What ever Happened to Magic Mountian

seaboi

Honestly can't remember what happened to it. From all the stories I've heard it sounds like a combination of what you've mentioned below, sadly, I must admit, I have no clue, nor did I even get the chance to visit. :( Probably might be an idea to try and look for info in Southport, at the Local Area Library. One of these days I might even go have a look myself. :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...
Guys, Does anyone know what ever happened to Magic Mountain on the Gold Coast? All i can remember is the big castle, small thrill rides and the chairlift. Did it go bust? or was it bought out by property developers? Anyone know?
i remember magic mountian. sold to developers is now terrace stye units

• 1 month later...

I can remember going to Magic Mountain as a kid in the late 70's. At night the tops of the castle we're lit up in this glowing kind of purple paint and it looked cool. We went there at night for some sort of 'watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat' magic show. I can remember my parents saying that it was rubbish. Later in the park's life they installed one of those parachite drop rides that was pretty good. Remember in the late 1980's when Channel 9 made a 'new' series of Mission Impossible in Australia? There was one epsiode (guest starring Parker Stephenson) which was filmed at Magic Moutntain. At the time of filming the park had been closed for a while and from memory was looking pretty trashed. On the site now is an apartment complex and one of the streets at the base of the hill (not really amountain) is still called 'Chairlift St'..

I have a few photographs of the old Magic Mountain which will appear on my website evetually. Some before and after. Kinda freaky it is. Edit: Oh, and the Parachute ride is now at the Skycoaster Site, and was previously Wonderland's Skyhawk. And the little plane ride they had is now Dora The Explorer's Sea Planes at Dreamworld.

Edited by T-bone