Constrictor for Wet 'n' Wild

ads086

A crocodile is any species belonging to the family Crocodylidae (sometimes classified instead as the subfamily Crocodylinae). The term can also be used more loosely to include all extant members of the order Crocodilia: i.e. the true crocodiles, the alligators and caimans (family Alligatoridae) and the gharials (family Gavialidae), as well as the Crocodylomorpha, which include prehistoric crocodile relatives and ancestors. Member species of the family Crocodylidae are large aquatic reptiles that live throughout the tropics in Africa, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Crocodiles tend to congregate in freshwater habitats such as rivers, lakes, wetlands and sometimes in brackish water. They feed mostly on vertebrates - fish, reptiles, and mammals, and sometimes on invertebrates - molluscs and crustaceans, depending on species. They first appeared during the Eocene epoch, about 55 million years ago.

Village Roadshow seem to be churning out new attractions at their parks! The eye looks more like a snake's eye than a crocodile's to me. That would be a much more plausible theme for a waterslide. From the report of it being 199m long I'm expecting it could be one of those "Watercoaster" type slides like the one White Water World has. That would be an awesome addition.

Edited by alex_1

From the report of it being 199m long I'm expecting it could be one of those "Watercoaster" type slides like the one White Water World has. That would be an awesome addition.

It actually says 166.7m. Super Tubes Hydrocoaster is 236m and if Wet'n'Wild only got one 166.7m in length, I think I'd be bit annoyed. For a park the size of WnW it needs a bit more. If WnW did get a water coaster though, I would really love to see them get a dueling master blaster like their sister park in Phoenix.

This is great news, and surprising, I really wasn't expecting to see something from WnW and didn't really think they needed anything, but nonetheless we'll gladly take it. It means VRTP have basically got something new coming to each of their parks in the next year and a bit if the water coaster is for SW! Also, I'm really liking how VRTP are utilising social media to create anticipation about upcoming attractions, unlike when we would something get built with no mention that it was actually there until it was basically open <_< Slightly off topic, but I'd really like to see them update one of their Mammoth slides, keep one side open, but enclose the other, add some lighting effects and music, I think it would make two different experiences, for what is two of the same slide.

Pretty obvious where it's going but driving past today i noticed what looks like construction in it's early stages immediately behind the old terror canyon drop zone with alot of dirt which i'm pretty sure wasn't there before. I'm excited to see a new ride for Wet 'n Wild and i'm impressed with VRTP for their wise decisions on new attractions..

Slightly off topic, but I'd really like to see them update one of their Mammoth slides, keep one side open, but enclose the other, add some lighting effects and music, I think it would make two different experiences, for what is two of the same slide.

I think that is a brilliant idea! It would give a great effect to a somewhat outdated water ride. How old is that thing anyway?

Which side? One side is newer than the other - being that the old mammoth 'fall' slide got sent to SWRWP a few years back and replaced with another (mirror) river. TLC channel had a 'waterparks' special a few months back - showed a bowl slide fully enclosed with disco lights etc - was very well done. Mammoth would be a bit harder - as riders aren't in the same spot for very long...

Wow. Village are just going for it aren't they! Good on them. I didn't even think a new attraction for WnW was necessary right now, especially considering all the stuff going in at the other parks. But happy to see it anyway! I just can't get over how much capex they must be going through right now. Great stuff. It will be well and truly worth a trip to the Gold Coast next year thanks to Village and that's an understatement

Which side? One side is newer than the other - being that the old mammoth 'fall' slide got sent to SWRWP a few years back and replaced with another (mirror) river.

That was my point, since both slides mirror one another keep one out in the open, enclose the other! I know one is newer than the other, but I don't think it really matters which one is enclosed, they both do the same thing. But it could bring life to an older ride and draw people to that side of the park, especially so the other side doesn't become clogged with people if that is where the new slide goes, having Aqualoop and the new addition. Question as well, but if the ride is taking the old Terror Canyon site, what will happen to the Zip Line? Is it in the way and will have to go, or are they going to be able to build around?

I personally would be against a King Cobra because it seems a bit too similar to the Kamikaze and because of its capacity issues. I'm thinking a White Water West Family Anaconda/Python/Rattler would be a nice fit.

TPGC - I think you might be onto something here - anyone see what WnWP got in last year??? I'm just spitballing here - but the theme seems to fit too... http://wetnwildphoenix.com/Rides--and--Attractions/Constrictor.htm Here's the product page... http://www.whitewaterwest.com/constrictor_tubing.html

^I reckon half of these new slides made by Whitewater West are just an excuse to sell more fibreglass. The tunnel is wider, but its not like a raft is ever gonna go anywhere near the top.Anaconda and Python being the best examples.I think their tornado rip-off, the Abyss, is the most Blatant: http://www.whitewate....com/Abyss.html The dinosaur this park decided to stick on top is a nice touch: 8.jpg And I'm presuming the "Curl" version they make is to avoid infringing on Proslides patents: 9.jpg Slightly ontopic, but See the other thing WnWP got too, a baby sized version of Tornado, how cute!http://wetnwildphoen.../WetnWildJr.htm

Edited by Gazza

Slightly off topic, but I'd really like to see them update one of their Mammoth slides, keep one side open, but enclose the other, add some lighting effects and music, I think it would make two different experiences, for what is two of the same slide.

That creates problems with running the ride, when the slide's popularity started to dwindle that was when they sent the mammoth plunge to SeaWorld Resort, having both sides be mirrored identical slides meant that on quiet days they could close one side and not have any guests complaining that they want to ride the other. With the rides even lower popularity I doubt they'll be changing that now.

The park in winter also runs alternate slides. One slide for one hour, then another for an hour. Why couldn't they just do the same as they do with their other slides?

Simply put, complaints.

If they changed it up a bit, the popularity of the ride would increase as people would want to experience the new side of it.

However in winter it would still be completely barren. I happened to inquire through Email when the Mammoth Plunge was moved to Seaworld, they specifically stated "issues with running 2 different slides during winter months" was their reasoning.