211019528_n.jpg

I think the funniest part of that Facebook post was when they said it drops at speeds up to 85kph. Sure you don't mean 85mph? I honestly cringe at every one of Movieworld's "Random rollercoaster" posts due to the inaccurate facts and descriptions often copied and pasted directly from wikipedia.

I think the funniest part of that Facebook post was when they said it drops at speeds up to 85kph. Sure you don't mean 85mph? I honestly cringe at every one of Movieworld's "Random rollercoaster" posts due to the inaccurate facts and descriptions often copied and pasted directly from wikipedia.

It has to be 85kph because 85mph is over 100kph and that has to very extreme for a drop tower?

It has to be 85kph because 85mph is over 100kph and that has to very extreme for a drop tower?

Wrong. It is meant to be in miles which converts to 136.794km/h. Which is about the same speed as GD.

Not if it has breaks all the way down ;) I know some S&S drop towers only reach 64kph from a height of 70m, what makes them so slow? Is it a controlled descent rather than a free fall drop?

No S&S down is a free fall under gravity. The turbo drop towers decent at a greater acceleration than gravity and the space shots fall is 'cushioned' by air. Very different than the intamin towers which literally drop the gondola into virtually a free fall (minus track friction). The Disney tower of terrors are similar to the S&S concept where the elevator is pushed and pulled up and down the shaft and never actually dropped.