Water coaster bound for Australia in 2013

Parkz News

Not sure if its yet been mentioned (and I wasn't the person who found it) but the GCCC has received an application to demolish Bermuda. I'd say theres an above average chance (especially considering the original plans a few years ago), that Mack is headed for Sea World as a fitting replacement for Bermuda.

Really any park on the Gold Coast I could see this easily fitting in. However, I think the park that needs a new ride the most and now that AlexB adds that piece of information above (Bermuda demolition), I could see this/looks where it is headed to SW. I'm going to be sad to see the Volcanos go, I always thought of them to be a Gold Coast icon, seen from the Broadwater with flames erupting from the top!! I know the park always wanted one, this was shown when they last lodged the plans with council and looks like the park has returned to this attraction. Now the speculation begin on what the theme will be; I seem to recall Gazza actually came up with a plan for a water coaster to go where JR now sits, can anyone find that idea, it was pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing it sit where Bermuda now sits! I just hope if it is destined for BT then people can stop complaining about how bad management and blah blah is. BT could have closed for any number of reasons that were unavoidable (the park has shown even if costs a lot they are willing to keep it going) and no doubt replacements take time. I don't argue the park lost some of its charm and I agree BT didn't look very good just sitting there so open to the public. However, the park has been taking some positive steps, Spongebob Parade, Jet-ski show, Dino Island and now hopefully BT replacement. Just do something about the train line, give the monorails a revamp (adding a new train to replace the one that was decommissioned and some air-con), kids area and just ensure the parks grounds are kept to a high standard and I'll be very happy to spend my afternoon's just lazing around the park. Hopefully, MW will add a LT replacement next year as well, construction will be underway for WnW Sydney and we will see VRTP's become a powerhouse!! Also, can we see this discussion in 'Theme Park Discussion' so it can be better discussed?!?!

Original, was Gazza's idea you were referring to? Also, just to support what Alex said, here is a link. The description says "DEMOLISH BERMUDA TRIANGLE RIDE & BUILDING INTERIOR" which to me says the building itself will remain intact and could be used for the replacement. If this is going to Sea World I wouldn't expect to see any word from the park about it until March/April next year following this statement earlier this year.

I seem to recall Gazza actually came up with a plan for a water coaster to go where JR now sits, can anyone find that idea, it was pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing it sit where Bermuda now sits!

Haha that thing, It was more of an Aquatrax I guess, and in hindsight probably didn't have too great of a layout lol.

The description says "DEMOLISH BERMUDA TRIANGLE RIDE & BUILDING INTERIOR" which to me says the building itself will remain intact and could be used for the replacement.

Exactly what I noticed. I hope they are indeed retaining the building as this means the water coaster could have a dark ride portion. Something I am keeping my fingers crossed for

I personally think a height limit is ridiculous!! Really? SW have no permanent neighbours, people across the Broadwater/Main Beach, will it really destroy their view, they have the rest of the ocean and these things are blip on their radar, when really does a ride completely intrude on someones view when you live that far away. The height should be gone and not exist AT ALL. There are permanent residents who live closer to MW and they don't have a height limit! How can a park truly expand if a height limit is in place?!?! Anyway, still can't see how this would go anywhere else but SW, unless MW wanted to expand or use it as their LT replacement. DW, maybe another expansion, Blue Lagoon? I did say they, I personally thought they needed another water ride since their two in Summer get HUGE lines that they can't handle! Hey, maybe While Sally are still out here if its going to MW could help with some theming and any animatroincs if there are any!! :P Also, if it is for SW, while I think an Atlantis theme is great, I wouldn't mind seeing our Aussie SW pick a different theme for the ride... give something for us to separate ourselves from and sell it as being unique, IMO anyway.

If it did go into Seaworld, do you think they would remove the flume? I mean would people still ride the flume if the WC was built? Reasons to keep Another Attraction for people to ride Tamer than a water coaster for families, (although i see WC's as family.) A way for people to get wet in summer without lining up for the WC Reasons to get rid of it Similar to the new WC but less exciting Cost to run - maintenance and running cost Age I guess the same could be said for DW and their log ride. :/

Just trying to remember, but Seaworld have a height restriction on their attractions dont they? I wonder if a water coaster would go over that?

Remember the Looney Tunes River ride and Bermuda Triangle, it's very easy to make a good Water Ride without high drops by keeping the emphasis away from the drop. Edited by BemaniAK

but do we want a clone of Journey To Atlantis or a new design and theme. i personally would love Journey To Atlantis as its a real seaworld brand ride and doesnt seem like a full ride. If we look at a new experince want would you go with its a tough thing since they would want something that improves the park and this ride would likely be come the centre piece of seaworld cause of its location and maybe size so there is alot to look forward to at seaworld in 2013 as its finally getting some love